Does Big Ten regret adding Rutgers? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Does Big Ten regret adding Rutgers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was hoping to read that Randy approached an empty bus only to learn that the rest of the team went out the back door and chartered their own flight home.

Reaction Score
Of really no relevance to this thread other than it's Rutgers and probably another testament to why the Big Ten does not regret taking them (OK I guess that is relevance after all): ABC has elected to show Rutgers-Ohio State as their national 8 PM primetime game Saturday.

This is hugely surprising given Rutgers is a middling team, but this has 'NYC' written all over it. Not saying the big apple is going to tune in their television sets in droves to see this one, but it's the first real significant benchmark of what the television networks think of having Rutgers in a league with big boys.

Shameless pandering side note: I still hold out hope as a Big Ten guy this will also include UConn in the next 3-5 years.

Reaction Score
Of really no relevance to this thread other than it's Rutgers and probably another testament to why the Big Ten does not regret taking them (OK I guess that is relevance after all): ABC has elected to show Rutgers-Ohio State as their national 8 PM primetime game Saturday.

This is hugely surprising given Rutgers is a middling team, but this has 'NYC' written all over it. Not saying the big apple is going to tune in their television sets in droves to see this one, but it's the first real significant benchmark of what the television networks think of having Rutgers in a league with big boys.

Shameless pandering side note: I still hold out hope as a Big Ten guy this will also include UConn in the next 3-5 years.
Yeah but were i think were catching them at a bad time...they 'OSU' seem to be getting their act together with JT Barrett now after barely beating Indiana.

Reaction Score
Yeah but were i think were catching them at a bad time...they 'OSU' seem to be getting their act together with JT Barrett now after barely beating Indiana.

Yeah most people around Ohio State would agree with that completely. Ohio State is definitely a far more dangerous team with Barrett in there. He did really well against Maryland and last night, may just have earned himself the job with that performance.

Reaction Score

I have a feeling KU and UConn are on the radar and odds on fav's to be future adds to the B1G.....wraps up the east. Even if Okie is the team from the west no one but UConn make sense in the NE......the silence lately has been deafening.

Reaction Score
I have a feeling KU and UConn are on the radar and odds on fav's to be future adds to the B1G.....wraps up the east. Even if Okie is the team from the west no one but UConn make sense in the NE.the silence lately has been deafening.

If the B1G expands, the question is what shake loose as I believe that the B1G will not add a single school unless said school is ND (would only happen if the ACC falls apart) or Texas (won't be the first team to leave the XII).
Out of the G5 members, I believe that only UConn has a reasonable shot at the B1G. But, UConn will need a partner and that partner will have to come from a P5 member, which is the challenge.

Reaction Score
If the B1G expands, the question is what shake loose as I believe that the B1G will not add a single school unless said school is ND (would only happen if the ACC falls apart) or Texas (won't be the first team to leave the XII).
Out of the G5 members, I believe that only UConn has a reasonable shot at the B1G. But, UConn will need a partner and that partner will have to come from a P5 member, which is the challenge.
They are staring at us. At worst, they are trying to figure out who else to add. Title IX is historic and UConn is the UCLA of women's basketball.

Reaction Score
They are staring at us. At worst, they are trying to figure out who else to add. Title IX is historic and UConn is the UCLA of women's basketball.

Going a little OT.

http://bber.unm.edu/econ/us-pci.htm

Something you guys have been saying all along. Per Capita Income: Connecticut, 1; Kansas 24; Oklahoma, 32;

Not that it's the whole story of course. Mississippi is #50, yet has two SEC schools.

Reaction Score
Paul-Pasqualoni-Photo.jpg
This is the funniest post I've seen in a while.

Reaction Score
On a side note, I'm thinking the question needs to be asked: does the ACC regret adding Louisville? Someone start the thread!

Reaction Score
On a side note, I'm thinking the question needs to be asked: does the ACC regret adding Louisville? Someone start the thread!
I will pay you $50 to start the thread on CSNBBS. :)

Frank (the Tank) is actively discussing the situation over there and so far they've been reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom