OT: - Do you think you’ll be able to do this at 98? | The Boneyard

OT: Do you think you’ll be able to do this at 98?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Nope! About 6 years ago, granddaughter asked if I knew how to do a cartwheel. I was in my 50s. Made the mistake of answering "of course" very quickly before evaluating the cause and effect of the answer. She says, show me Mimi, I want to see how to do one. So, there I go, do a cartwheel, and for the next few days wonder why my wrists were so damm sore. Clearly, I wasn't 14 anymore. :p:D

Reaction Score
I used to laugh at the ad on TV where the person says "Help I have fallen and can't get up". Now at 74 I don't laugh anymore. I need a chair or something to hold on to too get up from the floor.
After I had my hip replaced 4 years ago, I made it my mission to be able to get up by myself if needed. Also now 74, and probably in better shape physically than I was 15 years ago. No more work stress and sitting for many hours a day. Now, if I could get the arthritis to go away…

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Hell, I couldn’t do that at 12.

I’m fortunate in that my body began falling apart at 19. Had to give up volleyball and basketball at 20; handball and raquetball around 25, cycling 4 years ago and running 2 years ago. Running was a big part of my life for over 50 years, but losing volleyball hurt so much that losing running is mostly about missing the places where I used to run.

As Ellen Degeneres once said, “The wages of sin may be death, but after taxes, it’s just kind of a tired feeling.”

Reaction Score
I could do some. But not the hand stand, I will be 91 on Aug, 3rd 2024 and worked for 47 years owning a Muffler Shop until December 2023 and was a one man shop, I did all the installations myself, I RETIRED IN DEC, 2023, I am 5'8" and weigh 174 lbs, I love GENO and the HUSKIES, GO SOPHOMORES!!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!! GO NEW BEES!!!!!

Reaction Score
At 79 I still play ShortStop in softball tournaments and can do most of the Karate techniques I practices for 25 years, but looking ahead I doubt I'll be doing much of anything at 90, and with poor kidney health I'll never make it to 98.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Here’s a guy that’s almost 20 years younger

I saw the Stones on the Tattoo You tour in Philly and Hartford 40 years ago, and Jagger was already "old" then. The Stones put on an amazing concert and Jagger didn't stop for any of it.

Reaction Score
After I had my hip replaced 4 years ago, I made it my mission to be able to get up by myself if needed. Also now 74, and probably in better shape physically than I was 15 years ago. No more work stress and sitting for many hours a day. Now, if I could get the arthritis to go away…
Another 74-year old chiming in. I want to still be competitive in pickleball when I'm in my 80's and possibly 90's.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Here’s a guy that’s almost 20 years younger

A couple of decades ago, when they were in their 70's, my parents had a quote from George Burns on the 'fridge, "Young, old, they're just words."

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Look up “aging gracefully“ and you’ll find Meryl Streep.

The Devil Wears Prada is one of my favorite movies

Reaction Score
I hear my family and friends who have joined the 6 oh club (I'll be joining them soon) constantly complaining about how tough it is on them physically and mentally. I see my parents and wife's parents in their early 80s declining and wondering how much time they have left.
So while I enjoy hearing stories about people in their 90s who can still do this and that, I can't think that far ahead because of what I see and hear around me of people much younger than 90 struggling to do things they once did. It makes me wonder if I'll be able to do ANYTHING at that age (if I'm still even here).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Look up “aging gracefully“ and you’ll find Meryl Streep.

The Devil Wears Prada is one of my favorite movies

That she has, though 1986 was a pretty questionable hair choice, even for the 80s. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom