Do not look at the Big East's record | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Do not look at the Big East's record

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not only is your stat wrong, but everything you wrote here is totally irrelevant to anything I've said in this thread.

Well I replied to post not everything you wrote in the entire thread...

Tulsa was 0-1
Cincinnati was 0-1
Memphis was 1-1

Last I checked that adds up to 1-3.

Reaction Score
Well I replied to post not everything you wrote in the entire thread...

Tulsa was 0-1
Cincinnati was 0-1
Memphis was 1-1

Last I checked that adds up to 1-3.

You know quite well that I made absolutely no post about this year's AAC. In fact, I wrote a thread several weeks ago that the AAC is much weaker than I expected. I was ALWAYS discussing last year's AAC.

Reaction Score
I kind of am pulling for the Big East to win all their OOC games and all year hear the hype machine "Every game is a ranked matchup" blah blah blah. And then come march they just get EXPOSED. I feel that would be the ideal situation for it all. Some big BE games tonight. Go St. Johns, Marquette and Creighton!

Reaction Score
What I've never understood is the animosity towards the NBE from UConn fans. Those schools aren't responsible for our current situation. They weren't the schools that allowed greed to corrupt everything a lot of people loved about college sports, they weren't the ones that bailed and stabbed their conference mates in the back on the way out, and they're not the ones continuously involved in loathsome cheating scandals.

Is the league going to eventually fail? Probably. It just seems far-fetched that a league comprised mostly of small private schools are going to be able to compete with, as gurleyman says, state schools with state resources over the long haul. They're fighting a losing battle, and I understand it was never going to be a viable option for UConn. But I just don't get how we, as UConn fans, don't root for those guys over the P5 schools who are on a fast track to destroy college sports.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
What I've never understood is the animosity towards the NBE from UConn fans. Those schools aren't responsible for our current situation. They weren't the schools that allowed greed to corrupt everything a lot of people loved about college sports, they weren't the ones that bailed and stabbed their conference mates in the back on the way out, and they're not the ones continuously involved in loathsome cheating scandals.

Is the league going to eventually fail? Probably. It just seems far-fetched that a league comprised mostly of small private schools are going to be able to compete with, as gurleyman says, state schools with state resources over the long haul. They're fighting a losing battle, and I understand it was never going to be a viable option for UConn. But I just don't get how we, as UConn fans, don't root for those guys over the P5 schools who are on a fast track to destroy college sports.

We're UCONN fans. Being bitter at everyone under the sun is what we do.

Reaction Score
I think you jinxed them.

After going 37-2, they went 6-8 over last 3 days.

Reaction Score
I think you jinxed them.

After going 37-2, they went 6-8 over last 3 days.

did you expect them to win them all? not even the pre-2013 league would win all those tough games.

they'll be fine. they'll be a top 2 or 3 conference. enough to get them five or hopefully six bids

Reaction Score
I'll give you Villanova, Georgetown, and Butler so far. Providence beat a so-so Notre Dame team. Seton Hall hasn't played anyone. St. John's isn't going to make the tournament. Creighton had a nice start, but lost to Ole Miss last night which was a very winnable game for them. Xavier lost to UTEP and had a tough schedule coming up.

The Big East is a better league than the American this year, but I think it a 4 bid league, maybe 5. No way 6 teams get in.

Reaction Score
did you expect them to win them all? not even the pre-2013 league would win all those tough games.

they'll be fine. they'll be a top 2 or 3 conference. enough to get them five or hopefully six bids

In think you're selling them short. 8 bids at least.

Reaction Score

I don't despise the NBE, but those leeches certainly did play a role in the demise of the Big East.

Reaction Score
I don't despise the NBE, but those leeches certainly did play a role in the demise of the Big East.

Demise? the "leeches" had a role in saving the Big East. We gotta thank them for saving the little that was left. Everyone was jumping ship destroying the Big East brand in the process and the C-7 where supposed to just take it?

They were smart and said "Lets save the little we have and build on it". Unfortunately, our school [Connecticut] and Cincy were fuc*ed in the process...

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

They played no role, and stuck with it well beyond when they should have. BCU, Miami, Pitt, Syracuse and WVU were the ones that really screwed us.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Depaul beat Stanford? I saw the Lehigh-Depaul game, and their defense looked non-existent.

Reaction Score
Depaul beat Stanford? I saw the Lehigh-Depaul game, and their defense looked non-existent.

that win saved the league today... they wouldve taken a bigger hit in the RPI if depaul lost. Xavier is a f'cking joke not worthy of being 5-2 falling at the end to The Beach after beating them 97-74 the first time around

Reaction Score
Embarassing loss to Boston College for Providence. Such Bulls*tt... Big East drops to fourth in RPI behind B12, B10, ACC

Reaction Score
St. John's beats Syracuse at the Dome69-57 to improve to 6-1.

#23 Butler beats Northwestern 65-56 at the field house to improve to 7-1

Seton Hall destroys Rutgers 81-54

while #10 Villanova continues to beat up on teams, this time St. Joes 74-46...

I think the football schools that left the Big East will quickly find out that the Big East is a cat with nine lives. The B.E teams that are in the ACC today are all unranked (except L'ville)

the league climbs again to #3 in RPI and #2 in Win .Pct.

Impressive day for the B.E... Xavier closes the night with SEC 'BAMA tonight for a chance to close saturday 5-1

Reaction Score
If St. John's had somebody coaching them not named Steve Lavin they would be a national contender.

Reaction Score
St. John's beats Syracuse at the Dome69-57 to improve to 6-1.

#23 Butler beats Northwestern 65-56 at the field house to improve to 7-1

Seton Hall destroys Rutgers 81-54

while #10 Villanova continues to beat up on teams, this time St. Joes 74-46...

I think the football schools that left the Big East will quickly find out that the Big East is a cat with nine lives. The B.E teams that are in the ACC today are all unranked (except L'ville)

the league climbs again to #3 in RPI and #2 in Win .Pct.

Impressive day for the B.E... Xavier closes the night with SEC 'BAMA tonight for a chance to close saturday 5-1

Are you going to keep this up all year? I mean, Northwestern and Rutgers suck. Really now.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Going 5-1 in 6 games against P5 competition is an incredible day for the Big East. I didn't think they would win more than 3.

One thing we are definitely learning is that ex-Duke assistants still can't coach. Collins is going nowhere fast at Northwestern, and Coach Courtslapper has the Marquette car in reverse with his foot on the gas.

Reaction Score
Anything wrong with providing updates? You are not a college basketball fan?

You're all excited about big wins over Northwestern and Rutgers.

If you only had the same fervor for reporting AAC wins, I wouldn't have to look them up after the fact.

Reaction Score
Going 5-1 in 6 games against P5 competition is an incredible day for the Big East. I didn't think they would win more than 3.

One thing we are definitely learning is that ex-Duke assistants still can't coach. Collins is going nowhere fast at Northwestern, and Coach Courtslapper has the Marquette car in reverse with his foot on the gas.

St Joe's ain't P5.

Reaction Score

If you only had the same fervor for reporting AAC wins, I wouldn't have to look them up after the fact.

Any power-5 win is a big win no matter how terrible Rutgers/Northwestern are because it allows you to boost your RPI later in the year.

The Big East draws my attention more than the AAC does for geographic reasons and tradition. Besides Connecticut I honestly have very little interest in the AAC

Reaction Score
Any power-5 win is a big win no matter how terrible Rutgers/Northwestern are because it allows you to boost your RPI later in the year.

The Big East draws my attention more than the AAC does for geographic reasons and tradition. Besides Connecticut I honestly have very little interest in the AAC

???????????

I thought you were a UConn fan. Didn't realize you had a stake in some BE team's RPI, and in case you didn't realize this before, Northwestern's RPI the last couple of years was 165 and 127. No team is getting a boost by playing Northwestern. Just because you're a P5 team, that doesn't mean you have a good RPI. There are P5 teams in the 200s. This has actually always been a complaint about RPI. SOS doesn't carry as much weight.

Reaction Score

Reporting AAC wins would first require the existence of AAC wins.

In the meantime, I'm content to side with @ecasadoSBU in his support of the Big East.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom