Disrespecting Napheesa | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Disrespecting Napheesa

Status
Not open for further replies.

JS

Reaction Score
i'm ok with the criticism of people that disagree with my views .
That's good. Here's a little to be OK with -- speaking here as a fellow poster and fan, not as a mod.

1. Hitting Geno for being too harsh on players is your shtick. You've done it with Collier, Stewart, Jefferson and others, e.g. Boykin. Either you think he's too harsh in general, or you get off on these hits and hence are a serial hitter.

2. Your judgments have no basis in any knowledge of the individual psyches of the players. Ergo, you assume all athletic young women would perform or develop better if treated differently from how Geno treats them. One size fits all.

3. Your judgments have no basis in any knowledge of the interactions between players and staff
beyond the quote, or the absence from a picture, or whatever other facet of the tip of the iceberg has caught your attention.

4. Given this absence of facts, your judgments are irrefutable. You have it both ways, i.e.:

a) If the player's performance is disappointing, you can say "I told you so."

b) If the player develops, yea even unto greatness, you say it would have happened sooner if only Geno had followed Michael's Guide to Proper Player Relations.
5. Last and by no means least, you couch your judgments in language that tends, maybe even is calculated, to be overblown and hence annoying. You admit that "perhaps" it is, but aver that you do so to get attention.

6. Well, you've got it. Enjoy. But try not to move into even higher dudgeon when the "drama queen" epithet comes back at you.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Biff:

Your post above appears at first glance to be written in the form of scholarly analysis.
Perhaps not as a mod but nevertheless with the tone of the final authority.

I'll give you #5, I obviously annoy you (at least).

But much of the content of your other assertions have no basis in fact... 4a especially...I don't think I've ever gone there.

And doesn't the retelling of the Stewie story (above) constitute a peek into her individual psyche?

UConn wins, on to final-4, much of this board (and in most respects me) just want to exalt in it.
And I'm feeling that too, was at both games cheering like mad, as much a "fan" as anyone.
That doesn't require me to shut my ears and brain to silly talk.

#5 could apply just as well to Geno as me. He started the whole thing with his unnecessary comment, my head was modest in comparison.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can't believe we made it to three pages here, it's like the OP just turned on a Geno presser for the first time.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Not to prolong this absurdity just to see if I have msf22b major complaints stated correctly. Geno mishandled or mistreated Moriah, Stewie & Napheesa.
Is there anyone Geno has treated appropriate to your standards?

Reaction Score
Geno said both "Napheesa and Lou were really really good tonight". Seems like high praise to me, no disrepecting there.
Some people just don't know how the Coach's sense of humor works. A true fan can see the Coach thinks highly of Napheesa and she'll be an intricate cog in UConn's future. I think Napheesa will fill the roll Morgan now occupies and do an excellent job. The UConn coaching staff recruits a certain type of person they believe will fit their system, if Napheesa didn't fit she wouldn't be a Husky.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Agreed, msf, that Biff guy has crossed the line this time.

I can tell you where he lives.

See what happens when you get old and intellectually frail? :)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think one of Geno's strengths is finding just the right balance when motivating his players. He treats his players like basketball players. I think the critics here would like to see him treat them like girls.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I think one of Geno's strengths is finding just the right balance when motivating his players. He treats his players like basketball players. I think the critics here would like to see him treat them like girls.

Yup. All soft and sensitive and inclined to be over emotional. :rolleyes:

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
... you think disrespecting is too strong?
Perhaps. But I wanted to air this thing and get folk's attention....
upload_2016-3-30_12-3-53.png

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
CODA:

At the final-4 press conference Geno said:

And Napheesa Collier was really the difference in us being up by 5 or us being up by 15 in the first half against Texas. Of and these are freshmen and sophomores we're talking about.

Now, that wasn't so hard was it?

Reaction Score
Not to prolong this absurdity just to see if I have msf22b major complaints stated correctly. Geno mishandled or mistreated Moriah, Stewie & Napheesa.
Is there anyone Geno has treated appropriate to your standards?
Apparently Geno's main sin against Collier was being a day too late with his compliments.
After the Boykin 'catastrophe' and the Samuelson 'humiliation', it's a miracle this program is still standing, what with all the transgressions committed against just the freshman class alone.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That's good. Here's a little to be OK with -- speaking here as a fellow poster and fan, not as a mod.

1. Hitting Geno for being too harsh on players is your shtick. You've done it with Collier, Stewart, Jefferson and others, e.g. Boykin. Either you think he's too harsh in general, or you get off on these hits and hence are a serial hitter.

2. Your judgments have no basis in any knowledge of the individual psyches of the players. Ergo, you assume all athletic young women would perform or develop better if treated differently from how Geno treats them. One size fits all.

3. Your judgments have no basis in any knowledge of the interactions between players and staff
beyond the quote, or the absence from a picture, or whatever other facet of the tip of the iceberg has caught your attention.

4. Given this absence of facts, your judgments are irrefutable. You have it both ways, i.e.:

a) If the player's performance is disappointing, you can say "I told you so."

b) If the player develops, yea even unto greatness, you say it would have happened sooner if only Geno had followed Michael's Guide to Proper Player Relations.
5. Last and by no means least, you couch your judgments in language that tends, maybe even is calculated, to be overblown and hence annoying. You admit that "perhaps" it is, but aver that you do so to get attention.

6. Well, you've got it. Enjoy. But try not to move into even higher dudgeon when the "drama queen" epithet comes back at you.
Well, er, um, other that that he's been right on the money.:D

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
CODA:

At the final-4 press conference Geno said:

And Napheesa Collier was really the difference in us being up by 5 or us being up by 15 in the first half against Texas. Of and these are freshmen and sophomores we're talking about.

Now, that wasn't so hard was it?
So Geno finally said something about a player that meets your approval. So he should be good for what another 24 hours before you start bashing him again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom