Dispatch calling Calhoun | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dispatch calling Calhoun

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
When I first read the post I assumed he was reaching out to Jim Calhoun to come help add some defensive fire to the squad.
Laughed when I saw this post. I too thought this was a clarion call for some "JC fire". As I was watching both the Syracsuse and Gonzaga games I was imagining what kind of ballistics he would have gone into by the officiating and lackluster play he was witnessing. There were times when I thought he was over the top but it sure looked like we could have used some of that in this tourney. JC had a passion that could move people. KO is really so gifted and also a great motivator. It just seemed like it might have perhaps worked. In fairness, I do recall games when no matter how explosive JC got he couldn't seem to get the guys going and that would really drive him crazy. I guess it is just frustrating as a fan to watch the team perform below it's capability. No doubt KO's feelings of frustration exceed mine! I do believe he will turn things around this year because he has a lot more weapons and can make more demands when he is not getting what he wants from players.

Reaction Score
For those of you who don't know, Hoopdreams is a Christ the King die hard, and Omar went to CTK.

He also makes Chief look honest...

Reaction Score
I don't say things I don't mean. I'm evaluating it from a basketball standpoint. I will ask you. Is Omar Calhoun the best shooter on the team?

Then you know nothing but thanks for your input, as horrible as it is

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I hate this type of thread.
We all love and appreciate Omar for sticking with the program during a period of adversity.
But one person, either intentionally because he is a troll and wants this result or unintentionally because he is naive, leads to multiple posts that are negative.

If there's one thing the internet as proved, it's that there are a large number of people with an inflated sense of entitlement and self righteousness.

EDIT: and a lot of miserable wads too.

Reaction Score
Why is Kevin Ollie not utilizing his best deep threat? The UConn line up has absolutely no perimeter threat to keep the defense honest. Omar Calhoun is clearly their best outside shooter and needs to be in the game getting at least 10 to 15 shots a game minimal. Come on Ollie!

Omar is probably closer to getting his "green light" taken away than he is to getting more shots and playing time.

Reaction Score
See it doesn't matter what I or you "feel."

Omar is at 37% from 3 this year.

Purvis is at 42
Cassell Jr is at 40
Gibbs, not counting a fluke bad game yesterday, is at 37%, and shot 44% last year.

So, at best, Omar is tied for third best option. This "best by a mile" bullsh-t is causing the collective IQ of this forum to plummet.

Now go be stupid somewhere else.

I have an answer for your post. Purvis and Cassell Jr. have nearly put up quadruple the shots Omar gets. Omar hardly shoots the ball, as he's thinking team first. I feel bad because Omar, as he has always had to play with selfish guards who though shot before pass. Omar's greatest strength is shooting, yet it wasn't utilized. Jim Calhoun's retirement was the demise of Omar Calhoun. Ollie has not developed any talent for the NBA. What has Shabazz Napier been doing these days?

Reaction Score
Ollie has not developed any talent for the NBA. What has Shabazz Napier been doing these days?

Playing in the NBA?

I'm assuming you're related to the kid which explains why it seems so personal (and, frankly, completely absurd) but this thread and your posts on Calhoun generally are a pretty embarrassing look for you.

Also, if you're trying to explain away Omar's shooting percentage as a result of him shooting far fewer shots than those guys who are shooting the ball better, you're doing it wrong.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I have an answer for your post. Purvis and Cassell Jr. have nearly put up quadruple the shots Omar gets. Omar hardly shoots the ball, as he's thinking team first. I feel bad because Omar, as he has always had to play with selfish guards who though shot before pass. Omar's greatest strength is shooting, yet it wasn't utilized. Jim Calhoun's retirement was the demise of Omar Calhoun. Ollie has not developed any talent for the NBA. What has Shabazz Napier been doing these days?
I love Omar and would like to see him succeed too, but...............
59914239.jpg

Reaction Score

I didn't realize there was anyone out there who didn't cringe when Omar shot the ball.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
In the future, please refrain from posting on the 'yard immediately after ingesting, smoking, snorting or mainlining whatever psychedelic/hallucinogenic substances you use.
I believe the protocol is that you wait 20 minutes....

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Cashing checks, sitting by the pool, dating hotties, you know doing the things that millionaires do, oh yeah and he's playing in the NBA.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I have an answer for your post. Purvis and Cassell Jr. have nearly put up quadruple the shots Omar gets. Omar hardly shoots the ball, as he's thinking team first. I feel bad because Omar, as he has always had to play with selfish guards who though shot before pass.

Yes, Purvis and Gibbs don't care about the team, as the highest 3pt shooters on the team, they are being selfish and hurting the team passing up those shots. That's it.

Reaction Score
You just had to top yourself.

To everyone else: please understand this is not me talkig bad about Omar; just to show up this clown.

Team first? Plays with selfish shoot-first guards? You're talking about the guy who averages an assist every FIFTH game. Please check your idiotic bias.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
To everyone else: please understand this is not me talkig bad about Omar; just to show up this clown.

The numbers are what they are. Their is no harm in pointing them out.

Reaction Score
Omar has averaged less than 1 assist per game for his UConn career. His value is as a scorer, but unfortunately that ability has been gone for a couple of years.

Reaction Score
Omar is a great Husky, fought through numerous injuries, coaching changes and APR etc etc and he's still here. Have to love the kid for that but his overall game hasn't gotten better over the last 4 years and as a shooter he'd be known as streaky at best. Plays hard and I still think there's minutes in certain games for him. But what you say is just beyond whacked.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Kevin Ollie's job is to do right by UConn, not to make CTK alumni look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom