Dispatch calling Calhoun | The Boneyard

Dispatch calling Calhoun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why is Kevin Ollie not utilizing his best deep threat? The UConn line up has absolutely no perimeter threat to keep the defense honest. Omar Calhoun is clearly their best outside shooter and needs to be in the game getting at least 10 to 15 shots a game minimal. Come on Ollie!

Reaction Score
Go watch some basketball, and come back and see us.

Truthfully, who do you feel the best perimeter shooter is on UConn? It's Omar Calhoun by a mile. Kevin is not putting this team in the best position to win. UConn will struggle against top 25 teams, unless, they get some perimeter shooters in the line up. Omar can answer the bell!

Reaction Score
I can't tell whether you are trolling or you actually believe this.

I don't say things I don't mean. I'm evaluating it from a basketball standpoint. I will ask you. Is Omar Calhoun the best shooter on the team?

Reaction Score
He is a 33% shooter through 6 games. That is not going to earn him too many minutes.

Reaction Score
I don't say things I don't mean. I'm evaluating it from a basketball standpoint. I will ask you. Is Omar Calhoun the best shooter on the team?
Omar is an inconsistent shooter at best. Gibbs and Purvis are clearly better three point shooters. You can make a case that Hamilton, Adams and Cassell are as well.

Reaction Score
Wow. Just amazing. What numbers show that Omar is better since he was injured after freshman year?

Reaction Score
Truthfully, who do you feel the best perimeter shooter is on UConn? It's Omar Calhoun by a mile. Kevin is not putting this team in the best position to win. UConn will struggle against top 25 teams, unless, they get some perimeter shooters in the line up. Omar can answer the bell!
See it doesn't matter what I or you "feel."

Omar is at 37% from 3 this year.

Purvis is at 42
Cassell Jr is at 40
Gibbs, not counting a fluke bad game yesterday, is at 37%, and shot 44% last year.

So, at best, Omar is tied for third best option. This "best by a mile" bullsh-t is causing the collective IQ of this forum to plummet.

Now go be stupid somewhere else.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

How many does he give back with his God awful Defense

Reaction Score
Why is Kevin Ollie not utilizing his best deep threat? The UConn line up has absolutely no perimeter threat to keep the defense honest. Omar Calhoun is clearly their best outside shooter and needs to be in the game getting at least 10 to 15 shots a game minimal. Come on Ollie!
I think at this point, you are way too close to Omar to be objective about this at all.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

In the future, please refrain from posting on the 'yard immediately after ingesting, smoking, snorting or mainlining whatever psychedelic/hallucinogenic substances you use.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
What would be the maximum if 15 is the minimum? 25?

Reaction Score
Omar is a streaky shooter who is always streaky cold. He can't shoot and doesn't give much else to the team. He definitely doesn't have any handle. He can rebound well for his position and he gets beat on defense so many times. I'm sorry OC should never see the floor until we need the scrubs. His time has past. I love him for sticking in when we needed people to believe in the program but whatever talent he did have is gone after the injuries.

Reaction Score
If Omar Calhoun was Rashad Anderson, I'd say play him all day. If he was Niels Giffey, I'd say start him. Sadly, he is neither and nowhere in between.

If we're lucky, he can be Jamal Coombs-McDaniel and break out some heroics in the tourney to finish his career like the stud he was in high school.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I hate this type of thread.
We all love and appreciate Omar for sticking with the program during a period of adversity.
But one person, either intentionally because he is a troll and wants this result or unintentionally because he is naive, leads to multiple posts that are negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom