Disappointing | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Disappointing

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I just laugh at some of the posts on here. We're looking for excuses when we just lost to South Florida? We sound like a bunch of Providence fans...

Reaction Score
If he meant high school; why follow up with diaper dandies?

No need for PC fans to make excuses about getting pounded by SFU. We ran them out of the gym

Reaction Score

No need for PC fans to make excuses about getting pounded by SFU. We ran them out of the gym
How old were you when PC last won a tournament game? Were you born yet?

Reaction Score

Wow nice win douchey.......you're kidding me right? You seriously want to go there?..................doubt it with your NIT squad!!

Reaction Score
What a shock. Thin skinned UCONN fan resorts to name calling when confronted with facts. Shocker...

Reaction Score
I just laugh at some of the posts on here. We're looking for excuses when we just lost to South Florida? We sound like a bunch of Providence fans...
so with the roster UConn trotted out there last night you think they had more talent on the floor than USF? It's like you strive to make one tty post after another, I never fail to smh after reading one.

Reaction Score
What a shock. Thin skinned UCONN fan resorts to name calling when confronted with facts. Shocker...
Sean why won't you answer my question?

How old were you when PC last won a ncaa tournament game? Were you born yet?

Reaction Score
im 25 and i remember ryan gomes getting hype his last year, i think we played a double OT against prov around that time and then marshon brooks scored 50 against someone. other than that i cant remember a single moment or game providence was involved in whether it be regular season, BET or postseason. if i looked some stuff up i could probably recall a little more, but who the would want to google providence basketball

Reaction Score

images

Reaction Score
Tim Welsh was the PC coach for 10 years and won exactly one postseason game - a BET opening rounder vs Miami (I think). His only chance at some NCAA noise resulted a whimper: Gomes and Co. were punked by Pacific. Not sure if the Keno Era matched that or not.

The Friars did have a nice run in maybe 1997 when they reached the Elite Eight as a 10 or 11 seed. I was actually rooting for them - it was before the Internet came around when fan bases could annoy each other.

Reaction Score

You want a fact........UConn at full strength beat PC at full strength at your place.........that's fact sean and that's the card you've been playing for years here!!! I'm not thin skinned it's our board and you actually tell us how you beat South Florida and we didn't with quite the undermanned squad? C'mon don't act like a fool if you want to hang with a real board..........by the way didn't see you guys in the next to Last 4 in from Lunardi - long way to go for that real tourney bid......lol

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
You want disappointing? Try being a PC fan. Imagine enduring a series of coaches that are supposed to revitalize a desultory program only see it continue to slowly sink like some prehistoric sloth in a tar pit. THAT'S disappointing.

Reaction Score
You want disappointing? Try being a PC fan. Imagine enduring a series of coaches that are supposed to revitalize a desultory program only see it continue to slowly sink like some prehistoric sloth in a tar pit. THAT'S disappointing.

Be careful...

Reaction Score
You want a fact........UConn at full strength beat PC at full strength at your place.........that's fact sean and that's the card you've been playing for years here!!! I'm not thin skinned it's our board and you actually tell us how you beat South Florida and we didn't with quite the undermanned squad? C'mon don't act like a fool if you want to hang with a real board..........by the way didn't see you guys in the next to Last 4 in from Lunardi - long way to go for that real tourney bid......lol

Ease up, I responded to a poster crying about you guys whining about losing. All I've heard over here all week is "man up", "don't whine about injuries", "play with who you have"

Now that the shoes on the other foot, it's different. As far as hanging with a "real board", seriously? You are like a Star Wars nerd goofing on a Star Trek nerd bc his obsession is weird. All message boards are filled with tools. Embrace who WE are.

Reaction Score
But blue blood status isn't just about championships, it's about being in the hunt, being contenders, being relevant almost every year.
You're stating this as if its some universally accepted definition of what a blue blood is, when really it's just your own personal definition. Indiana didn't really accomplish much for the last 20 years, but they were always a blue blood to me during that time.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Ease up, I responded to a poster crying about you guys whining about losing. All I've heard over here all week is "man up", "don't whine about injuries", "play with who you have"

Now that the shoes on the other foot, it's different. As far as hanging with a "real board", seriously? You are like a Star Wars nerd goofing on a Star Trek nerd bc his obsession is weird. All message boards are filled with tools. Embrace who WE are.

OK, let's be real here. You are like a Star Trek nerd going to the Star Wars board to whine about how the Star Wars nerds aren't giving the Star Trek nerds enough respect...or something...

Reaction Score
OK, let's be real here. You are like a Star Trek nerd going to the Star Wars board to whine about how the Star Wars nerds aren't giving the Star Trek nerds enough respect...or something...

For the record, I don't think the SW nerds give the ST nerds enough respect. ST nerds are deff under appreciated

Reaction Score

Sean why won't you answer my question?

How old were you when PC last won a ncaa tournament game? Were you born yet?

My guess is you are too young to have even seen it happen. I feel bad for you, you are still going to have to wait a few years

Reaction Score
Please the Star Wars nerd play? But remember they can whine here if they want, you're a visitor that's my point. You need to remember that and take the pushback like WE should........I get it but look at the product UConn will be putting out on the floor at noon tomorrow and then let me knw when at any time this year you had a team like that out there.

By the way you better win this one pal..........or else forget about anything unless you win the BE tourney, that's the only way!

Reaction Score
Please the Star Wars nerd play? But remember they can whine here if they want, you're a visitor that's my point. You need to remember that and take the pushback like WE should........I get it but look at the product UConn will be putting out on the floor at noon tomorrow and then let me knw when at any time this year you had a team like that out there.

By the way you better win this one pal..........or else forget about anything unless you win the BE tourney, that's the only way!

Guest? I didn't realize that you were elected Pope of chili town
Check PCs ooc slate. Council; out for all but one game. Cotton missed significant time. Dunn; not available. PC played most games with 6 scholly players and had a walk on averaging 20+ minutes. Against penn State; PC started a freshman 2/3 at pg and a walk on at the 2 and still went to OT. That's a penn state team that still had all big 10 guard Tom Frazier.

Get over yourself. You guys said injuries are all apart of it. Now, here come the tears.

I can't wait for the conspiracy theories about how the NCAA has caused the injuries

Reaction Score
...and someone tried to tell me this guy isn't a troll the other day in my thread.

Reaction Score
Guest? I didn't realize that you were elected Pope of chili town
Check PCs ooc slate. Council; out for all but one game. Cotton missed significant time. Dunn; not available. PC played most games with 6 scholly players and had a walk on averaging 20+ minutes. Against penn State; PC started a freshman 2/3 at pg and a walk on at the 2 and still went to OT. That's a penn state team that still had all big 10 guard Tom Frazier.

Get over yourself. You guys said injuries are all apart of it. Now, here come the tears.

I can't wait for the conspiracy theories about how the NCAA has caused the injuries

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. You guys use your injuries as an excuse on your board constantly.

Of course we don't care about your injuries and we care about ours. You just described every fan base.

It's cool you took a 2-15 Penn St. team to overtime though I guess.

Reaction Score
...and someone tried to tell me this guy isn't a troll the other day in my thread.

I can't speak for everybody, but I never hated, or had much of an opinion at all about PC, until around 2010. And it was all due to friarso8 and pcfan1994 (or whatever his name is) trolling our board will predictions of world domination by PC. Their fans come here with the exact same act year after year, and if I was smart enough to not even bother with message boards, there would be no difference between PC and St. John's, Seton Hall, or anybody else in my mind.

But it turns out that now I despise PC - really for no reason other than how incredibly obnoxious the portion of their fanbase is that shows up on Uconn message boards year after year.

Reaction Score

I dont expect you to care about injuries to any team other than your own. My point is; I find it funny that 72 hrs ago, UCONN fans claimed that injuries shouldn't bother "good" teams. Now that the Huskies are banged up, you guys are crying about injuries. It's ironic.

As far as your crack about PSU, they lost an all conference player in the first part of the conference slate. UCONN fans should be able to relate to how mch losing your best player can alter things.

See you tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc