Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
I think it's fairly simple - there is no one that Diamond Stone will run into during the course of his day that will tell him, hey, go to UConn!

But his friends, teachers, etc., etc., will all throw in for the State U.

He plays only 20 minutes up the road from me. I plan to try to attend some of his games this year in my UConn gear so I'll make sure to be that person telling me hey, go to UConn :)

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
You need to be everywhere this fall.

We need a wardrobe and disguise budget.

A couple logoed polo shirts and a notebook should do right to make it obvious enough?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't know much about Wisconsin, but perhaps you can carry blocks of cheese around?

Different kinds of cheeses, so Stone doesn't catch on.

"Oh, there's the guy carrying Gouda who wants me to go to UConn."

"Look, that is the Camembert delivery man who wants me to go to UConn."

"That Jarlsburg guy really wants me to go to UConn."

"Boy, people who know their cheeses really want me to go to UConn, so perhaps I need to go there."

Reaction Score
Not gonna get my hopes up for this kid. On his official visit to Wisconsin they'll probably play that god forsaken "i'm coming home i'm coming home tell the world i'm coming home" BS and he'll instantly be sold.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Purposely staying out of Stone conversation. Give credit to family for keeping this a private process.

Steve on the other hand? Let's discuss..

; )

Nice....can you offer comparable good news for Newman, Clarke, Jones and/or Baptiste?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’m a Wisconsin fan (currently living in Connecticut), and obviously Stone would be a massive get for the Badgers, or anyone at all, really. Problem is, I see this process playing out in a very similar way to a lot of other recruiting battles Bo Ryan’s been involved with. The parents almost always love Bo. He’s very old school, he’s very direct and he doesn’t play games with recruiting. He’s usually VERY selective about who he goes after, and I think this year is a very good example of that.

Right now, Wisconsin has as many as six scholarships available for this class, including the one commit we already have. But for the remaining five spots, there are only six extended scholarships, and even though we’re in the final group for most of them, none of them appear to be locks. It seems a bit risky, but we Wisconsin fans have learned to trust Bo in pretty much every aspect of how he runs his program (plus we figure at least one or two of those will go to 2016 players). And we’re hopeful that this can be the breakthrough recruiting class we’ve never been able to get before. Each of the players Wisconsin has offered would be among the best we’ve gotten in some previous recruiting classes. Getting Stone would be pretty much unprecedented for us.

But as I was saying, getting the kind of lip service that we’re getting from Stone’s dad is pretty familiar to us. And the kid winds up at the blueblood program even as they sing the praises of Bo and Wisconsin. I would be delightfully surprised if this goes differently.

Nonetheless, we can all agree that Maryland and its slutty UA alignment doesn’t deserve him.

Reaction Score
Purposely staying out of Stone conversation. Give credit to family for keeping this a private process.

Steve on the other hand? Let's discuss..

; )

Nice of you to show up Zionn! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I’m a Wisconsin fan (currently living in Connecticut), and obviously Stone would be a massive get for the Badgers, or anyone at all, really. Problem is, I see this process playing out in a very similar way to a lot of other recruiting battles Bo Ryan’s been involved with. The parents almost always love Bo. He’s very old school, he’s very direct and he doesn’t play games with recruiting. He’s usually VERY selective about who he goes after, and I think this year is a very good example of that.

Right now, Wisconsin has as many as six scholarships available for this class, including the one commit we already have. But for the remaining five spots, there are only six extended scholarships, and even though we’re in the final group for most of them, none of them appear to be locks. It seems a bit risky, but we Wisconsin fans have learned to trust Bo in pretty much every aspect of how he runs his program (plus we figure at least one or two of those will go to 2016 players). And we’re hopeful that this can be the breakthrough recruiting class we’ve never been able to get before. Each of the players Wisconsin has offered would be among the best we’ve gotten in some previous recruiting classes. Getting Stone would be pretty much unprecedented for us.

But as I was saying, getting the kind of lip service that we’re getting from Stone’s dad is pretty familiar to us. And the kid winds up at the blueblood program even as they sing the praises of Bo and Wisconsin. I would be delightfully surprised if this goes differently.

Nonetheless, we can all agree that Maryland and its slutty UA alignment doesn’t deserve him.

Wisconsin and Ryan are universally respected and hard to dislike. Would hate to lose Stone but I bet he would do exceptionally well at UW. It seems like a lot of message board chatter is linking Stone with UCONN but 99 has been saying the opposite for a while and I am pretty sure he is Adam Zagoria so who knows.

Reaction Score
The chatter is he is leaning toward Wisconsin, but it is all gossip. father has strong connections. Hope I am hearing old info or wrong info:)

Wisconsin and Ryan are universally respected and hard to dislike. Would hate to lose Stone but I bet he would do exceptionally well at UW. It seems like a lot of message board chatter is linking Stone with UCONN but 99 has been saying the opposite for a while and I am pretty sure he is Adam Zagoria so who knows.

I talk to zag from time to time...

Reaction Score
The chatter is he is leaning toward Wisconsin, but it is all gossip. father has strong connections. Hope I am hearing old info or wrong info:)

I talk to zag from time to time...
I have heard the same things- but the people telling me have been wrong more then they have been right. Kinda like all of us on this board.

Reaction Score
“@OntheRadarHoops: UCONN head coach Kevin Ollie is in to watch 2015 post Diamond Stone http://post original url/Rah51YTmoe @YoungLegendsMIL”

The link does not reference uconn.
was it today or tomorrow

Reaction Score
KO into to see stone. Top priority. The link doesn't work but ontheradarhoops tweeted it like >15 minutes ago.

Reaction Score
watch out for Maryland, they're moving up his list. Probably because he played for under armors grassroots league and Maryland is to underarmor like Oregon is to nike

Reaction Score
watch out for Maryland, they're moving up his list. Probably because he played for under armors grassroots league and Maryland is to underarmor like Oregon is to nike

I'm pretty sure that I read what you read. Maryland is not going to be a factor.

caw

Reaction Score

Pretty sure Kemba is UA. I think they might realize UConn doesn't steer guys as much as some other schools (may also be why UConn doesn't get the UK/Duke treatment from Nike, Oregon is a special case of course).

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
Pretty sure Kemba is UA. I think they might realize UConn doesn't steer guys as much as some other schools (may also be why UConn doesn't get the UK/Duke treatment from Nike, Oregon is a special case of course).
Kemba was UA after he left, this UA talk with stone has to do with a team he played for in HS being sponsored by UA...sponsors steering HS players to colleges of that same sponsorship is as old as time in college bball...please reference the Antonio Blankeney thread when he chose Adidas and Louisville despite his strong Nike backing

Either way Stone's ties to UA are not strong and Maryland will not be a player for him...I really can only see Stone choosing us or Wisconsin at this point, although crazier things have happened...just not Maryland and OSU crazy lol

Reaction Score
for true UCONN hoop fans with over 50 years first hand experience:

where did
tom roy go to clg?
gminski?
soup Campbell?
aleksinas out of highschool?
chance for a diamond-nil

can you say UCONN guard U & do do guard u too dude

Reaction Score
Charles smith?
pinone?