Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Not gonna get my hopes up for this kid. On his official visit to Wisconsin they'll probably play that god forsaken "i'm coming home i'm coming home tell the world i'm coming home" BS and he'll instantly be sold.

Does he like that song?

We should play, "Damn it feels good to be a gangsta...."

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Kemba was UA after he left, this UA talk with stone has to do with a team he played for in HS being sponsored by UA...sponsors steering HS players to colleges of that same sponsorship is as old as time in college bball...please reference the Antonio Blankeney thread when he chose Adidas and Louisville despite his strong Nike backing

Well, you can't technically be anything while you are still in school. I think his point was about school affiliation influencing a kid post college.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He plays only 20 minutes up the road from me. I plan to try to attend some of his games this year in my UConn gear so I'll make sure to be that person telling me hey, go to UConn :)

Could you hire a couple of hot models to wear UConn stuff when you go, and hire two of the ugliest girls you can find to watch the practices in Wisconsin garb? I've got nothing against Wisconsin, but if it down to two...

Reaction Score
Now this has been mentioned before by others, but is there any way we can keep these recruiting threads to...well...about the recruit in the subject? Like many, I open the thread hoping to find some new news about the recruit and it's often about everything but.

Maybe most are okay that these seem to weave way off topic. I know it's impossible to control this, but collectively can we try to keep it about the recruit? If you have something interesting that would derail the thread, post it as a new topic.

And for those who checked this thread out after this reply expecting some new news, I apologize!

Hey, maybe I can direct this back to Stone. He's a h*ll of a player. What do you think? :rolleyes: Yeah, like that's going to get this train wreck back on the rails.

One suggestion is if someone has some new news on Stone, to start a new thread and hope this one works it's way off the top page and out of sight forever.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Well, you can't technically be anything while you are still in school. I think his point was about school affiliation influencing a kid post college.
Well that point is fine but the point being made now is that Stone may have some UA affiliation, thus the Maryland inclusion, a kid can be influenced by sponsorship in high school...that same college sponsorship influence doesn't always translate if a player is lucky enough to gain real sponsor affiliation at the NBA level...at that point money speaks louder

Reaction Score
chapwilvaug72 said:
Charles smith? pinone? john garris? pressley? foster? Michael adams? super fly? calvin? bagley? sly? bob nash? wes Mathews & jr.? luckett?
Bob Nash went to Hartford High then to Hawaii (ranked #4 that year).

Reaction Score
Alex Illikainen just committed to Wisconsin for 2015. He's a 4 star recruit PF. Does this help our chances for Stone?

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Alex Illikainen just committed to Wisconsin for 2015. He's a 4 star recruit PF. Does this help our chances for Stone?

No, it shouldn't. Illikainen is a PF just like Enoch is so Stone can definitely play with him if he does go to Wisconsin.

Reaction Score
No, it shouldn't. Illikainen is a PF just like Enoch is so Stone can definitely play with him if he does go to Wisconsin.

I think they are friendly also

Reaction Score
Some people are saying that if sharma comits too then that should help us but i don't think so, diamond knows that he would still get more minutes than both of them

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Some people are saying that if sharma comits too then that should help us but i don't think so, diamond knows that he would still get more minutes than both of them

I'm not sure about Sharma to Wisconsin. Things seemingly have fizzled out there, at least for the meantime. But yeah, Stone doesn't to worry about competition from Enoch, Sharma, Illikainen or anyone else.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Honestly, I don't think anyone's commitment is going to affect Stone. The kid plays 30m a game no matter where he goes. Sign him up.

Reaction Score
http://scouthoops.scout.com/story/1...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Stone was busy with in-home visits last week. Connecticut, Maryland, Oklahoma State and Wisconsin went in-home with the five-star recruit. UConn head coach Kevin Ollie was the last of the four schools to conduct an in-home, as he went in on Friday.

“Kevin is a great talker,” Stone said. “I just listen to him talk. He was just telling stories. He's excited to get me to campus. Thy just talked about when they would have me and how I would fit in their system.”

Which coaches has Stone developed the best relationships with?

“I have the best relationship with Bo Ryan and Ollie,” Stone said. “Bo Ryan has been recruiting me since before my freshman year and before I even played high school ball. Then all the other schools came along.”

Reaction Score
http://scouthoops.scout.com/story/1...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Stone was busy with in-home visits last week. Connecticut, Maryland, Oklahoma State and Wisconsin went in-home with the five-star recruit. UConn head coach Kevin Ollie was the last of the four schools to conduct an in-home, as he went in on Friday.

“Kevin is a great talker,” Stone said. “I just listen to him talk. He was just telling stories. He's excited to get me to campus. Thy just talked about when they would have me and how I would fit in their system.”

Which coaches has Stone developed the best relationships with?

“I have the best relationship with Bo Ryan and Ollie,” Stone said. “Bo Ryan has been recruiting me since before my freshman year and before I even played high school ball. Then all the other schools came along.”
I think this pretty much confirms this is a two horse race despite the rumors of Maryland making up ground.

Reaction Score
Obviously Bo did a great job in his efforts to keep a young Stone interested pre-HS. It would seem we have a solid chance but still need to make up for all those years they have bonded. It won't be easy!

"...a great stalker" Hmmmmm pretty interesting remark.

Reaction Score
Obviously Bo did a great job in his efforts to keep a young Stone interested pre-HS. It would seem we have a solid chance but still need to make up for all those years they have bonded. It won't be easy!

"...a great stalker" Hmmmmm pretty interesting remark.

Ummmm, it say talker, right?

Reaction Score
I could be wrong but when guys don't dunk all over the place and jump out of the gym (play below the rim) the thought is sometime they will never get up to speed. This kid is a real big man and I would expect him to walk on to any team and make an immediate impact.
I just watched one of his mixtapes again. Of course he is playing against stiffs but you don't see guys that big a guy being comfortable using both hands to shoot and with touch around the rim. If we get him, KO's conditioning program will make him unstoppable. Bo Ryan is a good guy with home and conference advantages so I hold my breath.

Reaction Score
Stone has been on campus before right ? For an unofficial ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom