Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | Page 68 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Stay out of these threads - your lil foot-stamping tantrums are annoying.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Stay out of these threads - your lil foot-stamping tantrums are annoying.
So is it okay if I stick to your approved script that our staff is among the best in the country in blowing huge recruiting leads and simply cannot get kids to say yes?

Reaction Score
If Diamond Stone didn't come to UConn because of the content of this message board, then he's as deranged as you guys are.

pj

Reaction Score
If he came here, it might be another championship season.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Can we add an ace recruiter to the staff or would a position have to open up?

Point being, the way Ollie peaches family, I would imagine it would be difficult for him to get rid of one of our former Husky assistants.

We really, really needed another player to make up for the Lubin, Cassell class and it looks like we're going to be denied.

I'm definitely concerned going forward with our staff's recruiting acumen and obviously the conference.

Everyone can point to Adams but wasn't it well documented he was a UConn fan growing up?

Just seems inconceivable coming off 2 titles in 4 years at a prestigious basketball school, that we keep losing kids to programs that can't even hold our jock strap.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I agree, if sneakers weren't such a big influence. The University of Md is in a terrible location. The wrong county in Md. The surrounding area is desolate.
You mean Washington D.C? Lol you are dumb man. It's literally in the DC metro system.

Reaction Score
Hey let's be honest here. You can't come off of a NC and have kids interested, still knowing the recruiters from the other teams, are saying yeah but look at that conference it blows, and have a year like this.

Once we looked like a pretty crappy team they then had huge legs to stand on . Sorry I also wanted to win some other recruiting wars but Fishy and others are right, we don't have solid closers and it's unfair for us to expect KO to do it all.

Reaction Score
I can't imagine that this tire fire of a season has helped. If I were Stone, I wouldn't want to join this mess.

So you'd go to Maryland and join that mess. Have you checked out their recent history? How many top recruits transferred out of that school recently?

Reaction Score
Can we add an ace recruiter to the staff or would a position have to open up?

Point being, the way Ollie peaches family, I would imagine it would be difficult for him to get rid of one of our former Husky assistants.

We really, really needed another player to make up for the Lubin, Cassell class and it looks like we're going to be denied.

I'm definitely concerned going forward with our staff's recruiting acumen and obviously the conference.

Everyone can point to Adams but wasn't it well documented he was a UConn fan growing up?

Just seems inconceivable coming off 2 titles in 4 years at a prestigious basketball school, that we keep losing kids to programs that can't even hold our jock strap.

So were a lot of other players. Abu and Ali were too.

Reaction Score
You mean Washington D.C? Lol you are dumb man. It's literally in the DC metro system.

Wow it's in Prince Georges County. Stupid. I live in Montgomery County as@ wipe. You might want to goggle map the immediate area around the school and check out the crime rate. Also have you ever been to South East DC. More hood then Willimantic fool. Go back to your moms basement w@cking off...fool

Last edited:

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Hey let's be honest here. You can't come off of a NC and have kids interested, still knowing the recruiters from the other teams, are saying yeah but look at that conference it blows, and have a year like this.

Once we looked like a pretty crappy team they then had huge legs to stand on . Sorry I also wanted to win some other recruiting wars but Fishy and others are right, we don't have solid closers and it's unfair for us to expect KO to do it all.

No doubt a more connected and experienced recruiter/closer wouldn't hurt, but far and away, our most daunting recruiting challenge is conference affiliation -- actually lack thereof.

Reaction Score
So you'd go to Maryland and join that mess. Have you checked out their recent history? How many top recruits transferred out of that school recently?

Stone is only playing one year of college he ain't transferring

Reaction Score
Stone is only playing one year of college he ain't transferring

Never said he would. I'm talking about schools that are much more of a mess recently.

UConn went from a national championship to losing 8 games.

That's a helluva lot more stable than losing 4 or 5 top 75 guys and then being ranked #15 the next year.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Wow it's in Prince Georges County. Stupid. I live in Montgomery County as@ wipe. You might want to goggle map the immediate area around the school and check out the crime rate. Also have you ever been to South East DC. More hood then Willimantic fool. Go back to your moms basement w@cking off...fool

Chill out man I live in Tenleytown. Southeast DC is a crap but the rest of the city is not. It's become much safer/nicer. College Park is close to nasty New Carollton but is also close to very nice Silver Spring. And its on the metro rail so it has easy access to the U St. corridor/Columbia Heights which has become a really nice/cultural area. You dissed the wrong person when it comes to the DC area man. You also need the chill out.

Reaction Score
upstater said:

By mess you mean that 18-3 team that's ranked 15th in the country and plays in the ACC? A lot of people around that program think most of those losses were addition by subtraction.

This is where Superjohn calls me deranged for disagreeing with him. It amazes me that some of you actually think that recruits would be excited to join a team getting bent over by the likes of Tulsa, Temple and Cincinnati while playing - for the foreseeable future - in the damn AAC.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Chill out man I live in Tenleytown. Southeast DC is a crap but the rest of the city is not. It's become much safer/nicer. College Park is close to nasty New Carollton but is also close to very nice Silver Spring. And its on the metro rail so it has easy access to the U St. corridor/Columbia Heights which has become a really nice/cultural area. You dissed the wrong person when it comes to the DC area man. You also need the chill out.
Yeah I live in Hyatesville which is one metro stop away from UMDs campus and it is a very nice area. Like Yankee said outside of SE DC has become really nice. Many colleges in the area like Georgetown, George Washington, American, Howard, etc. All metro 40 min metro rides away at the most.

Reaction Score
By mess you mean that 18-3 team that's ranked 15th in the country and plays in the ACC? A lot of people around that program think most of those losses were addition by subtraction.

This is where Superjohn calls me deranged for disagreeing with him. It amazes me that some of you actually think that recruits would be excited to join a team getting bent over by the likes of Tulsa, Temple and Cincinnati while playing - for the foreseeable future - in the damn AAC.
Maryland is in the Big 10 now.

caw

Reaction Score

They have been a surprise this year for sure. Last year they were pretty bad and had a bucket of players transfer out. May have been addition by subtraction.

As for recruits, some recruits are excited about joining this program, some aren't. Even though this is a bad season so far, I think people have to chill a bit on things. UConn lost a lot from last year and let's be honest it's been a cycle at UConn of high high and low lows for a long while now.

Reaction Score
Chill out man I live in Tenleytown. Southeast DC is a crap but the rest of the city is not. It's become much safer/nicer. College Park is close to nasty New Carollton but is also close to very nice Silver Spring. And its on the metro rail so it has easy access to the U St. corridor/Columbia Heights which has become a really nice/cultural area. You dissed the wrong person when it comes to the DC area man. You also need the chill out.[/QUOTE

Chil out maybe but Dumb started it. And it's also very close to the PG Plaza, Hayesville nothing nice about that area. And that metro line isn't what I would be riding at night. I guess we will disagree here.

However read your first post. The insult started there. O have accounts in that area so I'm very aware of where the school is been to many games. Booed the hell at of Edsall a few years ago in a great win. I prefer Montgomery county. To me there is no comparison.

Reaction Score

Wow, a very short term memory. Forgive us for thinking the National championship 9 months ago means anything. Let's celebrate the now, like a Syracuse t-shirt printed up in January.

It's not just that they lost a couple transfers. But many. And sure, addition by subtraction, but holy cow they lost a bunch of top flight players. In the first 2 years of their career. While Seth Allen and Mitchell were not top recruits, they played like it. Cleare, Faust and Peters were top 100s, and though Faust and Peters didn't perform like it (they performed like inconsistent freshman) they had oodles of athletic ability. The biggest loss is Cleare. When you grab a top 30 big and you beat out schools like Arizona for him, you'd to let him develop under you even if he starts slow. Cleare definitely started slow, and Mitchell took his minutes, but then Mitchell left too.

Reaction Score

I've never called you deranged but I will continue to call you clueless about sports. Not going to rip on you anymore than I need to, Maryland ACC champs 2015!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom