Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | Page 53 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What does this mean, then? "I was kind of down with all the bigs except for Facey and his rebounding."

I didn't mean to infer that you weren't impressed by our bigs in general, just in that specific game.

On Stone: it's pretty frustrating that the decision date keeps getting pushed off. I don't blame the kid for it, but it makes me feel like an idiot for following as closely as I have been.

I wanted to see low post development. It's early in the season, I wanted to see a new wrinkle.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Why aren't people freaking out that UW beat writer Evan Flood has switch his crystal ball pick back to Wisconsin which used to be UConn which was originally Wisconsin???...

Classic Crystal Ballin

Reaction Score
I was thinking the exact same thing watching Gonzaga last night. That Sabonis kid is a beast.

Yes....I'm till waiting for our first true, Lithuanian so I an break out my yellow/green and red tie dyed Lith hoops t- shirt. The Sabonis kid is averaging 14 ppg/8 boards in 20 minutes/game. He's got good genes.

Reaction Score
Why aren't people freaking out that UW beat writer Evan Flood has switch his crystal ball pick back to Wisconsin which used to be UConn which was originally Wisconsin???...

Classic Crystal Ballin

He was on the fence since the beginning.

Reaction Score
Why aren't people freaking out that UW beat writer Evan Flood has switch his crystal ball pick back to Wisconsin which used to be UConn which was Classic Crystal Ballin

Because we didn't give his UCONN pick any thought either.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I think the later it goes the better chance we have. The later he decides, the less he has to worry about letting people down if he doesn't stay home.

Reaction Score
Yes....I'm till waiting for our first true, Lithuanian so I an break out my yellow/green and red tie dyed Lith hoops t- shirt. The Sabonis kid is averaging 14 ppg/8 boards in 20 minutes/game. He's got good genes.

Man his dad was good and by the looks of things this kid can be very very good too. What a nice player with some natural instincts a lot of big kids don't have. That team is really solid, really really solid actually!

Reaction Score
Man his dad was good and by the looks of things this kid can be very very good too. What a nice player with some natural instincts a lot of big kids don't have. That team is really solid, really really solid actually!

He is a very very very tough kid with a high ceiling. Made 5-7 free throws also while Karnowski has bricked every free throw in the first 2 games and every exhibition. It will be interesting to see how/if Few reduces the minutes of Karnowski as the season progresses. It is hard to trust Few to pull the right strings as evidenced by his dismal tournament coaching.

I agree though that team is deep, experienced and very dangerous. Perkins looks good also.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I think the later it goes the better chance we have. The later he decides, the less he has to worry about letting people down if he doesn't stay home.
I disagree. I think it either makes no difference or it's better for Wisconsin. If a kid hasn't made up his mind late in the game, wouldn't the easier decision be to stay home, especially for a one and done?

Reaction Score
I disagree. I think it either makes no difference or it's better for Wisconsin. If a kid hasn't made up his mind late in the game, wouldn't the easier decision be to stay home, especially for a one and done?

Not when there are other variables in play. Like who your coach is going to be.

Reaction Score
Not when there are other variables in play. Like who your coach is going to be.
Our coach is KO. Next year our coach is KO. The year after it's KO, and after that KO.

Reaction Score
Our coach is KO. Next year our coach is KO. The year after it's KO, and after that KO.
but what about the year after that?

Is there a chance Stone reconsiders Duke? Obviously JO is gone after the season.

Reaction Score
Is there a chance Stone reconsiders Duke? Obviously JO is gone after the season.[/QUOTE]

Chase Jeter, one of the top centers in 2015 is committed to Duke. So they already have Okafor's replacement.

Reaction Score
I don't know about that. I have no idea where in WI he lives, but unless he's close by and visiting the campus often, I'd say neither program gains an advantage. Both staffs are under the same recruiting contact rules. I'm sure both are taking as much advantage to what is allowed. At this point who knows what will tilt the scales in one direction or the other. My guess is he's under a great deal of pressure to stay home while probably feeling a strong pull to play for KO. That's my wild guess. I've pretty much limited my checking the status on his recruitment to daily at best. After years of following recruiting closely, I've become so much less obsessive about it. If he commits here, I'll be dancing. If he does, life goes on. I'll continue to enjoy the 2014-15 team and look forward to the next recruit who commits to UConn whoever he might be.

Reaction Score
I don't know about that. I have no idea where in WI he lives, but unless he's close by and visiting the campus often, I'd say neither program gains an advantage.

From 247: Diamond has visited Madison upwards of ten times. His cousin Ryan Evans played basketball there recently & his other cousin is currently on the football team in Madison. Also an hours drive from home.

Reaction Score
From 247: Diamond has visited Madison upwards of ten times. His cousin Ryan Evans played basketball there recently & his other cousin is currently on the football team in Madison. Also an hours drive from home.

Girlfriend is heading there also I read or is already a freshman.

I think this is slipping through our fingers.
More a hunch from talking to a few people. I could as usual be way off

Reaction Score
Those are all factors, but speaking from personal experience, not that i am a college athlete, but a lot of kids wanna leave home for college to gain some independence, but obviously being close to home has advantages as well.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The longer it goes, the better for the home team.

I agree with 99.

Reaction Score
The longer it goes, the better for the home team.

I agree with 99.

We need him to announce soon but it looks like it is not happen ing any time soon

Reaction Score
If Wisconsin and staying home is such a no brainer, why hasn't he said so yet? There is no reason for him to drag this out if staying home is what he wants.

Reaction Score
If Wisconsin and staying home is such a no brainer, why hasn't he said so yet? There is no reason for him to drag this out if staying home is what he wants.

I agree . No one said it was over. Just many factors that is pulling this kids in many directions

Reaction Score
I agree . No one said it was over. Just many factors that is pulling this kids in many directions
I hear ya. Ultimately, it will come down to how bad he wants to play for KO. Wisconsin offers him just about everything. Except for KO. To a kid like Stone, that just may be the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom