Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | Page 42 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
[QUOTDter, post: 1120238, member: 153"]Emeka Okafor, Andre Drummond, Hilton Armstrong, Jake Voskuhl, Travis Knight, Hasheem Thabeet, Josh Boone.

Which of these guys were busts? 4 of these guys were lottery picks. 6 of them were first rounders. The one who didn't get picked in the first round made a lot of money in the NBA, and was the first pick of the second round.

Explain to me your theory of UConn's busts, because given where these players were ranked (not a single one of them in the top 50 other than Andre Drummond) UConn has shown its ability to HELP big men develop their game for the NBA.[/QUOTE]
Well drummond was a bust in college we expected more out of him and far as Hilton Armstrong and no one they was ok not dominate big man at times they played really well but hasheem was became a good college player and yes he's a bust for the nba. The guys you named was just solid except for Emeka and Travis Knight

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Well drummond was a bust in college we expected more out of him and far as Hilton Armstrong and no one they was ok not dominate big man at times they played really well but hasheem was became a good college player and yes he's a bust for the nba. The guys you named was just solid except for Emeka and Travis Knight
Shoot me. Please.

Reaction Score

This isn't even a good attempt at trolling.

Reaction Score
What if Stone commits to UConn and is a bust like most of the big men we had knowing its a guard type of school. Me and my father was talking and said someone told him Enoch got destroyed by a guy 6'6 kid in New Jersey. I haven't seen him play but I went to a Norwalk high game last year and was on JV. Kinda worries me even tho I heard he got a lot better. What do you guys think of pur big men since Okafor
I just hate these recruiting threads. So, so much.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Can someone please tweet to Mr. Stone that Brimah and Nolan combined for 4 points today?
Um, maybe not.

Reaction Score
Most of the big men we've gotten have not been "busts." Even if they had been, what does that have to do with Stone?

While I'm sure your father's source is very knowledgeable, I try not to put too much into fourth-hand accounts of one game.
You right and thats what we argured about one game don't define enoch game but my point with stone is we all our so high on him and want him to come to UConn so what if he come and play like our bigs now nolen even amida gotten better he's still not that great of a scorer in the post. Most them guys who commented really didn't understand I mean by a threat in the lost and we haven't had one since Emeka. Boone a Lil bit bit he missed a lot of chippies

Reaction Score
You right and thats what we argured about one game don't define enoch game but my point with stone is we all our so high on him and want him to come to UConn so what if he come and play like our bigs now nolen even amida gotten better he's still not that great of a scorer in the post. Most them guys who commented really didn't understand I mean by a threat in the lost and we haven't had one since Emeka. Boone a Lil bit bit he missed a lot of chippies

They understand what you mean. You're just wrong. Thabeet, Boone, Villanueva, Drummond, etc. were all good post players.

Reaction Score
I think they've been good enough to win two championships. They've been good enough to be NBA lottery picks.

Pray tell, name one highly regarded big man who has come to UConn and been a bust. There haven't been any. But lots of poorly regarded unrecruited bigs who made pro careers.
Emeka Okafor, Andre Drummond, Hilton Armstrong, Jake Voskuhl, Travis Knight, Hasheem Thabeet, Josh Boone.

Which of these guys were busts? 4 of these guys were lottery picks. 6 of them were first rounders. The one who didn't get picked in the first round made a lot of money in the NBA, and was the first pick of the second round.

Explain to me your theory of UConn's busts, because given where these players were ranked (not a single one of them in the top 50 other than Andre Drummond) UConn has shown its ability to HELP big men develop their game for the NBA.
and besides Drummond where are they now??????can't stick around in the NBA Okafor is hurt bit tell me and don't say overseas Cuz majority of college kids don't make pro goes over the water

Reaction Score
[QUOTDter, post: 1120238, member: 153"]Emeka Okafor, Andre Drummond, Hilton Armstrong, Jake Voskuhl, Travis Knight, Hasheem Thabeet, Josh Boone.

Explain to me your theory of UConn's busts, because given where these players were ranked (not a single one of them in the top 50 other than Andre Drummond) UConn has shown its ability to HELP big men develop their game for the NBA.
Well drummond was a bust in college we expected more out of him and far as Hilton Armstrong and no one they was ok not dominate big man at times they played really well but hasheem was became a good college player and yes he's a bust for the nba. The guys you named was just solid except for Emeka and Travis Knight[/QUOTE]

Wow. Hilton Armstrong was a recruit no one had ever heard of out of Peekskill, NY. Not even top 100. He was a lotery pick. What in the world do you expect?

Drummond was a bust? Huh?

As for Thabeet, he developed at UConn and became the entire nation's (yes, the USA) top defensive player of the year. He had such a good college career (he was not a top recruit) that he was taken second in the draft. That's a huge success for UConn. Now, the fact that Memphis poured resources into him that he didn't deserve is Memphis's problem. Not UConn's. UConn turned the kid into the defensive player of the year.

Josh Boone was not a top 100 recruit either. 1st round draft pick though. Jake Voskul wasn't a top 100. He was supposedly a throw-in for Leblanc. Picked 33rd and long NBA career.

Are you for real?

Reaction Score
and besides Drummond where are they now??????can't stick around in the NBA Okafor is hurt bit tell me and don't say overseas Cuz majority of college kids don't make pro goes over the water

Voskuhl had a very long career. Heck, Cliff Robinson played even longer than everybody. Knight made a lot of money, but he was here 15 years ago. Not many 40 year old players in the NBA. Armstrong and Thabeet have been on and off rosters, they are not overseas. Okafor is hurt and Drummond is playing. As for Josh Boone, he's the ONLY one that is now playing overseas after 5 years with the NY Nets.

Reaction Score
[QUthey "CallMeBruce, post: 1120280, member: 4984"]They understand what you mean. You're just wrong. Thabeet, Boone, Villanueva, Drummond, etc. were all good post players.[/QUOTE]
No they wasn't they mostly got points on put backs fastbreaks and open dunks on Penetration. I didn't say villanueva Cuz he had a inside outside game. Y'all need get ya basketball up. Most our bigs made pro Cuz they was big and can run the floor

Curiouser
Reaction Score
IMO, Travis, Jake and Hilton likely would not have sniffed the NBA if they hadn't gone to UConn. Andre, Hasheem and Emeka were headed there irrespective, but Hasheem's and Emeka's draft positions were definitely helped. Andre was here for a tough season; we would have seen something very special from him here, but for the sanctions the following season, which made him jump. The only one I'm not sure about is Josh. He certainly wasn't a bust, but I did think he would develop better.

Reaction Score
"TheyCallMeBruce, post: 1120280, member: 4984"]They understand what you mean. You're just wrong. Thabeet, Boone, Villanueva, Drummond, etc. were all good post players.
No they wasn't they mostly got points on put backs fastbreaks and open dunks on Penetration. I didn't say villanueva Cuz he had a inside outside game. Y'all need get ya basketball up. Most our bigs made pro Cuz they was big and can run the floor

Y'all need to get your coherence up. You're definitely wrong on most of this.

Reaction Score
I've been debating posting something like this for 10 minutes. But I thought the reverse. Chap's his kid.

Was going to post something similar... I'd actually prefer to read Chap's posts because at least his total incoherence is intentional. This other dude's posts just make me sad for the English language.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Was going to post something similar... I'd actually prefer to read Chap's posts because at least his total incoherence is intentional. This other dude's posts just make me sad for the English language.
The guy who wrote the following would probably be saddened by our presentation of the language.

Here bygynneth the Book
of the tales of Caunterbury

1: Whan that aprill with his shoures soote
2: The droghte of march hath perced to the roote,
3: And bathed every veyne in swich licour
4: Of which vertu engendred is the flour;
5: Whan zephirus eek with his sweete breeth
6: Inspired hath in every holt and heeth
7: Tendre croppes, and the yonge sonne
8: Hath in the ram his halve cours yronne,
9: And smale foweles maken melodye,
10: That slepen al the nyght with open ye
11: (so priketh hem nature in hir corages);

Reaction Score
How old are you HuskiesU?
See thats some of y'all problem on here age doest have anything to do with kknowledge of basketball I was a standout at my high school and college days not to mentioned coach of the year twice out of 4 years but that was youth leauges lol. But my point to y'all is those wasn't dominant post players who can score with consinsty. Like I said Okafor Travis Knight and sometimes boone was the only I can remember the last 20 years

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
The guy who wrote the following would probably be saddened by our presentation of the language.

Here bygynneth the Book
of the tales of Caunterbury

1: Whan that aprill with his shoures soote
2: The droghte of march hath perced to the roote,
3: And bathed every veyne in swich licour
4: Of which vertu engendred is the flour;
5: Whan zephirus eek with his sweete breeth
6: Inspired hath in every holt and heeth
7: Tendre croppes, and the yonge sonne
8: Hath in the ram his halve cours yronne,
9: And smale foweles maken melodye,
10: That slepen al the nyght with open ye
11: (so priketh hem nature in hir corages);
Actually upon reading this I'm not entirely sure Chap ain't Chaucer reincarnated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom