Dez on first practice | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dez on first practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Before you relegate Nebrich to a redshirt, re-read this from Des. Also keep in mind that if PP wants the wildcat to be a permanant part of the offense, it makes sense to have two wildcat QB's ready for any game. Obviously the running aspect opens a QB to more hits and harder hits.

That’s going to lead us to the young man, sophomore quarterback Michael Nebrich. To me, he is nothing like the thrower he was even in the spring – and I thought he made a significant jump then but now this kid is really slinging the ball.
He threw the best pass of the day, to me, when his bomb died down perfectly between safety Andrew Adams and cornerback Dwayne Gratz and into the hands of Nick Williams (kid looks great, too) and the pass led him out of bounds.
You don’t see many delivered and caught like that. It was perfect spiral, too.
“I’ll tell you what he threw some deep balls pretty good today, completed a couple right in a row there, great to see,” Pasqualoni said. “He’s getting better. He’s getting better from a drop-back pass standpoint and [quarterbacks coach Shane Day] has said that all summer and all spring that he’s just got to keep getting better a little bit at a time. I think he’s focusing on it and is trying real hard and was pretty evident today that the timing of what he did, the read and the placement of the ball was really pretty good.”
Mmmm..

That's fine, but I remember reading similar raves about Michael Box. We have only had one practice (without pads) so there is not a lot to base this opinion on.

Reaction Score
Now fall practice has officially started.

Of course Palatine wasn't at practices, film rooms or anywhere else around the team.

But you won't ever get Pal to qualify a quote with something like "From what I saw in games last season, McEntee wasn't impressive. And based off of his high school film, I think Nebrich should have gotten more snaps.".

Nor will you get any type of rationale for why Palatine thinks Nebrich will push Whitmer this year.

I actually watched Nebrich play in high school. And I watched Mac play last year. My eyes tell me that Nebrich is a better QB.

He is by far a better runner. He can get out of trouble (which Johnny couldn't).
I watched hm throw the ball from every angle, I saw his pocket presence.

My eyes tell me the only thing he lacked last year was --- a chance. I believe that is he had split snaps in the first few games, he would have emerged the starter.

Now, we are hearing that Nebrich is outplaying Mac in practice. A result I fully expect.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Chin Diesel said:
Now fall practice has officially started.

Of course Palatine wasn't at practices, film rooms or anywhere else around the team.

But you won't ever get Pal to qualify a quote with something like "From what I saw in games last season, McEntee wasn't impressive. And based off of his high school film, I think Nebrich should have gotten more snaps.".

Nor will you get any type of rationale for why Palatine thinks Nebrich will push Whitmer this year.​

I actually watched Nebrich play in high school. And I watched Mac play last year. My eyes tell me that Nebrich is a better QB.

He is by far a better runner. He can get out of trouble (which Johnny couldn't).

My eyes tell me the only thing he lacked last year was --- a chance. I believe that is he had split snaps in the first few games, he would have emerged the starter.

Now, we are hearing that Nebrich is outplaying Mac in practice. A result I fully expect.

You stole my post about your lack of "meat and potatoes" regarding your first post.

Reaction Score
watching nebrich in high school and then in college is 2 different things. He's still young and even though I wanted him to play last year, the coaches thought he wasn't ready for a reason. I'll give them the benefit of doubt over what somebody did in high school. I think it was more of a matter of learning the college play-book than anything. He will be the back-up imo.

Reaction Score
None of us saw a lot of Nebrich last year but the athletic ability just gave me the impression that he has the potential to be a pretty good dual threat guy. He never really got a chance to show it but I'm hopeful after reading this that he can get himself 5xto the #2 spot and be ready if needed.

Reaction Score
None of us saw a lot of Nebrich last year but the athletic ability just gave me the impression that he has the potential to be a pretty good dual threat guy. He never really got a chance to show it but I'm hopeful after reading this that he can get himself 5xto the #2 spot and be ready if needed.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I was screaming for Nebrich to be given more of a chance in the midst of some abhorrent performances by Johny McEntee last year. But I am also cognizant of the fact that I am not at practice to observe how the qbs are playing. To me, it was telling, that despite McEntee putting up some horrible performances, the staff would not put Nebrich in. My guess is he wasn't showing much in practice.

I am extremely hopeful based on Dez' report that Nebrich has learned alot from last year. We need to remember, he was only a true freshman last year. To expect a true freshman to come in and be immediately successful at QB is asking alot.

Reaction Score

Uh, so you are basing the fact that Nebrich was better last year on his high school tape? What!?!?!?!

Reaction Score
watching nebrich in high school and then in college is 2 different things. He's still young and even though I wanted him to play last year, the coaches thought he wasn't ready for a reason. I'll give them the benefit of doubt over what somebody did in high school. I think it was more of a matter of learning the college play-book than anything. He will be the back-up imo.

Agree with the bolded. Absorbing a college playbook for a qb right out of high school is pretty daunting. I don't think anyone doubts Nebrich's physical ability, but many people underestimate the mental aspect of the qb position.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Agree with the bolded. Absorbing a college playbook for a qb right out of high school is pretty daunting. I don't think anyone doubts Nebrich's physical ability, but many people underestimate the mental aspect of the qb position.

People underestimate the mental aspect of football as whole. You make tons of decisions, when to pursue, when to stay home, etc. all within a larger framework of what your teammates are doing. Anyone who thinks it's a bunch of grunts banging against each other has no clue about the game.

Reaction Score
My kids? I don't know. They watch a bunch of Cartoon Network and stuff.

I can watch hours of Penguins of Madagascar by myself. Some of the best written comedy around.
===========

Dude, that's hysterical!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I love how we can have a four-page discussion of our QBs based on one post by DC about Whitmer that had one line about Nebrich, at a non-contact practice.

Reaction Score
I love how we can have a four-page discussion of our QBs based on one post by DC about Whitmer that had one line about Nebrich, at a non-contact practice.

It actually makes me happy to see the discussion, no matter how dumb. This board, including previous incarnations has come a long way as far as number of posts go. Great to see. I would have called you insane if you told me that there would be a separate recruiting board even 3 years ago.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Oh, it was way more than one line.

"That’s going to lead us to the young man, sophomore quarterback Michael Nebrich. To me, he is nothing like the thrower he was even in the spring – and I thought he made a significant jump then but now this kid is really slinging the ball.

He threw the best pass of the day, to me, when his bomb died down perfectly between safety Andrew Adams and cornerback Dwayne Gratz and into the hands of Nick Williams (kid looks great, too) and the pass led him out of bounds.

You don’t see many delivered and caught like that. It was perfect spiral, too.

“I’ll tell you what he threw some deep balls pretty good today, completed a couple right in a row there, great to see,” Pasqualoni said. “He’s getting better. He’s getting better from a drop-back pass standpoint and [quarterbacks coach Shane Day] has said that all summer and all spring that he’s just got to keep getting better a little bit at a time. I think he’s focusing on it and is trying real hard and was pretty evident today that the timing of what he did, the read and the placement of the ball was really pretty good.”

Mmmm.."

Read again. It's like double digit number of lines broken into multiple paragraphs with direct quotes from the head coach and references to his position coach.

This board can turn that much information in to 7 or 8 pages- at least.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This board can turn that much information in to 7 or 8 pages- at least.

This board could spend 7 or 8 pages on just arguing the definition of a paragraph!! ;)

pj

Reaction Score
It's the most compelling 7 sentences we've read in 4 months! Unless you're into recruiting.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
LOL. I read it yesterday and posted today without re-reading it. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads