Dez on first practice | The Boneyard

Dez on first practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Lots of good things in there. I was told a while back that we had at least reached out and had a talk with wvu about some games. Hope they are one of the teams warde is close to getting on the schedule. Hope smalls is just a small injury like it says. Im pumped!!!

Reaction Score
The thing that jumps out the most is the mention of those pic 6's by Whitmer! He had a boatload last year and that just can't happen this year, this season is too important to us to have a few mental lapses crush the season. It is day one , so I don't want to make a big deal about it, just raising an eyebrow to that point. Psyched to hear Nebrich is coming on strong, I'm pulling for that kid. Biggest thing out of Dez's report is that of Bennett. We need another Hurd moving the pile off tackle, this kid could do it at 6'6 300. Jesus that's a load.

Reaction Score
The thing that jumps out the most is the mention of those pic 6's by Whitmer! He had a boatload last year and that just can't happen this year, this season is too important to us to have a few mental lapses crush the season. It is day one , so I don't want to make a big deal about it, just raising an eyebrow to that point. Psyched to hear Nebrich is coming on strong, I'm pulling for that kid. Biggest thing out of Dez's report is that of Bennett. We need another Hurd moving the pile off tackle, this kid could do it at 6'6 300. Jesus that's a load.

Yeah but does it say more about whitmer or our own D? It wasn't backups making those plays, either.

Reaction Score
Yeah but does it say more about whitmer or our own D? It wasn't backups making those plays, either.
----------
Yup, could go either way on that one. I hear u. Like I said, don't want to make a big deal about after the first practice, it just got my attention based on last years # of pics Whitmer had. We've got a few weeks to work it all out, we should be fine.

Reaction Score
Great to hear Jimmy Bennett is practicing. Didn't see anywhere that it was limited. I like Masters a lot better at guard than tackle, so if Bennett can come back, that would be huge for the O Line.

Reaction Score
This season may hinge on the health of Bennett and Masters. We are razor thin at tackle.

I don't see Stephen Brown on the roster anymore. Anyone know anything?

Reaction Score
i'm really excited about the comments on Nebrich. i was really excited when he committed to us and it's nice to hear he's throwing the ball really well. i'm really starting to feel comfortable about our QB position in general. i wonder how much of an impact Shane Day has had on the QBs development. i never thought i'd be more worried about our OLine than QB

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
i'm really excited about the comments on Nebrich. i was really excited when he committed to us and it's nice to hear he's throwing the ball really well. i'm really starting to feel comfortable about our QB position in general. i wonder how much of an impact Shane Day has had on the QBs development. i never thought i'd be more worried about our OLine than QB

It's funny because it's true.
The QB play is really sorting itself out.

Pro style offense and Whitmer is the starter, McEntee is the back up. Cochran is injured and won't get hardly any snaps until a week before UMass.

Looks like Nebrich has really stepped up to the challenge and is developing nicely.

I would still like a healthy McCummings because he falls forward when hit by LB's and DB's and gets that extra 1 1/2 - 2 yards. Not sure if Nebrich has that strength or elusiveness yet. On the other hand, McCummings had serious issues on touch passes and holding on to the ball. PP says the wildcat is staying and will be fully integrated in to the game plan each week. One of these two will be a winner and one will be a loser in terms of playing time.

Reaction Score
Nebrich was better than Mac last year. He will push Whitmer this year. ( I expect Whitmer to remain the starter). The real shame is that P. didn't get use last year to get Nebrich more experience.

Reaction Score
Nebrich was better than Mac last year. He will push Whitmer this year. ( I expect Whitmer to remain the starter). The real shame is that P. didn't get use last year to get Nebrich more experience.
I think without any QB clearly separating themself last year, a legitimate case could be made for each QB that they should have been given more of a shake.

In Nebrich's case, I feel like I remember Coach P making a few comments in the press last season about Nebrich perhaps not working as hard as needed. The exact quotes escape me, but at the time I remember inferring that Nebrich was a fine team member, but didn't necessarily go "above and beyond" in terms of preparation. The quotes made me think that Nebrich did everything that was asked of him basically, but that his focus and intensity wasn't quite where it needed to be. It could simply be a case of me misinterpreting his quotes of course.

Reaction Score

How could you possibly know that? You attend the practices?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

if he attended the practices maybe he would also know that the young man skipped a few classroom hours last year which led to some discipline as well.

Reactions: pj

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Now fall practice has officially started.

Of course Palatine wasn't at practices, film rooms or anywhere else around the team.

But you won't ever get Pal to qualify a quote with something like "From what I saw in games last season, McEntee wasn't impressive. And based off of his high school film, I think Nebrich should have gotten more snaps.".

Nor will you get any type of rationale for why Palatine thinks Nebrich will push Whitmer this year.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Palatine is like King Julian from Penguins of Madagascar.

Just make a random statement without any knowledge of the situation and be perfectly content in his correctness.

Reaction Score
If McCummings comes back I still think it would be best for Nebrich to redshirt this year. Based on the spring game which I have watched an embarrassing number of times, McEntee still throws the better ball and I hope that he has improved enough to be a quality back-up.

My opinion changes if Nebrich has indeed improved a lot since the Spring game, but that seems unlikely. If Nebrich plays the coaches better change the offense to suit his running / ad lib style. The stuff that Pitt was running last year with Sunseri would be perfect for Nebrich.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If McCummings comes back I think it would still be best for Nebrich to redshirt this year. Based on the spring game which I have watched an embarrassing number of times, McEntee still throws the better ball and I hope that he has improved enough to be a quality back-up.

Before you relegate Nebrich to a redshirt, re-read this from Des. Also keep in mind that if PP wants the wildcat to be a permanant part of the offense, it makes sense to have two wildcat QB's ready for any game. Obviously the running aspect opens a QB to more hits and harder hits.

That’s going to lead us to the young man, sophomore quarterback Michael Nebrich. To me, he is nothing like the thrower he was even in the spring – and I thought he made a significant jump then but now this kid is really slinging the ball.
He threw the best pass of the day, to me, when his bomb died down perfectly between safety Andrew Adams and cornerback Dwayne Gratz and into the hands of Nick Williams (kid looks great, too) and the pass led him out of bounds.
You don’t see many delivered and caught like that. It was perfect spiral, too.
“I’ll tell you what he threw some deep balls pretty good today, completed a couple right in a row there, great to see,” Pasqualoni said. “He’s getting better. He’s getting better from a drop-back pass standpoint and [quarterbacks coach Shane Day] has said that all summer and all spring that he’s just got to keep getting better a little bit at a time. I think he’s focusing on it and is trying real hard and was pretty evident today that the timing of what he did, the read and the placement of the ball was really pretty good.”
Mmmm..

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Palatine is like King Julian from Penguins of Madagascar.

Just make a random statement without any knowledge of the situation and be perfectly content in his correctness.

How old are your kids?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
How old are your kids?

My kids? I don't know. They watch a bunch of Cartoon Network and stuff.

I can watch hours of Penguins of Madagascar by myself. Some of the best written comedy around.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
http://www.nick.com/shows/penguins-of-madagascar/characters/king-julien.html

character_large_332x363_julien.jpg

King Julien King Palatine

King Julien is the zoo's self-appointed monarch and the ultimate party animal. This spoiled boy king likes to order everyone around and he would be completely intolerable if not for his insistence that everyone have fun! King Julien's towering ego more than makes up for his pint-sized body. He's quick with an insult, but even quicker with a smile, so it's hard for anyone to take this lemur too seriously.

Quotes
"My moves are yummy!"
"Don't touch the feet!"
"I said 'gimme'. What part of 'gim' or 'me' did you not understand"

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Maybe I'm being too much harsh on Pal.

He's more of a Kowalski than a Julien.

character_large_332x363_kowalski.jpg

Kowalski Palatine

When Skipper The Boneyard needs analysis or an immediate invention, Kowalski Palatine is there with his crayon, notebook and slightly skewed scientific method. Kowalski's Palatine's authoritative attitude covers up the fact that he usually doesn't have a clue about what's happening. Even though Kowalski's Palatine's a self-proclaimed scientific mastermind, he doesn't read English any better than the rest of the Penguins.

Quotes
"Technically speaking... maybe."
"Seems like I forgot to carry the one."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members