December Recruiting Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

December Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great moves, especially for her age. My only concern is her shooting. She has a nice touch but was taking 6 foot jump shots over defenders 6 inches shorter. Would have been more impressed to see her take it to the rim.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
She played for NYC Exodus, which were the runner-ups at Nike Nationals. I’d have to go back and look at the stats, but IIRC she was solid/okay, but not great.

She’s a big body with solid mobility, showed some nice footwork in the post a couple times, but she didn’t seem to be at the level of Cunningham.
Based solely on yesterday's game, Koval looked like a player who would be successful only because she is much bigger and taller than most of her opponents. However, that is based on watching one game.

Reaction Score
Based solely on yesterday's game, Koval looked like a player who would be successful only because she is much bigger and taller than most of her opponents. However, that is based on watching one game.
@donalddoowop do you think she could be developed at UConn?? Stef Dolson type?

Reaction Score
I said the same thing the first time I saw Dolson play. No idea what Koval's finished product will be but bigger and taller is not a bad place to start.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Sarah Strong and Kennedy Smith are my top two targets for '24. Would take both.

I like all the PG's UConn are looking at (Cambridge, Fiso, Berry, Heckel) as well as Cheli and Tac at other positions.
I competed with the Etiwanda coach for that job. Seeing what he is doing now with that program, I can honestly say they made the correct choice. I wouldn’t have the time or energy to do what he has done. I have spoken to a few coaches in the area who are familiar with Kennedy Smith. No one seems to know her plans or they are all being tight lipped. I also have a few connects at Sierra Canyon. I was unable to get Jujus info and so far it’s the same for Randolph. I’ll keep digging.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I competed with the Etiwanda coach for that job. Seeing what he is doing now with that program, I can honestly say they made the correct choice. I wouldn’t have the time or energy to do what he has done. I have spoken to a few coaches in the area who are familiar with Kennedy Smith. No one seems to know her plans or they are all being tight lipped. I also have a few connects at Sierra Canyon. I was unable to get Jujus info and so far it’s the same for Randolph. I’ll keep digging.

Wow, that's interesting.

Smith does seem to be keeping things about as quiet as Ziebell. I have a feeling she'll release a list at some point though.

Reaction Score
I can work with bigger and taller, but not one or the other.

Reaction Score

Probably the best highlight reel I've seen of her in some time. Still curious as to how she's doing with her outside shot and bigger bodies. I'm trying to picture her versus Cunningham for example. Not sure I could see her having much success.

I saw her play a local tournament this fall and she struggled battling inside with players smaller than her. Currently, the OSBA has maybe 1 or 2 players who can be physical with her. That's going to be the question mark for me for a while.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
She looked really good against La Jolla the other day.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
I've seen her a few times. She is very good but the consistency is still not quite there yet but its easy to see why a lot of top programs are chasing her given the physical tools she has. Needs more polishing but she has tremendous size, strength and enough talent to be molded into a great player at the next level. With continued development, provided she continues to put in the work, I think she will be a good one.

She's hearing from a lot of top programs right now. Don't know specifics on which ones she is truly interested in though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom