Deauzya Richards 2017 guard | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Deauzya Richards 2017 guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm shocked the experience Mo has had at UConn isn't attracting more Lone Star recruits to Storrs. Moriah left Texas, loves UConn despite how "foreign" it is to her, and has had all the on-court success she could have.

Nice point. And Uconn was skeptical at one time whether they would be able to sway Jefferson out of Texas. Giving that experience i don't see why they would be afraid going after any Texas players at this point if they succeed or not. Throw the eggs in the baskets.

Reaction Score
Richards is the best guard in Texas by far for the 2017 class. Coach Rhoutt was at the game when she played Charlie Collier. I saw her along with about 10 to 15 more colleges. I didn't realize Richards was as tall as she is. She has to be at least 6'2" but she is definitely a guard. She held Charlie whenever she was in the game but held the pg when she wasn't in the game.

The guy from New York posted Richards stats that game..... But they were something like 36pts 15rebs and 5 or 6 blks with at least 5 stls.

Probably can find them on Twitter, just don't feel like looking right now.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Richards is the best guard in Texas by far for the 2017 class. Coach Rhoutt was at the game when she played Charlie Collier. I saw her along with about 10 to 15 more colleges. I didn't realize Richards was as tall as she is. She has to be at least 6'2" but she is definitely a guard. She held Charlie whenever she was in the game but held the pg when she wasn't in the game.

The guy from New York posted Richards stats that game..... But they were something like 36pts 15rebs and 5 or 6 blks with at least 5 stls.

Probably can find them on Twitter, just don't feel like looking right now.

Who is Coach Rhoutt?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Baylor pulling them in it seems huh.

It appears that Kim Mulkey (who has become a master recruiter) is getting "first dibs" on the top talent across the state, while the other Texas programs are left to fight for her left overs.

What a reversal in fortunes. It was only a few years ago when it was the other way around. Make no mistake about it. Baylor has become a coveted destination by the local talent. Mulkey has put Baylor on the map of highly ranked WCBB programs.

Last edited:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Rumor has been for some time that Richards and Alexis Morris have been Baylor leans and are good friends and want to play together. I suspect that a verbal by Morris may be soon to follow.

March 20 goes down as a good day for Baylor fans. Baylor advances to Dallas, Richards verbals and Louisville loses. ;)

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Rumor has been for some time that Richards and Alexis Morris have been Baylor leans and are good friends and want to play together. I suspect that a verbal by Morris may be soon to follow.

March 20 goes down as a good day for Baylor fans. Baylor advances to Dallas, Richards verbals and Louisville lose. ;)

I've lurked the Baylor board a good bit lately and the dislike for Louisville is VERY strong there. Probably stronger than the dislike for fellow Texas schools... Why is that?

Does it just stem from that Louisville upset over Baylor a few years ago or is there more to it?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I've lurked the Baylor board a good bit lately and the dislike for Louisville is VERY strong there. Probably stronger than the dislike for fellow Texas schools... Why is that?

Does it just stem from that Louisville upset over Baylor a few years ago or is there more to it?

It stems from the game plan that most Baylor fans suspect Walz instructed his players to use. Most Baylor fans believe him to be a man who is willing to do anything to win and feel that he deserves no respect.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Don't lurk! We welcome guests, especially fellow southerners.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It stems from the game plan that Walz instructed his players to use. He is a man who is willing to do anything to win and deserves no respect.
You are walking a thin line here. We have a rule against harmful speculation - stick to facts, not to what you think Jeff Walz believes.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
You are walking a thin line here. We have a rule against harmful speculation - stick to facts, not to what you think Jeff Walz believes.

Point taken and post adjusted as not to claim this to be a known fact.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Point taken and post adjusted as not to claim this to be a known fact.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Don't lurk! We welcome guests, especially fellow southerners.

Thanks for the invite! Congrats on Richards by the way.. I've watched a ton of video on her and I still think she's underrated a little.

I'm really impressed by Mulkey's ability to keep elite Texas talent at Baylor.. keep that up and more national championships (with an -s) will come to Waco..

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Thanks for the invite! Congrats on Richards by the way.. I've watched a ton of video on her and I still think she's underrated a little.

I'm really impressed by Mulkey's ability to keep elite Texas talent at Baylor.. keep that up and more national championships (with an -s) will come to Waco..

I still think Dawn has the inside track on a couple of 2017 recruits from Texas, especially Chasity Patterson.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I still think Dawn has the inside track on a couple of 2017 recruits from Texas, especially Chasity Patterson.

Not if Mulkey has anything to do with it! :D

Seriously though, who are these recruits you speak of? Dawn moves in silence so her recruiting strategy is largely unknown but some of us on the Gamecock board are becoming pretty adept at researching and getting information. There's almost nothing on our board about 2017 Texas players... Richards was the only 2017 player we knew anything about..

Only Texas recruits we know for sure that Dawn is/was recruiting are Didi Richards and Sedona Prince (along with the rest of the country), and Prince is a 2018. Enlighten me to your wisdom!

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I hope Patterson doesn't make the unfortunate mistake of committing to Kentucky. Gross. :eek:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Guess my source was right!

Here's an article on that commitment: http://espn.go.com/espnw/sports/art...rds-gives-verbal-commitment-baylor-lady-bears

Not that familiar with her, but she seems to be an off-guard. Will be interesting to see if she and 2016 recruit Natalie Chou -- about the same size, but listed as a combo guard -- fit together. Baylor is starting to resemble OSU and Maryland -- so many parts coming in, how do you find the best way to assemble them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom