Deauzya Richards 2017 guard | The Boneyard

Deauzya Richards 2017 guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Bob Joyce has to be interested -- wondering how to pronounce her first name when broadcasting play-by-play.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
She's the same height as Megan Walker. I'm sure UConn will be interested, but I really doubt they would sign both of them. It also might depend on whether they sign another 2016 post player this fall.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
They still have her listed as a verbal. So, not sure the list of schools "considered" is her current list, if she has one.

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
ask Chiney -- teammate and friend of her sisters'....

Reaction Score
Although it says verbal on Hoopgurlz--it does not show the longhorn logo which it always does. I read a tweet a month ago that she reopened her recruiting

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If it helps anything, I'm pretty sure she goes by Didi.

Reaction Score
"ASGR#14 Deauzya Richards 6-1 WF 2017 Cypress Ranch HS TX had committed to Texas has reopened her commitment."

- Bret McCormick @ASGR1995, 16 Apr 2015

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Richards said UConn was in her top 2 when she committed to Texas at the end of 2014 and then included UConn as one of her top schools in June. I didn't hear that Geno and the staff showed much interest over the summer. Maybe they thought it would be tough to get her out of Texas. They're much more interested in Lexi Gordon who may also be tough to get out of Texas.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Richards said UConn was in her top 2 when she committed to Texas at the end of 2014 and then included UConn as one of her top schools in June. I didn't hear that Geno and the staff showed much interest over the summer. Maybe they thought it would be tough to get her out of Texas. They're much more interested in Lexi Gordon who may also be tough to get out of Texas.
Is the staff still interested in Megan Walker to the best of your knowledge?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I'm shocked the experience Mo has had at UConn isn't attracting more Lone Star recruits to Storrs. Moriah left Texas, loves UConn despite how "foreign" it is to her, and has had all the on-court success she could have.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I'm shocked the experience Mo has had at UConn isn't attracting more Lone Star recruits to Storrs. Moriah left Texas, loves UConn despite how "foreign" it is to her, and has had all the on-court success she could have.

I agree, alex.

I'm reminded of what Karen Aston said after last season's NCAA tournament game:

“I’ve said this all along, no disrespect to anyone. I can’t understand why anyone from Texas would want to leave Texas,” said Aston, who admitted to having some intense recruiting battles with UConn when she was an assistant to Jody Conradt. “I just don’t [understand].”

Hopefully another Texan will soon follow in Moriah's footsteps. There's an amazing amount of talent down there.

Reaction Score
Texas should have a really, really, really, good 2017 class if you listen to rumors.

HGN

Reaction Score
I agree, alex.

I'm reminded of what Karen Aston said after last season's NCAA tournament game:

“I’ve said this all along, no disrespect to anyone. I can’t understand why anyone from Texas would want to leave Texas,” said Aston, who admitted to having some intense recruiting battles with UConn when she was an assistant to Jody Conradt. “I just don’t [understand].”

Hopefully another Texan will soon follow in Moriah's footsteps. There's an amazing amount of talent down there.
If Karen Aston don't understand why anyone from Texas would want to leave Texas maybe she should pay a visit to Champions Center at UConn and take a look at those 10 Championship trophies........They are self explanatory .

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
If Karen Aston don't understand why anyone from Texas would want to leave Texas maybe she should pay a visit to Champions Center at UConn and take a look at those 10 Championship trophies...They are self explanatory .

They are self explanatory.......drops the mic and walks away. ;)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
If Karen Aston don't understand why anyone from Texas would want to leave Texas maybe she should pay a visit to Champions Center at UConn and take a look at those 10 Championship trophies...They are self explanatory .

If she can't understand why anyone would want to leave Texas she should look at the weather report in June, July, August and September.

Reaction Score
Perhaps a recruit wants to win titles in a state where women's basketball is beloved, play for THE coach at THE program and see what apizza actually tastes like.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
There is a lot of chatter that Richards and Alexis Morris are good friends and a bit of a package deal. Morris is rumored to be a strong Baylor lean.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
There is a lot of chatter that Richards and Alexis Morris are good friends and a bit of a package deal. Morris is rumored to be a strong Baylor lean.
Will Baylor have room for Both?

Reaction Score
I do not think UConn got dropped, its more likely that UConn did not really pursue Richards. Did Geno go to her high school this year or do a home visit? That tells you a little more about who he prioritizes.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
She is another one I have been told will not be leaving the state of Texas. Now whether that is Baylor or Texas i dont know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom