Day 3 and Counting | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Day 3 and Counting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

I'll take that bet.

Hopefully we'll never know the answer, because we'll make a bowl. I don't bet cash with anonymous message boarders, but we can have a friendly bet. If we don't make a bowl and P is fired, I'll order one of George Deleone's DVDs and quote from it like the bible. More importantly, I'll have to pretend to really admire his wisdom and defend him whenever the subject comes up. When confronted with evidence to the contrary, I'll say he was just ahead of his time and that's why he didn't get the results I expected from him.

You can either do the same or come up with something else if we don't make a bowl and P's not fired. Just to be clear, it'll be a cut and dry, make a bowl or not, and fired or not, no extenuating circumstances will be considered.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hopefully we'll never know the answer, because we'll make a bowl. I don't bet cash with anonymous message boarders, but we can have a friendly bet. If we don't make a bowl and P is fired, I'll order one of George Deleone's DVDs and quote from it like the bible. More importantly, I'll have to pretend to really admire his wisdom and defend him whenever the subject comes up. When confronted with evidence to the contrary, I'll say he was just ahead of his time and that's why he didn't get the results I expected from him.

You can either do the same or come up with something else if we don't make a bowl and P's not fired. Just to be clear, it'll be a cut and dry, make a bowl or not, and fired or not, no extenuating circumstances will be considered.

I honestly think their jobs are on the line this weekend. Nothing is going to happen mid season, but if they can't beat Temple at home they aren't winning 3 more games. If they lose to Temple the casual fan is going to abandon this season and the cries for blood will only be louder. If they bring this coaching staff back after 4-8 or something like that forget it - the masses will check out.

They lose a ton of talent and the schedule will most likely be tougher - why would anyone have any faith going forward.

Reaction Score
I got even money that Blue Dogs next post is, "I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal".

Reaction Score
I do find it a little funny that people are so set that we're not making a bowl game. We lost to the "23rd best" team in the country in a game where we basically had a stalemate in terms of yardage in a game that was very close until some awful late game TOs made it look ugly. WE LOOKED UGLY START TO FINISH. WE LOOKED AWFUL. Our next two games are against Temple and Cuse. OK. LET'S SEE. I SAY THE KIDS GET UP FOR CUSE. TEMPLE WILL BE UP FOR US. WE DON'T WIN BOTH THESE GAMES. TEMPLE IS THE L. So fare we've beaten every team ranked behind us and lost to every team ranked ahead of us(yes, WMU was ranked well ahead of us going into the season) so while I'm not happy with our performance, it hasn't been disastrous...yet. NEITHER IS BC A DISASTER ... YET. JUST AN IMPENDING DISASTER. I'LL TAKE AN IMPENDING DISASTER OVER A DISASTER ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!!!! If we beat all the teams we "should" we'll still end up with 6-7 wins. HO HO HO. We should win those to go 5-3 and only one game away from a bowl. Granted I'm not happy at 6-6, but to me it's kind of silly to write off a bowl appearance already. YOU WANT SEE THE TRAIN GO OVER THE BRIDGE FIRST. I GET THAT. JUST DON'T BE ON IT. WATCH FROM A SAFE DISTANCE. If we're 3-5 after our next two games, well then it might be time to write off an appearance, but it's way too early to do so. EARLY. NOT WAY EARLY. BUT EARLY. YES.

i think anyone that thinks P will be fired if we miss a bowl is off base as well. THAT'S TOO BAD IF TRUE. I think another 5 win season will earn him a season on the hot seat, but not a firing. I think P needs to be on the hot seat b/c we only move the ball when we're trailing 10+. he only seems to want to change when it's been beaten into him that something's not working. AND AT HIS AGE, THAT'S A PROBLEM. YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO BE DESPERATE BEFORE YOU MAKE A RATIONAL DECISION. hopefully it'll at least cause him to shop around for another OC. HOPEFULLY? NOT HAPPENING. THIS OC GOT HIM FIRED LAST TIME. THE FIRST THING HE DID WHEN HE GOT HERE IS BRING HIM IN. NOT HAPNIN.

pj

Reaction Score
I think P needs to be on the hot seat b/c we only move the ball when we're trailing 10+.... YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO BE DESPERATE BEFORE YOU MAKE A RATIONAL DECISION.

Not only do they only want to gain yards when we're down, it seems they only want to win games by 3 points. It would embarrass them to blow out Buffalo.

Reaction Score
Day 5 - Still no response or acknowledgment from Athletic Department. How is it that you don't bother to respond to a paying season Ticketholder with a perfunctory "thank you for your inquiry". Common, this customer relations 101. Its so symptomatic of a second rate organization I'll equipped to build long term support of they don't respect their ticket holders.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I got even money that Blue Dogs next post is, "I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal".

2-1 - "I'm kind of a big deal."
4-1 - "You know, Warde, I pay your salary..."
7-1 - "I just convinced the CEO of my company not to buy the two luxury boxes he was gonna buy next year."
25-1 - "My great-granddad was Augustus Storrs and we're taking our land back!!"

Reaction Score
Letters to Warde probably carry a great deal more weight at the end of the season when we have a complete result to point to.

Letters to Warde while we are 3-3 could easily be dismissed as irrational and premature. Even if they aren't.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
It's been three days since the AD of UConn got back to you??? DOESN'T HE KNOW WHO YOU ARE?!?

(back to my whiskey...Lord, please bring me a win over Temple and make the "crazy" stop...)
Ahhhh.. To quote a famous song " take your whiskey home"! Go dogs!!!

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Letters to Warde probably carry a great deal more weight at the end of the season when we have a complete result to point to.

Letters to Warde while we are 3-3 could easily be dismissed as irrational and premature. Even if they aren't.
I think we should picket his house.

Reaction Score
Day 5 - Still no response or acknowledgment from Athletic Department. How is it that you don't bother to respond to a paying season Ticketholder with a perfunctory "thank you for your inquiry". Common, this customer relations 101. Its so symptomatic of a second rate organization I'll equipped to build long term support of they don't respect their ticket holders.

Day 6 now. Still no response?

THOSE MOTHER F#$KERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member