Day 3 and Counting | The Boneyard

Day 3 and Counting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sent my season ticket-holder - not happy email to Warde. Expected perfunctory response. But no response as of day 3, not even the usual "thank for contacting us and we appreciate your concern, fecundity off."

Totally classless organization, incapable of performing basic customer relations. These guys are either in total denial, have complete disregard for its paying supporters, or are just plain clueless. Warde officially enters my listbof over-paid State incompetents list.

Im convinced these guys would f' up their own funeral.

For the Taliban defenders of the faith - no, I don't expect a personal response. Yes, we all know how busy and important he is. But, I do expect basic blocking and tackling with a customer relations program to acknowledge contacts like any other serious organization.

Reaction Score
I'm sure Warde has a smart phone. He could have replied while he was playing Chris Columbus at the Bushnell.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Sent my season ticket-holder - not happy email to Warde. Expected perfunctory response. But no response as of day 3, not even the usual "thank for contacting us and we appreciate your concern, fecundity off."

Totally classless organization, incapable of performing basic customer relations. These guys are either in total denial, have complete disregard for its paying supporters, or are just plain clueless. Warde officially enters my listbof over-paid State incompetents list.

For the Taliban defenders of the faith - no, I don't expect a personal response. Yes, we all know how busy and important he is. But, I do expect basic blocking and tackling with a customer relations program to acknowledge contacts like any other serious organization.

Lighten up Francis. You certainly seem to have a lot of lists. Good thing I'm in a foreign country. I'd hate to be on your list too...

Reaction Score
Actually, bluedogs is right. Regardless of his reaction, the university should have some mechanism that lets a person know their message has been received. It's just basic customer service.

Reaction Score
We need to get to a bowl game this season, bottom line. Anything less is failure on the coaching staff to demonstrate progress.

Warde Manuel, is not concerned in the least about the coachign staff in 2012, and 2013. His concern is making sure that we've got games scheduled to play beyond 2013.

The coaching staff, will be addressed after the season.

You all need to give it a rest. I am no George Deleone fan, and I can guarantee you that everybody in the football offices knows that they need to figure out how to start winning games, at a clip more than they're losing, or their jobs are going to be taken away, to give somebody else a chance.

I still fully expect a bowl game this year, and I fully expect that at this point, midway - that these coaches realize that they better do something different, if they expect to get on a roll with winning games.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

I hate it when s aren't treated with kid gloves.

The moral outrage.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing you send a lot of email rants, do you really get answers to all of them? Hopefully Warde's way too busy exploring available head coaches and offensive coordinators to respond to any fan mail.

Reaction Score
Heard from Warde... he's going to start posting the best emails and his responses on the video board starting one hour before game time - so get to your seats early. They will take a break during the game and resume @ halftime. Also, instead of DJ Joey asking the fans to vote on which dance cam song folks want to hear - they will be posting available coaches names on the video baord and the interview list will be decided by the three with the loudest cheer.

Reactions: pj

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Heard from Warde... he's going to start posting the best emails and his responses on the video board starting one hour before game time - so get to your seats early. They will take a break during the game and resume @ halftime. Also, instead of DJ Joey asking the fans to vote on which dance cam song folks want to hear - they will be posting available coaches names on the video baord and the interview list will be decided by the three with the loudest cheer.

Wow. Just like American Idol. This HAS TO WORK!!!

Reaction Score
We need to get to a bowl game this season, bottom line. Anything less is failure on the coaching staff to demonstrate progress.

Warde Manuel, is not concerned in the least about the coachign staff in 2012, and 2013. His concern is making sure that we've got games scheduled to play beyond 2013.

You all need to give it a rest. I am no George Deleone fan, and I can guarantee you that everybody in the football offices knows that they need to figure out how to start winning games, at a clip more than they're losing, or their jobs are going to be taken away, to give somebody else a chance.

I still fully expect a bowl game this year, and I fully expect that at this point, midway - that these coaches realize that they better do something different, if they expect to get on a roll with winning games.

I am not sure that the staff realizes they better do something different based on PP interview with Des today. Sounds like there is no urgency in this offensive staff.

Reaction Score

You fully expect a bowl game?

Reaction Score
Yes - I do.
What is more likely this Christmas: Uconn bowl game, or you put a tooth under your pillow and and wake up to a new Lexus in your driveway? I'll put my money on the Lexus.

Reaction Score
What is more likely this Christmas: Uconn bowl game, or you put a tooth under your pillow and and wake up to a new Lexus in your driveway? I'll put my money on the Lexus.

oh ye of little faith.

Football is played one week at a time, and we've got 6 of them left.

Reaction Score
I'm with Gars. No Bowl. And be careful what you wish for, Carl. No Bowl=No PP.

Reaction Score
I'm with Gars. No Bowl. And be careful what you wish for, Carl. No Bowl=No PP.
Yeah, I mean, I'm not trying to disparage Uconn at all. I just watch the games, I see what's going on. This offense is like in the hospital. It's on tubes and wires. It's not dead, it can take fluids. But it ain't getting up and going to work. So, we going to get a few good bounces. I think 5-7 is reasonable.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I mean, I'm not trying to disparage Uconn at all. I just watch the games, I see what's going on. This offense is like in the hospital. It's on tubes and wires. It's not dead, it can take fluids. But it ain't getting up and going to work. So, we going to get a few good bounces. I think 5-7 is reasonable.

I don't think a bowl game is out of the question. We have to see some signs of progression on offense. And our schedule is awful. We have 2 games we'll probably lose. The others are Temple, Cuse, Pitt, and USF. It's doable.

Reaction Score
I do find it a little funny that people are so set that we're not making a bowl game. We lost to the "23rd best" team in the country in a game where we basically had a stalemate in terms of yardage in a game that was very close until some awful late game TOs made it look ugly. Our next two games are against Temple and Cuse. So fare we've beaten every team ranked behind us and lost to every team ranked ahead of us(yes, WMU was ranked well ahead of us going into the season) so while I'm not happy with our performance, it hasn't been disastrous...yet. If we beat all the teams we "should" we'll still end up with 6-7 wins. We should win those to go 5-3 and only one game away from a bowl. Granted I'm not happy at 6-6, but to me it's kind of silly to write off a bowl appearance already. If we're 3-5 after our next two games, well then it might be time to write off an appearance, but it's way too early to do so.

i think anyone that thinks P will be fired if we miss a bowl is off base as well. I think another 5 win season will earn him a season on the hot seat, but not a firing. I think P needs to be on the hot seat b/c we only move the ball when we're trailing 10+. he only seems to want to change when it's been beaten into him that something's not working. hopefully it'll at least cause him to shop around for another OC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom