Dare We Say - Let's Go Bowling? What Say You? | The Boneyard

Dare We Say - Let's Go Bowling? What Say You?

Reaction Score
In what is turning out to be a "special" surprise season for all of us, it is time we started to turn our eye toward names like Hometown Lenders, Duluth Trading Cure, Lending Tree and Famous Potato? (Long live the Poulan Weedeater and Beef O'Brady's) All of these are attainable bowls if we secure two more wins and get to 6 win bowl eligibility. One more win and we start to get into conversation and consideration for potential bowl sites. Who would of thought that possible when Vegas pegged us at the 2.5 win total for 2022. In eel like fashion, we easily slipped past that number. Vegas viewed us like a wayward golfer asking their partners where their tee ball went. The conjecture game is a fun one to play. What say all of you about bowl possibilities? It is a great place to be.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
scared season 3 GIF

Reaction Score
A UConn team that had a hard time putting away a 1-7 CCSU team... a 1-AA CCSU team. Lets beat UMass first. Also Army would be our biggest win of the season were it to happen and moreso than beating beating Ball State which didn't happen.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I feel a kiss of death on the horizon….

Reaction Score
A UConn team that had a hard time putting away a 1-7 CCSU team... a 1-AA CCSU team. Lets beat UMass first. Also Army would be our biggest win of the season were it to happen and moreso than beating beating Ball State which didn't happen.
If they played ccsu this week they would beat them by 30. Alot has happened since then.

Reaction Score
If they played ccsu this week they would beat them by 30. Alot has happened since then.

I agree but I want to see it on the field first.

When you guys said the sky is falling I said it wasn't that bad. When the world looks like sunshine and roses I said it wasn't that good.

Look. Just like I thought we'd lose to BC by 3 TDs I think we'll beat UMass by 17. However I've seen enough weird stuff. Win the next game. That's what I care about.

Reaction Score
It’s really pretty simple I guess. We are heavily favored against UMass and “should” win that. We will be fairly big underdog to top 25 Liberty and “should” lose that. It all comes down to Army which will probably be close to a toss up (CBS Sports 99 at 106 as of today). Presumably it’s win and we’re in (we’ll…eligible).

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
In what is turning out to be a "special" surprise season for all of us, it is time we started to turn our eye toward names like Hometown Lenders, Duluth Trading Cure, Lending Tree and Famous Potato? (Long live the Poulan Weedeater and Beef O'Brady's) All of these are attainable bowls if we secure two more wins and get to 6 win bowl eligibility. One more win and we start to get into conversation and consideration for potential bowl sites. Who would of thought that possible when Vegas pegged us at the 2.5 win total for 2022. In eel like fashion, we easily slipped past that number. Vegas viewed us like a wayward golfer asking their partners where their tee ball went. The conjecture game is a fun one to play. What say all of you about bowl possibilities? It is a great place to be.

I'm all for stretch goals and reassessing goals throughout the season. Nothing wrong with that.

Too soon

That being said, this.

Reaction Score
It’s really pretty simple I guess. We are heavily favored against UMass and “should” win that. We will be fairly big underdog to top 25 Liberty and “should” lose that. It all comes down to Army which will probably be close to a toss up (CBS Sports 99 at 106 as of today). Presumably it’s win and we’re in (we’ll…eligible).
Liberty is way over rated. I hope they win this week to keep the spread against Uconn high. But they won't as they are a two touchdown dog on the road to Arkansas and Arkansas is one of the sharpies best bet this week. The Uconn vs, Liberty game will be like the Fresno State game was.

Reaction Score
With all due respect ( OK just some ) ..... ;)
This team under any coach I have ever followed at UConn has improved every single game. This regardless of starters going down and transfers fitting in. That and true freshmen stepping up and showing game. This going back to Yankee Conference days.

Not sure of your logic of Army possibly being our biggest win of the season. You must have missed the fact we have to play Liberty who cracked the AP top 25 this week at 23. Yes lets take out UMass first but by no means underestimate any opponent. Face each and everyone with a growing tenacity and ability that has been witnessed.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
what say me? i already said it on another thread, 3rd door down the hall, on the right - eph it, let's go bowling! (some kind of catchy phrase from another movie that i haven't seen, but i understand that it's a 'thing.')
also mentioned before, i don't get those who, in the middle of the good thing, look for every reason not to enjoy it as it's happening.
mebbe this good thing goes the way it possibly can - to a bowl!
it's not fanciful, it's reasonably possible, and if it happens, then ......
road trip! don't really care which one, unless its the Freezing Rain and Ice Bowl. if it's that one, then i'll be all aboot the couch trip.
either way, it's a journey, a fun one.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Kinahora. Like bringing up a no-no in the 6th inning. So I've put ManFromOZ on ignore :cool:

Reaction Score
With all due respect ( OK just some ) ..... ;)
This team under any coach I have ever followed at UConn has improved every single game. This regardless of starters going down and transfers fitting in. That and true freshmen stepping up and showing game. This going back to Yankee Conference days.

Not sure of your logic of Army possibly being our biggest win of the season. You must have missed the fact we have to play Liberty who cracked the AP top 25 this week at 23. Yes lets take out UMass first but by no means underestimate any opponent. Face each and everyone with a growing tenacity and ability that has been witnessed.

I agree. And sure, beat Liberty and that's the biggest win. I'm fine with 7-5, i'm just not a believer

Reaction Score
I agree but I want to see it on the field first.

When you guys said the sky is falling I said it wasn't that bad. When the world looks like sunshine and roses I said it wasn't that good.

Look. Just like I thought we'd lose to BC by 3 TDs I think we'll beat UMass by 17. However I've seen enough weird stuff. Win the next game. That's what I care about.
One clear thing I have seen this season is that with the exception of NC State, Cuse and Michigan, people on this board have been underestimating this team every week. That being said, if you’re saying 17 then I’m saying 27. We might be up 17 at halftime.

Reaction Score
Just win baby. There are no style points in the last quarter of the season, and margin doesn’t matter unless you’re betting. If we win 2-0 or if we win 37-3, I’m driving home satisfied either way.
Hear what you’re saying, but if we beat UMess on a last second field goal I won’t be happy, and we would likely drop in the FBS rankings.

Reaction Score
Hear what you’re saying, but if we beat UMess on a last second field goal I won’t be happy, and we would likely drop in the FBS rankings.

Why would you care about computer rankings? When we're trying to break into the Top 40, great, but we're nowhere near that level. Why would whether a bunch of blogwriters and computers say we're 104th or 98th have any meaning whatsoever compared to whether we get our 5th win and take a big step towards bowl eligibility?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom