Daniel Hamilton's All Conference likelihood | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Daniel Hamilton's All Conference likelihood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Didn't stop the coaches from giving it to Napier last year with what could be the same conference record of 12-6 if they win out.

It was a tight 3-horse race last year, and I'm still not sure Boatright should've won it over Kilpatrick or Russ Smith if we're just talking about the regular season. He probably won it because he did so many different things well, and while Boatright is cut from the same mold/role and has less around him, he's an inferior version of the same player. Boat would be 5th in win shares per 40 in the conference last year, despite (essentially) leading that category this year.

Speaking of leading the conference in that, that does give credence to Boatright's candidacy this year, but they still need to be close in the standings for him to have a shot (and if they win out I think he will).

Reaction Score
It was a tight 3-horse race last year, and I'm still not sure Boatright should've won it over Kilpatrick or Russ Smith if we're just talking about the regular season. He probably won it because he did so many different things well, and while Boatright is cut from the same mold/role and has less around him, he's an inferior version of the same player. Boat would be 5th in win shares per 40 in the conference last year, despite (essentially) leading that category this year.

Speaking of leading the conference in that, that does give credence to Boatright's candidacy this year, but they still need to be close in the standings for him to have a shot (and if they win out I think he will).
sports reference have added 'box score plus/minus' for offense and defense this year, and boat nearly doubles nic moore there. They are both worthy; moore offers intangibles and is SMU's only outside threat, while boatright shoulders pretty much everything scoring wise. Boatright is a better defender and thats clear (moore rarely matched up with him, while boat took the challange). It all depends if we win out though

Reaction Score
My guess is it's disgusting because he doesn't wear a UCONN uniform/comes from a former CUSA school.
And he's a chirpy lil mofo with a knack for elbowing our dudes in the face

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
moore has one more assist than boat, 86% to 83% FT, tied in steals, 44% to 42% 3pt % but shoots one less a game, boat avg 4 more points. head to head boat has demolished moore...moore isn't blowing boat out of the water, if anything moores team is making him seem better instead of moore being better... hamilton should make all conference team his stats support that

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
What annoys me is how much on ball defense is overlooked. Steals are great, but are only a fraction of the importance of defense. On ball defense gets very little love, but completely separates Boatright from Moore. In the eyes of voters, I doubt this will be of much importance, but I think it's what really makes Boat a flat out better player than Moore. Look at last night, Boat shut Moore down and Moore didn't even bother guarding Boat after the and-1 he gave up. Kind of embarrassing looking at their match up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom