Courtney Williams says that UConn is beatable. | The Boneyard

Courtney Williams says that UConn is beatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"I think our mindset is that, they're beatable," Bulls guard Courney Williams said, following her team's 64-46 semifinal win over Temple. "We beat them in the first half, we let up in the third, and they made shots. They're going to do that. We just have to answer. If we could have went bucket for bucket (with them in the second half), we could have won the game. So I think that showed us this team is beatable, and we have the potential to beat them."
http://www.swishappeal.com/2016/3/7/11171454/usf-uconn-aac-tournament-championship-preview

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well everybody needs a Dream and that's a good thought but it aint happenin. You had your chance and this is for all the potatoes and nobody is beating UConn for the rest of the season. Turn out the lights.

Reaction Score
That is a competitor's mindset. If you don't think you can beat somebody why bother even playing the game. Although most teams can't beat UConn, if you are on the floor as a Division 1 athlete I think you should at least think you have a shot.

Reaction Score
"I think our mindset is that, they're beatable," Bulls guard Courney Williams said, following her team's 64-46 semifinal win over Temple. "We beat them in the first half, we let up in the third, and they made shots. They're going to do that. We just have to answer. If we could have went bucket for bucket (with them in the second half), we could have won the game. So I think that showed us this team is beatable, and we have the potential to beat them."
http://www.swishappeal.com/2016/3/7/11171454/usf-uconn-aac-tournament-championship-preview

As the saying goes, "It ain't braggin' if you can do it." Courtney Williams has certainly played like an athlete who can beat UConn. We'll see tonight.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I would expect nothing else from a great basketball player & competitor. If she doesn't think that then what's the point of getting out of bed today? :)

P.S. That's the way an opposing player should present it to the media. Not do something dumb like Epps at KY and guarantee a victory. How did that work out?

Reaction Score
When I get out of bed for work Monday morning, I think this week is going to be better.
By Friday, Nope.
I understand what she's talking about. Hope wells eternal.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
You played your best game, when UConn played their worst, and still got beat by 20, better to leave well enough alone.
She likely is taking a page out of Epps from Kentucky's book.... we all see how that turned out.

Reaction Score
Seems like an old story to me. Remember Shoni Schimmel? How'd that turn out?
They got spanked in the 2013 title game. Faris was so good in her last game, and UConn went on one of its runs about eight minutes in that sent Jude to the bench in tears as Bria sank foul shots to open the lead to 12.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
They got spanked in the 2013 title game. Faris was so good in her last game, and UConn went on one of its runs about eight minutes in that sent Jude to the bench in tears as Bria sank foul shots to open the lead to 12.
I don't recall L'ville getting it to under 20 in the 2nd half. Maybe the game just felt like that much of a blowout...

In fact, I just checked - UCONN was up 19 at the h alf and L'ville never got closer than 17 points the rest of the game. UCONN ended up winning by 31 points that game...

NC Game 2013 UCONN vs. Louisville

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
MOJO.jpg

Seriously, the board has just been beggin for the hammer to drop.

Now repeat after me: We're DOOMED!

Reaction Score
I don't recall L'ville getting it to under 20 in the 2nd half. Maybe the game just felt like that much of a blowout...

In fact, I just checked - UCONN was up 19 at the h alf and L'ville never got closer than 17 points the rest of the game. UCONN ended up winning by 31 points that game...

NC Game 2013 UCONN vs. Louisville
It was a blowout 3/4 of the game. Louisville was up 14-10 at one point, and then Bria hit a pull up jumper and then a steal and layup to tie it at 14. I forget who scored the next 3 points, but I'm pretty sure Stewie then hit a 3 followed by a a foul line jumper, and Louisville took a time out when it was 22-14. The run ended on a Bria spin move that knocked down the Louisville defender and kick out to KML for 3 to make it 29-14 at which point Louisville called another time out with about 9 minutes left in the half but the ball game was over. I think Slaughter came down on the next possession hit a deep 3, then Faris answered with one of her own from the corner. Once Tuck got that easy bucket inside to make it 41-19 you knew it was going to be a blowout that might set a record. UConn also set the record for 3s made in a title game that day with 12. That was the game where Reed hammered Stef with about 7 minutes left in the game, perhaps out of frustration if not retaliation for Doty's flagrant elbow to the face on Bria Smith in the opening minutes of the game.

Reaction Score
Good luck in your game tonight. As much as I respect what FSU has accomplished this year, I expect to see UCONN with a laser-like focus and NCAA tourney attitude and a game that is never in doubt.
Thank you. Same to you - will be watching, and fully expect you will beat Texas to a pulp.

Reaction Score
I respect this young lady's confidence and attempt to motivate her team as the leader she is.........HOWEVER, I hope UCONN sends Miss Williams a message and destroys them by 50!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom