Courant chat is underway with Desmond & Joe D | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Courant chat is underway with Desmond & Joe D

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
11 offensive TDs through 6 games including UMass.

2.8 yards per rush attempt though 6 games including UMass.

The next time someone asks why the meltdown, this is your answer. It has little to do with whether or not our record is 3-3, 4-2, or 5-1 nor that we just lost to Rutgers.

It's that one whole side of the ball isn't representative of NCAA football.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
From the chat:
"Comment From gouconn13
Agree with Welzie. Uconn doesnt have much talents like Rutgers/MD/NCST do. Coach P along with his assistant coaches need to recruits more talents especially need at least two four plus stars player!!"

i needs moar hands's for the facepalms

Reaction Score
Someone asked about Joe Williams and Joe D. responded by asking would it make sense to burn his redshirt half way through the year.

How does our play by play guy not know that he's played specials all year?

will be interesting to see if that's "clarified" in print online or on air. A "my bad" is certainly in order

Reaction Score
Nope - this was the best back and forth!

Comment From TannerK ~ Do you think the Rent will ever mirror the electric, exciting, big-time college atmosphere that was witnessed in South Carolina against Georgia Saturday night? That was amazing....

Joe D'Ambrosio: No..It's the SEC. They have been doing that down there for a long, long time. But I don't know if you saw this but Robert Griffin the Third said the Rent was the toughest road environment he played in during his time at Baylor. Said it seemed like the fans were loud and right on top of you. It can be great there, and it has been. But not all the time.

Desmond: Not until UConn is undefeated, has a 25-year old head coach, 19 year old offensive coordinator and replaces DJ Joey. I think you have to start there.

Joe D'Ambrosio: Wow...DJ Joey Franchise is a colleague of mine at CBS Radio...lol

Reaction Score
Fecunditying Kansas State WINS with the same level of talent we have so far. Ever see how many 3 stars recruits they get? Same as us! This is on the Fecunditying coaching staff!

Bingo, Butch! The Kansas State model is an excellent one and an entirely reasonable for UConn to emulate. We have equal or better resources (comparing state populations, athletic budget, etc.). Tough part is finding the next Bill Snyder.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Unfortunately Des kind of made it clear yesterday that if he asks too many questions that PP doesn't like he'll never get another question answered.

Ding ding ding

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Maybe that's true, it seemed like Jacobs and Edsall were more contentious though

Jacobs hates success. It would not surprise me if he were a big Coach P fan.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Both Dez and Joe are really treating the staff with kid gloves on this chat.

Joe is an employee of WTIC and must be approved by UConn to call the games. He also has to sit in Storrs with PP on the coach's show. His hands are tied.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
My favorite PP comment lately was that he was still talking about the chances that Cohrane plays this year. If that wouldn't be the stupidest thing I've ever seen I don't know what would compare.

Reaction Score
My favorite PP comment lately was that he was still talking about the chances that Cohrane plays this year. If that wouldn't be the stupidest thing I've ever seen I don't know what would compare.

good call. but i think there were far dumber questions/comments

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
good call. but i think there were far dumber questions/comments

Comments sure. Actions... That would be tough to top. The kid would be stupid to even want to play this year so I'm not sure the motivation card even works.

Reaction Score
Comments sure. Actions... That would be tough to top. The kid would be stupid to even want to play this year so I'm not sure the motivation card even works.

Would it be any dumber than playing Samra for a couple of meaningless series against UMass?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Would it be any dumber than playing Samra for a couple of meaningless series against UMass?

Never using him again may be. But a kid who has been hurt in the second half of the season who in no way ready when there are better options?

Reaction Score
Never using him again may be. But a kid who has been hurt in the second half of the season who in no way ready when there are better options?

Yeah, using Cochran now is probably dumber.

Reaction Score
Someone asked about Joe Williams and Joe D. responded by asking would it make sense to burn his redshirt half way through the year.

How does our play by play guy not know that he's played specials all year?

I asked that question in the chat and I followed up it up with that after Joe D responded. Of course my response wasn't chosen to be asked.

Reaction Score
Who was the NECN reporter who asked Parcells a tough question and got a one way ticket out of Boston courtesy of Parcells? Green? I can't remember his first name, but he would often with Mike Adams and talk Patriots football on the air.

Reaction Score
Someone on the chat asked if this year and presumably last year doesn't prove that RE was a better coach. Someone on this board thought that was a stupid question. I don't. RE was a MUCH better game day coach than Coach P. As to recruiting, we'll see. I'm optimistic P will do better recruiting but the jury is out. P's game decisions are baffling and at his age (which is about the same as mine) that's not going to change. At this point we would have at least two more wins last year and likely one more win so far this year if RE was the coach. RE wasn't perfect but based on what I've seen so far, he was/is significantly better than P.

Reaction Score
The fact that you didn't know that

****DOUBLE FACEPALM****

In my defense, i dont pay attention to the chats because i expected dumb questions, and i knew i wouldnt care for it.
I checked it today because i wanted to see if people were as angry as i was.
I didnt get anything out of it, except a headache

Reaction Score
This is my favorite question-observation

Hmm, where were we a year and a half ago ago? hmm, . . . coming off four consecutive seasons of at least eight wins, four consecutive bowl appearances (with one BCS appearance and one win over an SEC team now ranked No. 2 in the country). Yes, it would stink to have to endure that. This is much more fun!

I don't remember people not complaining then. There were calls for Edsall to be fired up until he quit, and then he was torched for how he did it.

Reaction Score
The point is the program was in much better shape in January 2011 than it is now and before it was handed off to the current coach.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't remember people not complaining then. There were calls for Edsall to be fired up until he quit, and then he was torched for how he did it.

They make today's idiots seem like geniuses in comparison.

Reaction Score
Go back to the day we lost 26-0 at Louisville and make that argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom