Courant chat is underway with Desmond & Joe D | The Boneyard

Courant chat is underway with Desmond & Joe D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It isnt. One idiot just asked if this current record proves how great of a coach RE was.

I cant SMH enough right now.

This is why we cant have nice things

Reaction Score
tumblr_m9nto4I21n1qiz7oa.jpg

Reaction Score
Another just asked if Johnny Mac should be playing right now

why am i not dead yet ?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Lol keep posting your reactions... Much better than the actual chat...!

Reaction Score
I wish we had media members in the state other than Jeff Jacobs who were willing to ask a hard question or really take a stand on something. Anything. Hold just anyone a tiny bit accountable. Just once

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Unfortunately Des kind of made it clear yesterday that if he asks too many questions that PP doesn't like he'll never get another question answered.

Reaction Score
Both Dez and Joe are really treating the staff with kid gloves on this chat.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
If they want to continue having something to write about they need to. PP evidently is only willing to step to the plate if the game is slow pitch.

Reaction Score
Jimmy Serrano said:
Both Dez and Joe are really treating the staff with kid gloves on this chat.

When do they not do that? They never have a strong opinion that is ever slightly critical of the staff.

Reaction Score
Jimmy Serrano said:
Dez had plenty of battles with Edsall

Maybe that's true, it seemed like Jacobs and Edsall were more contentious though

Reaction Score
They said the team is being inconsistent. Yet when asked about the coaching they won't say change is necessary and that the players are putting up max effort. So guys what is it???

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Evidently we've had such a dropoff in talent from RE's days here that a quality staff is not capable of stringing two wins together.

Reading that chat felt like I was using sandpaper on my eyeballs.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I don't know if the RE question was serious or a sarcastic joke. I'll give that person the benefit of the doubt and say it was sarcasm.

Reaction Score
Reading the chat again. I think it's fair to say neither of them will just come out and say the coaching sucks, but it seems like they're thinking it.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I remember an Apple commercial about 25 years ago where a senior employee was being scrutinized (by apparantly the CEO) on the difficulties of getting the employees up to speed on the new computers they had just invested in, ending with the CEO claiming another division (who had purchased Macs) did not have this problem (if Apple had powered those computers properly this likely would have been a very successful campaign).

I think of this every time someone speaks about how we need patience and the players need to learn the new system. Too many other systems are implemented within one offseason. If ours takes that much longer perhaps the system needs to be called into question.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
The difference is that Jacobs is paid to give his opinion and Dez is paid to report factually on the team. It's that simple. I'm sure he has plenty of opinions he'd love to share... He can't. So he shares what he can, which is not much. Just a function of his role.

Reaction Score
This is my favorite question-observation

Comment From Welzie
I think our fans need to start realizing that it's just going to take time...if we were capable of being more creative and pulling off bigger plays, the coaches would be running those plays. I was at the Rutgers game and they were just a better team. No sense in calling for the coach's head either; it's only been a little over a season and if they change now we'll just be back where we were a year and a half ago

Hmm, where were we a year and a half ago ago? hmm, . . . coming off four consecutive seasons of at least eight wins, four consecutive bowl appearances (with one BCS appearance and one win over an SEC team now ranked No. 2 in the country). Yes, it would stink to have to endure that. This is much more fun!

Reaction Score
My favorite gem

Comment From Ryan C: ] I think fans are applying a professional sports perception to college football and it just doesn't apply. College football is about building a program, not about individual years, you can't go into each year saying "we're going to win a national championship" or "go to a BCS bowl" because it may not be in the cards. Obviously that's the ideal situation, but in college you don't have 10 or 15 year pros playing in the same system so it may not always be possible. Just because we went to a BCS bowl 2 years ago doesn't mean we should be in one now because its a COMPLETELY different team. Look at Auburn, two years ago won the national championship and last week lost to a spiraling Arkansas team. My point is this isn't the NFL, as fans we support the program, not the team...at max we only get 2 to 3 years good years with these kids and then they move on, but the program always is there......that is what builds tradition

So if I understand this correctly, the program existing is what builds tradition...
I have to respectfully disagree. Building a program involves maintaining a certain level of success (i don't think any one of us reasonably expected to go back to a BCS game this year just because we've been to one before). Maintaining that success provides an ability to grow and retain a fanbase, rather than losing one that is becoming jaded watching wholesale ineptitude on one side of the ball. When a fan base starts to lose faith in the direction of the product they support it less vociferously, and apathy is crushing to growing a brand in football. Every fanbase in the country screams for head coaches and coordinators to be fired when they are not performing their job well.

GDL is not on our hotseat because the talent isn't there (the offensive line is not doing its job), its that his playcalling is clearly detrimental to the offense. At least when a fanbase wants someone gone, it means they care about the team.

As an aside, I did enjoy JoeD and Dez acting as though this was the only logical statement about the team. Of course the fans aren't being reasonable!

Reaction Score
Someone asked about Joe Williams and Joe D. responded by asking would it make sense to burn his redshirt half way through the year.

How does our play by play guy not know that he's played specials all year?

Reaction Score
I screamed at the computer after my last post....then realized i had no more left in me for that chat. I just couldnt take the utter stupidity anymore (for those wondering....utter stupidity is stupidity with udders.....you know, like a cow).

I dont have enough hands to facepalm the amount that should be "facepalmed" (i just made up an awesome new verb) right now. I am convinced we have the dumbest fanbase in the universe (yes, thats right...the team from Uranus University (UU) has a smarter fanbase than us, but their mascot is a giant Anus....so we have them beat there)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom