Confessions of a Rogue LV Fan | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Confessions of a Rogue LV Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Isn't "rogue" and. "LV fan" a redundant use of terminology? ;)

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
I drop by the Boneyard this morning and see the "Real" LV fan has a thread near the top with 2200 views. Meanwhile the "Rogue" LV fan is buried on page two with only 1500 views, so my main objective here is to just bump this thread up because, well, the "Rogue" is more deserving.

The "Rogue" had a legitimate purpose for posting here. Despite assertions to the contrary, there is no doubt that the "Rogue" is indeed an LV van. Fans come in all stripes, they don't all have to be "TonyC" or "stwainfan." The content and nuances reveal the "Rogue" to be a legitimate LV fan. The reason for posting here instead of on the Tennessee pay site is obvious. The "Rogue" would get sympathy for being a frustrated fan of our former rival here, and no sympathy on that other site. This is basic human nature of the good kind.

One might also claim it to be basic human nature why the "Real" LV fan then posted in response, and even why the "Real" fan got more views in a shorter time. Yet this would be basic human nature of the bad kind. For the "Real" fan claimed the "Rogue" to be a liar, showing a complete lack of human understanding, and then took umbrage at being treated like, well, a "Real" LV fan on a former rivals board. That also shows a complete lack of human understanding. Fans are only treated well on rival boards if they are deferring, insightful or humorous. So we have one LV poster who just wants to be understood, and one who is void of understanding. I just wanted to draw some more views again to the one who wanted to be understood.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I drop by the Boneyard this morning and see the "Real" LV fan has a thread near the top with 2200 views. Meanwhile the "Rogue" LV fan is buried on page two with only 1500 views, so my main objective here is to just bump this thread up because, well, the "Rogue" is more deserving.
I think the reason is that most everyone appreciates and agrees with what "rogue" LV fan wrote so there's going to be more "great point" comments. Whereas the UCONN fans are laughing at "Real" LV fan for saying Rogue is either lying and is a UCONN fan in disguise, or that somehow Rogue is not a true LV fan because it's physically impossible for anyone to feel that way.

Reaction Score
this is both comedy and a farce....UCONN fans are supporting a fake TN fan's criticism of their own team while telling the real LV fan that they just don't understand. LOL it's actually funny to me. seriously....:cool:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
this is both comedy and a farce....UCONN fans are supporting a fake TN fan's criticism of their own team while telling the real LV fan that they just don't understand. LOL it's actually funny to me. seriously....:cool:
It's amusing to us as well - that you keep going on and on and on and on with your mistaken believe that it's impossible for a LV fan to have the feelings the rogue poster did. Talk about delusional...:confused:

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score

You have become tedious, boring, redundant, and superciliously repetitive. Why not address the points that were made by Random?

Reaction Score
You have become tedious, boring, redundant, and superciliously repetitive. Why not address the points that were made by Random?

not giving any credence to that position by even responding to it. i'd much rather chat with UCONN fans who can at least be themselves when talking about TN.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
i guess perception is reality.
What proof do we have that you are who you say you are?

His IP address is in Tennessee, unless you are calling our mods liars as well.

Where are you posting from? Probably South Bend. The Irish are a little cranky after the semi's last year.

Reaction Score
lol paranoia is setting in i see. so now i am a ND fan acting like a TN fan, who is criticizing a fake TN fan? this is getting good. i've said my peace on this issue. big games tonight. ready for some actuall BB.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
not giving any credence to that position by even responding to it. i'd much rather chat with UCONN fans who can at least be themselves when talking about TN.

What a cop out.

Let me get this straight.

You won't address his points because you think he is a fake LV fan. And you have no proof other than his point of view on the Lady Vols. And that point of view is contrary to most LV fans so he must be a fake.

Did I miss anything?

Other than your tin foil hat?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
lol paranoia is setting in i see. so now i am a ND fan acting like a TN fan, who is criticizing a fake TN fan? this is getting good. i've said my peace on this issue. big games tonight. ready for some actuall BB.
Parinoia?

I see satire is dead in Tennessee. Or South Bend.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score

Hmmm. Well, I certainly was not going to dignify your posts with a response on your thread, so I appreciate the opportunity to do so here.

Admittedly, I thought that you were perhaps honest in your perception that a fan would not criticize his/her own team. That's not reality, but it could very well be the myopic false "reality" created elsewhere. I thought the genuine target of your ire was the "Rogue" and in a continuing demonstration of your ineptness at understanding human nature thought you should use the same medium as "Rogue" to lash out.

Your responses in "Rogue's" thread have changed my mind. You may or may not be still myopic, but I now suspect part of your intention is to just stir things up a bit on this board. In other words, you are just another average troll. Further reaction to you will serve no purpose.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score

You said your "peace"? no, there was nothing peaceful about the content of your posts, especially when you are trying to discredit someone who no longer posts on the Summitt, but remains a LV fan.

No, you said your piece....such as it is, and my guess is that it was received pretty much as you suspected it would be received. One wonders why you continue after having said what you came to say? Perhaps you are now down to a simple game of "last word".

How silly

Reaction Score
But all UConn fans think the same way. So, if you find someone here that responds in the manner to which you approve, they're not real UConn fans. :confused:

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

lol....given the combatants, this gif is particularly appropriate

RZM33.gif

RandomFan85

A Rogue LV Fan
Reaction Score
okay.. I'll confess. I am really a LV fan, but I lost my card carrying privileges when I lost a game of "Maria Says" over on the Summitt. Maria didn't say "do a reality check."

Reaction Score
Random,
I too used to read and post on The Summitt.That was until I made the GHASTLY decision to actually praise Geno for what he had done and was doing.That pretty much amounts to heresy on that "discussion" board.I was excoriated and pretty much told to move to Connecticut.The Summitt was pretty much getting to be a waste of time since it was mainly a cheerleading site made up of people who cannot grasp reality.People like me who threw away their orange glasses years ago are no longer welcome.
I'm still a huge Lady Vols fan,but I appreciate the efforts and sacrifices that all the young ladies of WCBB make.It's just a sad reality to me that UT is no longer the "killer of giants".We struggle against top teams,and are now the underdog against ANY Top 5 team we face.Maybe Holly can turn things around,but I don't see much more than what we've been doing for the last upteen years.We needed a new vision,but all we did was change the frames of our glasses.

So yes, I am a LV fan. So much that I was a paying member of the Summitt until just recently. But, that board is not worth the cost for a number of reasons I care not to share. I realize that I can never reveal my true identity after today because I do live in Tennessee where speaking negatively of the LV's is a crime punishable by hanging without a trial by jury. But I do have some confessions to make:

1. On UCONN: As much as it sucks for us LV fans, I believe UCONN is putting a very special team on the floor this year. Ask Baylor and BG, anything can happen, but I would be absolutely shocked to see anyone but UCONN cutting down the nets in our back yard. I just hope that if I keep putting this in writing and keep telling myself this now, it will hurt less in April, right? Oh and BTW, I am pretty sure that I am the only person in the state of Tennessee that isn't convinced UCONN is going to waste away and die in the AAC. Even if the AAC is a terrible conference.

2. On Tennessee: Where to start? Quite frankly I think that the best thing for us would have been a breath of fresh air so to speak after Pat's retirement. Yes, I realize that Holly led the team to the E8 and a regular season championship. I'm not calling for her to be fired by any means. Holly was an outstanding and loyal assistant coach and yes she should have been rewarded for being such. However, it would be nice to see a coach whose vocabulary includes more than two words: Defense and Rebounding. A leader with a different perspective could have done us wonders.

3. On Recruiting: M. Russell is a good pickup for us, but as a #1 recruit, she is not the game changer that #1's like Moore, EDD, Parker, and Stewie are. She and Graves are a strong front court, but the only way they will ever get the ball is by rebounding Simmons and Massengale's bricks. It doesn't appear that our back court players are every going to learn how to get them the ball. I hope I am wrong, but I think it's the same song, different verse when it comes to our back court this year.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Random,
I too used to read and post on The Summitt.That was until I made the GHASTLY decision to actually praise Geno for what he had done and was doing.That pretty much amounts to heresy on that "discussion" board.I was excoriated and pretty much told to move to Connecticut.The Summitt was pretty much getting to be a waste of time since it was mainly a cheerleading site made up of people who cannot grasp reality.People like me who threw away their orange glasses years ago are no longer welcome.
I'm still a huge Lady Vols fan,but I appreciate the efforts and sacrifices that all the young ladies of WCBB make.It's just a sad reality to me that UT is no longer the "killer of giants".We struggle against top teams,and are now the underdog against ANY Top 5 team we face.Maybe Holly can turn things around,but I don't see much more than what we've been doing for the last upteen years.We needed a new vision,but all we did was change the frames of our glasses.
Yeah, you didn't even change accents or hair styles.

RandomFan85

A Rogue LV Fan
Reaction Score
Random,

Oh wow. Its nice to see a fellow LV fan who has shunned the Summitt and lived to tell about it, lol.

Reaction Score
Oh wow. Its nice to see a fellow LV fan who has shunned the Summitt and lived to tell about it, lol.
More proof that not all LV fans are like those posters on the Summitt.

Welcome to the board, RandomFan85!
Welcome back, Jeff. I've missed reading your posts but am glad to see you're still around.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
More proof that not all LV fans are like those posters on the Summitt.

Welcome to the board, RandomFan85!
Welcome back, Jeff. I've missed reading your posts but am glad to see you're still around.
Hardly. We ALL know now that the TWO of them are not real Tennessee fans. It's impossible!!

Reaction Score

In true LV fashion, they have no logical answers for some legit concerns with their program, so they just change the focus to something else. #ThisIsTennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom