Commit #8 - Jasen (Jay) Rose (QB/TE) - Southington HS, Southington CT | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Commit #8 - Jasen (Jay) Rose (QB/TE) - Southington HS, Southington CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
jacobscourant 3:39pm via Twitter for iPhone
At Southington for Jason Rose signing. He said he plans to play tight end at UConn.
Wasn't it said multiple times thst he was recruited being told he'd have a shot at the QB spot? Was that all smoke and this was known the whole time? Interesting development and glad to see as the QB position seems very full.

Reaction Score
Wasn't it said multiple times thst he was recruited being told he'd have a shot at the QB spot? Was that all smoke and this was known the whole time? Interesting development and glad to see as the QB position seems very full.

I'm not sure if that was ever reported ... as much as it was speculated in the media and on the yard. I think that most posters believed that UCONN had to sweeten the pot in order to sway him away from Syracuse and Wisconsin. Based on today's results the offer of QB play maybe never really needed to be made. Other major programs, and alleged major programs, viewed him as a TE and it appears HCBD did too.

I'm pretty sure the plan all along was TE ... or F ... ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Now That It's Official, Southington's Rose Can't Wait To Put On UConn Uniform
http://www.courant.com/sports/high-...n-rose-signing-uconn-0204-20160203-story.html
CaVH-CIWEAQwIxf.jpg

Reaction Score
What is position? TE/WR hybrid? If he can contribute early as a TE then put him on the field, if you move him to QB in a couple years (when Shirrefs is gone) because he's then your best option then that's what you do. But we have to put playmakers on the field.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Diaco specifically compared it to how Indy utilized Dallas Clark in the press conference today. He was very high on Rose and his potential to contribute.

Rose looks like a beast.

I love him and Meyers at TE

Reaction Score
Donovan Williams some point at QB, paired with Jay Rose at TE, and Skanes at slot is going to be hell of fun to watch. Hopefully the O-Line shapes up so we can see these kids make some big plays. It all starts up front with the big uglies. Oh let's not forget the two RB's from Texas and Florida. Wow! I'm really excited about this class. I know I'm known for not liking kids with low stars, but I really like these kids a lot. #GoHuskies2016

Reaction Score
All I needed to know about Jay was at the beginning of his Junior season. He was flushed out of the pocket & tackled out of bounds, landing on his shoulder. From the stands, I thought he had separated it, but it was a stinger. He sat out the rest of the game, watching & advising his backup. The next week he was back, en route to an all state season. Tough as nails & team oriented.

Reaction Score
I think many of us were under the assumption that one of the main reasons he committed was to compete at the QB position. The fact that he's coming in as a TE (or "F", whatever) says a lot about the job Diaco did recruiting this kid. That offer list is no joke.

Reaction Score
I think many of us were under the assumption that one of the main reasons he committed was to compete at the QB position. The fact that he's coming in as a TE (or "F", whatever) says a lot about the job Diaco did recruiting this kid. That offer list is no joke.
He gets kids excited and then they are loyal to him. This class reinforces last year. I think with an 8+ win season we can keep most of the top kids from Connecticut and maybe pull in a couple of 4 star recruits who connect really well with diaco. Maybe 1-2 of the 2017 kids that the new wide receiver coach was recruiting at Michigan.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
He was running routes and throwing to Morin the other week. Looked good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom