Commit #8 - Jasen (Jay) Rose (QB/TE) - Southington HS, Southington CT | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Commit #8 - Jasen (Jay) Rose (QB/TE) - Southington HS, Southington CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Holy frack! Damn it feels REAL GOOD to be excited for our future once again!!

This is truly great news for UCONN! It will be nteresting to see the competition between Jason and Tyler Davis. As they say, iron sharpens iron! Nice problem to have. Remember this last year?

Reaction Score
This is truly great news for UCONN! It will be nteresting to see the competition between Jason and Tyler Davis. As they say, iron sharpens iron! Nice problem to have. Remember this last year?

Um, let's not forget we have a guy by the name of Shirreffs for a couple more years. He looks pretty fair so far.

Reaction Score
Um, let's not forget we have a guy by the name of Shirreffs for a couple more years. He looks pretty fair so far.
The depth at Qb will allow Jay Rose the time he needs to develop as a qb...hopefully redshirt. We haven't seen this kind of quality depth at Qb in a LONG time. Next season there will be Sheriffs (RS Jr), Boyle (Sr), Anderson (Sr), Davis (RS Fr), Jasen Rose (Fr), and Donovan Williams (Fr) as scholarship qb's with Bisack (RS Fr) as a walk-on

Reaction Score
The depth at Qb will allow Jay Rose the time he needs to develop as a qb...hopefully redshirt. We haven't seen this kind of quality depth at Qb in a LONG time. Next season there will be Sheriffs (RS Jr), Boyle (Sr), Anderson (Sr), Davis (RS Fr), Jasen Rose (Fr), and Donovan Williams (Fr) as scholarship qb's with Bisack (RS Fr) as a walk-on
depth has been an issue for the last few seasons at almost every position, but most importantly QB. This is exciting to see.

Reaction Score
This appears to be a great pick-up with UConn winning out over some pretty good D-1 teams. What I noticed, aside from an accurate throwing arm, was the way he seemed to step over several would-be tacklers on his way to scoring a touchdown. I mean, they went down to make a low tackle on him and he literally lifted his lead leg up and stepped over the defender like he was clearing a hurdle. Haven't seen to many qbs do that before. Michael Vick comes to mind, though I make no comparison there. Just an observation. Anyway, "great pick".

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Welcome to the Dog Pound, Jay!!! :cool:
Living in town with the Rose's I gotta say they are a classy family and he is a kid that won't disappoint, glad he chose Uconn what a relief! He's a monster of a kid to see in person think 6-3 is an understatement I think more like 6'6" saw him at one of the girls varsity basketball games and he towered over me and I'm 5'11", cheers to the future hopefully he's a big part!

Reaction Score
Jasen - Awesome decision to help bring your state team into the limelight.

I have total respect for you and wish you well. The chance to bring us back to a top tier bowl game and a bid to a major conference will put your name in history next to the BB legends. Right now our FB legends are few and we need more. Thanks, and the State will totally support you. The future is (was going to put rosy) BRIGHT.

Reaction Score
Southington up on Htfd Public 48-9 in the 3rd. Rose has 6 touchdowns.

Per Record Journal - "UConn-bound QB Jasen Rose [threw] six touchdown passes for the second straight game. Three went to fellow senior Austin Morin. Ryan Montalvo, Alessio Diana and Anthony Plantamuro were also Rose recipients."

Reaction Score

Um, Davis will undoubtedly be Red Shirted this year. 2016 will be Shirreffs Junior year. Rose could be Red Shirted in 2016 setting up 2018 for the year that they would really compete for the starting job assuming Shirreffs remains the starter for 2016 and 2017 which at this point is the situation.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Any reason why he's still listed as a two star tight end on Rivals?...

Reaction Score
It's Rivals. Just look at their track history. How soon we forget helicopter guy & that slime ball who were their on-line "experts". Denigrating everything UConn to put the Thunderchickens in the best light. Calling Robbie Frey a terrible waste of a scholarship. Forget them. They don't do their homework. They just like to prognosticate & challenge those who don't agree with their "expertise". Idiots.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Because he verballed to UConn. Had he verballed to a SEC school or B1G school he'd magically become a 4 star QB.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Southington 55, Simsbury 13 -- Jay Rose was 9 of 14 for 208 yards and three touchdowns with no interceptions. Looks like he played only 3 quarters?

If my math is correct - through 3 partially played games.

Rose is 32 of 46 for 765yds and 15TDs w/ no interceptions.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Southington 55, Simsbury 13 -- Jay Rose was 9 of 14 for 208 yards and three touchdowns with no interceptions. Looks like he played only 3 quarters?

If my math is correct - through 3 partially played games.

Rose is 32 of 46 for 765yds and 15TDs w/ no interceptions.

And, he was taken out of the 3rd quarter in the first three games. Just imagine if he wasn't. Kid is having a hell of a year so far.

Reaction Score
Southington 61 - Hall 26

Jasen Rose was 14-20 for 360 yards, throwing for four scores and running for two.

Austin Morin had six catches for 209 yards and one rush for 80 yards, accounting for three scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom