Colorado | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Colorado

Reaction Score
Michigan State had a big one year turn around with a big portal class a few years ago, only to see the success crumble. Florida State has basically built their current year team by the portal, and along with a 6th year QB has had a big season. I will be curious to see what happens to them moving forward, because their roster looks to be severely weakened next season.

To me, the number one thing that can be gained from the portal is finding a really good QB. It's hard to evaluate these kids out of high school, but it is a lot easier when you can watch a kid who has played for a few years at a program that maybe isn't as "prestigious", etc.

Yep...the Portal can fill holes...and as you mentioned, a team can be turned around quickly like at FSU...when you upgrade talent at WR, TE, DE, RB, etc.

But...long term, high school recruiting is still important... but maybe not as important as holding on to the guys who do develop...(I noted that FSU's 2024 class is #3 Rivals class...but how many will still be there as juniors ?).

Reaction Score
I mean the team went from 1 win to 4 wins. They were predicted to only win 1 game this year and showed flashes of a high octane offense. I'd still say that's a pretty successful first season for Sanders at Colorado. Sure they lost the entire second half of the schedule, but no one expected them to be even close to what they were this season. There's a lot to build off of.

Reaction Score
I mean the team went from 1 win to 4 wins. They were predicted to only win 1 game this year and showed flashes of a high octane offense. I'd still say that's a pretty successful first season for Sanders at Colorado. Sure they lost the entire second half of the schedule, but no one expected them to be even close to what they were this season. There's a lot to build off of.

You’re not paying attention.

Reaction Score
Colorado got an enormous push from beating a team that was in the CFP Final last year (TCU)...but TCU is having a sub .500 season and, it turns out, is not quite the scalp that it first appeared to be.

Reaction Score
Exactly, that was my point too. I have no clue whether they will go forward or backward next year. But any way you look at it, it was a pretty decent first step.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Exactly, that was my point too. I have no clue whether they will go forward or backward next year. But any way you look at it, it was a pretty decent first step.
That or a dead cat bounce.

Reaction Score
I think next year we won't see them improve in terms of wins or losses. I think if there is improvement it'll be more competitive games against all opponents.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think next year we won't see them improve in terms of wins or losses. I think if there is improvement it'll be more competitive games against all opponents.
Even so, wasn't Prime's kid a main factor in those early wins? That one that ended up with a broken back?

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
If not for 2 touchdowns called back in error imo they could have beaten Utah on the road this week.

Reaction Score
You really should follow the news better. They lost the last 8 of 9.

Sanders benched his play caller Offensive Coordinator for Pat freaking Schermer who was worse.

Shedeur sat out the last game because of “injuries”.

A Five Star QB just decommitted today.

So many other issues. They are on the precipice of some pretty embarrassing stuff.
Deion went from most of the sports world rooting for him and Colorado to most of the sports world rooting against him and Colorado. It's always been all about him and it seems that trait fell to his QB son too, it gets old really fast especially when you can't back it up.

Reaction Score
I think they will take a step back. Too many decommits. Prime is crying about NIL, he is openly contemptuous of his players.

It’s a budding disaster.

Look at this from yesterday.

I think you're trying to get me to like Coach Prime. That was the most believable thing I ever heard him say. (Though without hearing the question, we don't really know the context...I suspect the question had something to do with a kid decommitting)

It's funny though, that the guy who thought rules only applied to the other guy wants the new kids to follow the rules.

Reaction Score
Colorado is already infinitely better than what literally everyone predicted. Yeah it was a bad loss, but Deion still hasn’t brought in a full recruiting class or had a full offseason to work things through. They’d hang 70 on us before the third quarter ended
and 45 days later...........

Reaction Score
I get it. We don't like him. Very unConnecticut. I do not like him either. But he has made a start is all I am saying. And anyone on this board who claims insight on what will happen to them next year is just expressing an opinion which holds as much water as many of our bladders. Might I suggest another topic slightly less inane?

Reaction Score
I think the "dead cat bounce" is referring to investment jargon in which a previously declining stock makes a gain, but a short lived one before again declining.

Reaction Score
I think the "dead cat bounce" is referring to investment jargon in which a previously declining stock makes a gain, but a short lived one before again declining.
My post wasn't serious, as denoted by the smiley face. But thanks for the addition to the lexicon

Reaction Score
My generation doesn't use those little faces...so I don't notice them...use a "sarcasm font"...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom