Coaching Carousel 2017 (merged threads) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Coaching Carousel 2017 (merged threads)

Reaction Score
It was building up what went on behind the scenes, the departure of some players, the results, and also what she did to a player a few years ago, a former HS teammate of KML . I have spoken to a few players, and their families, who were at USC for the past four years, not one liked her.

Was it Jordan Adams?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Agree. I was there a few years ago for a day game. Just sat on the lawn and looked at the Pacific before going to the game. Very relaxing. Of course, the drive back to the OC on PCH, I-10 and I-405 ruined all of the tranquil moments that were gained before the game.
By the way, that coach should have been gone, or never hired. He hired an assistant coach, that never should have been allowed to be around young athletes. He also lost the Ogwumike sisters(younger ones).

I take it you don't mean DeLisha Milton-Jones?:rolleyes:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
If you are interested in DI coaching changes, you can go to:

List of current NCAA Division I women's basketball coaches

Click twice on "First season" to sort the list by year, so current vacancies and new coaches will be at the top.

If anyone knows of omissions in the list, please bring it to my attention.

Miami of Ohio is replacing both its men's and women' coaches:
John Cooper, Cleve Wright out as Miami RedHawks coaches

BTW, I posted this news and link over on McGraw's Bench, as well. Thanks for the tool!

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
It's being rumored now that Cam Newbauer of Belmont is headed to Florida.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Was it Jordan Adams?
No, not what I mentioned above. Although I dont think Jordan Adams and CCD are going to be seen eating dinner together anytime in the future. Also, I doubt Jordan's younger sister, Jayda, ever considered USC as long as Cooper was there.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
If you are interested in DI coaching changes, you can go to:

List of current NCAA Division I women's basketball coaches

Click twice on "First season" to sort the list by year, so current vacancies and new coaches will be at the top.

If anyone knows of omissions in the list, please bring it to my attention.

Illinois WBB Coach Matt Bollant Relieved of duties. Fighting Illini join Miami of Ohio as D1 programs that have let Men's and Women's coaches go in 2017.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
That was predicted somewhere (maybe this thread, for all I know). The dismissal on both sides of the game, I mean.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Nothing like a clean sweep, and a fresh start to right the ship. The atmosphere in and around the Illinois women's program has got to be better beginning this summer, once a new coaching staff is hired.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I am only slightly surprised. The buyout total (for all sports) continues to escalate here in chilly central Illinois.

On the other hand, the apathy toward U of I sports here is quite noticeable. Whitman had to do something. I just thought he might wait another year to pull the plug.

Last edited:

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
When I first saw the thread title, I thought: "Great, now if they can eject their fans and their very conditional support, they'll have a shot."

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Illinois hasn't even been remotely relevant since Theresa Grentz was at the helm. She's back coaching now, at Lafayette College; I wonder if she'd consider returning to Illinois.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Illinois hasn't even been remotely relevant since Theresa Grentz was at the helm. She's back coaching now, at Lafayette College; I wonder if she'd consider returning to Illinois.

She was a darling of the local media and fans - at first. But, she became overbearing and downright arrogant during the latter phase of her employment here. This wouldn't have been so much of a problem had she won more games. Attendance dwindled, fans looked at other UI sports (Volleyball, MBB, and football enjoyed brief surges of success), and the WBB program started on a downhill trajectory from which it obviously has never recovered. So, no. I doubt she'd be welcomed back. Of course, I could be wrong.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Bollant's firing should have happened before the season started. This firing didn't take any kind of prescience.

Very true. My angle was simply that the AA was up to its posterior in contract buyout expenses. They wait one year, they save two million. They didn't wait, for reasons that we and they thought reasonable enough. So be it.

Reaction Score
The University of Illinois may be the most financially-stressed of all the top-tier public universities and now they're paying more for fired coaches. Bread and circuses.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
The University of Illinois may be the most financially-stressed of all the top-tier public universities and now they're paying more for fired coaches. Bread and circuses.

Correct, yet they would tell us that the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is funded without state money. This may or may not be 100% true, but even if it is true, it seems to me that there is a tremendous waste of scarce resources happening here. And it's been happening here with notable frequency.

Reaction Score
Hmm, just noticed that the Long Beach St coach has done a good job AND she was an assistant and recruiting coordinator at USC in the mid-00s.

That Long Beach St coach is really enhancing her resume with today's performance.

Plebe

Reaction Score
That Long Beach St coach is really enhancing her resume with today's performance.
Maybe she gets a look for the USC job?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Maybe she gets a look for the USC job?
Maybe. However, I dont think she gets it. One of the "preferred requirements" that USC was looking for(on the job listing they had) was NCAA Tournament experience. Today was Wynn's first and only game in the Dance. Probably not enough.
I did hear a name of someone USC is considering, and I am not mentioning who until the entire tournament is done(dont want any distractions out there) of a person who has tournament experience and has some experience in the State of Connecticut.
If USC makes the change before the entire tournament is over I would be surprised.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom