Co-eds are the cure for the summertime blues... | The Boneyard

Co-eds are the cure for the summertime blues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Hadn't seen those library cubicles in a long time. Kind of made me feel queasy.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Hadn't seen those library cubicles in a long time. Kind of made me feel queasy.

Sounds like you need a Sea Hag.

Reaction Score
your welcome
uconn21_display_image_display_image.jpg

Reaction Score
Here:
Alabama Sorority Recruitment Video Is Both the Best and Worst Thing Ever:

Love the Huskies but...

It's kinda disturbing that video is considered so controversial. The girls aren't doing anything racy outside of dressing how I'm sure they always dress but because they're pretty girls on the Internet it's a big deal.

Reaction Score
It's kinda disturbing that video is considered so controversial. The girls aren't doing anything racy outside of dressing how I'm sure they always dress but because they're pretty girls on the Internet it's a big deal.
Just lol. It's deeper than that.

People are upset because it demonstrates an utter lack of diversity in the sorority in question

But I saw a few brunettes and I'm sure I saw one chick who was half Asian.

Reaction Score
Here:
There's this awful stereotype that Southern women work a lot harder to look good compared to women up north.
And this video pretty much confirms that that stereotype is based on verifiable evidence.

Reaction Score
There's this awful stereotype that Southern women work a lot harder to look good compared to women up north.
And this video pretty much confirms that that stereotype is based on verifiable evidence.
Yeah living in New England my whole adult life thus far, I haven't met a lot of girls who put on sh-tloads of makeup and stuff. And they certainly don't clean up like Southern chicks do.

Not that I have a problem with either necessarily

Reaction Score
It's kinda disturbing that video is considered so controversial.

It's the fact that they're all white in a southern greek organization, I assume.

Reaction Score
I prefer my eye candy to have "variety" packaging, and preferably racially ambiguous:p
World might be better, more tolerant, if we were all cafe ole;)

Last edited:

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Here:

Love the Huskies but...

I think about this constantly...why didn't I go to an SEC school??

Reaction Score
I think about this constantly...why didn't I go to an SEC school??
Back in the mid 90s, some UConn dorms were comparable, especially at Frats. In a matter of time, UConn will develop an SEC/Big Ten culture.

"Oh, I got my bachelor's at UConn and my master's at Rutgers and my Ph D at Penn State...." :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Just lol. It's deeper than that.

People are upset because it demonstrates an utter lack of diversity in the sorority in question

But I saw a few brunettes and I'm sure I saw one chick who was half Asian.
I see ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG in their video. Just absolutely gorgeous young females in a sorority. They should be able to let in whom they want and if its just other gorgeous blonde coeds, then so be it. As long as these ladies are students in good standing with the university then I see absolutely no problem.

Reaction Score
I prefer my eye candy to have "variety" packaging, and preferably racially ambiguous:p
World might be better, more tolerant, if we were all cafe ole;)

Sorry, not trying to be a jerk but genuinely want you to know the right spelling, and of course disregard if you were writing that to be funny, but its "Café au lait" in French

Reaction Score
I see ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG in their video. Just absolutely gorgeous young females in a sorority. They should be able to let in whom they want and if its just other gorgeous blonde coeds, then so be it. As long as these ladies are students in good standing with the university then I see absolutely no problem.
You don't think it in any way may discourage a non-white girl from seeking to join?

Reaction Score
You don't think it in any way may discourage a non-white girl from seeking to join?

No more, no less than an AKA rush video would do the reverse.;)

I apologize for posting a video that is being taken beyond it's intended purpose of answering the question of "where are the co-eds").

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I don't think there is any mystery that that is the intent, as corroborated by several members of UA sororities:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/13/us/sorority-exposes-its-rejection-of-black-candidate.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/19/nytnow/sorority-video-generates-charges-of-discrimination.html

Last summer, a group of sorority members from the university spoke out about the problem to Marie Claire.

“We were told we do not take black girls because it would be bad for our chapter — our reputation and our status,” Yardena Wolf, a member of the school’s Alpha Omicron Pi chapter told the magazine.

It is definitely still a very different culture, as yesterday's news reinforces:

http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/index.ssf/2015/08/alabama_cheer_coach_resigns_am.html

We've been considering southern universities for our oldest daughter and that was an issue that concerned me, so in the past six months I have been engaging people from all walks for their thoughts and experiences.

Most striking to me was a recent conversation with an acquaintance whose daughter is attending UA as a freshman this fall. Her daughter, who is very much into competitive cheerleading, wanted a big southern university with a strong Greek system. I started to explain my concerns about diversity in the south and she cut me off, figuring she knew where I was going, but she was wrong by 180°, as she explained, "Oh, I know what you mean. That was our concern, too, but when we visited we were very impressed with how segregated it is. I mean, of course many of the athletes are black, but other than that it is really a safe, clean and protected environment where there is not much interaction with locals, etc."

I let the conversation tail off soon after that, as we were conveniently interrupted by someone about something else, and we were on the sidelines of a sporting event and I didn't know where to go from there without making it extremely uncomfortable.

I don't expect to change anyone's mind about what they believe or want for their kids, but suffice to say that the video does not depict an environment where I want my daughter to attend college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom