Cincy's new AD | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cincy's new AD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So, the guy spent 8+ years at Colorado, got them in to the Pac-12 and upgraded facilities. And he didn't have any NCAA or school infractions or violations during his time there.

And he still got fired/forced resignation?

Must have been a bundle of joy to work with on a daily basis.
....and they absolutely suck in every sport.

caw

Reaction Score
I get it. You don't like my answer ... because I show you that this is a complex process (one that our PURE demographics don't push in). I don't like most anything you've ever written. And I'm willing to say that I grandfather ALL your writings before the Boneyard ... and give you future rights on all you are going to write.

I have to say he has a bit of a point here. UL was taken without all those complex issues. If they needed half of the things UConn is perceived to need, they would be waiting until 2050.

On the flipside, what you lay out sounds more like entry to the B1G, I agree they seem to have the standards you ascribe to needing. The ACC, they are a fickle bunch with no clear strategy.

Reaction Score
The criteria keeps changing.

Football? We don't beat Louisville in Football. We just don't ... and please don't point out our Wins over them. They have a solid football profile while ours is really newby. Our fanbase is less solid. Our recruiting territory and National brand (in football) is less solid.

I am laying out entry into the B1G; but, also pointing out that we shouldn't leave anything to chance. I am not one to beat Warde for going to St. Thomas to watch basketball while the ACC was deciding. But, the lesson should be loud & clear: you need to have strong relationships all around. We need to be better in Academics. We need to build and foster a fanbase (that frankly looks a little tired). All of it.

caw

Reaction Score
The criteria keeps changing.

Football? We don't beat Louisville in Football. We just don't ... and please don't point out our Wins over them. They have a solid football profile while ours is really newby. Our fanbase is less solid. Our recruiting territory and National brand (in football) is less solid.

I am laying out entry into the B1G; but, also pointing out that we shouldn't leave anything to chance. I am not one to beat Warde for going to St. Thomas to watch basketball while the ACC was deciding. But, the lesson should be loud & clear: you need to have strong relationships all around. We need to be better in Academics. We need to build and foster a fanbase (that frankly looks a little tired). All of it.

I agree, though it's not like UL was some amazing football team either. It's not Bama, UMass difference. UConn may not move the needle at all on football, but UL doesn't move it a lot.

The ACC just has zero strategy, which is kind of funny because they started most of this mess.

Edit: I guess they made some good bball moves, can you imagine how bad they would be in basketball without Cuse and Pitt this year. Talking Duke and UVA as tournament teams.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
....and they absolutely suck in every sport.

He fundraised to build a new basketball practice facility and hired Tad Boyle who got Colorado to the NCAA tournament the past two years.

Reaction Score
When you go to the circus, what is the BEST act you see? CLOWNS.

Therefore, good move.

QED

Reaction Score
Places like Cincy need to get noticed to get considered. But places like UConn can't act like they are too cool to lobby either. that's what Warde did the last time.
Actually you just made that up.

Louisville, which was considered the longest of long shots in the beginning
Yep, another made up "fact".

UConn, too cool to lobby.
Again, based upon no evidence.

Rutgers made no secret of its courting the Big for a decade.
More made up nonsense

You did manage to correctly identify the conference that each team is in. Props on that.

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
if for some reason we can't get into the acc, big 10, big 12, or the sec, would going back to the big east and independent in football be a way to get into a better conference? i remember someone posting a comment from a website where someone from i think UK said that the sec should go after uconn to bring up their bball conference

Reaction Score
The American will be fine for us in FB for the time being. Not like we are going to dominate.

Reaction Score
The American will be fine for us in FB for the time being. Not like we are going to dominate.
I can't agree with this although you are right about the football aspect but we have a tremendous amount to offer a big conference. I will take the SEC in a hearbeat but i know it's not likely. Warde and Susan need to put together a road show.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Cincy is in a better position for the B12 only because they are on the geographic outskirts of what that conference would consider. UConn has very little chance of getting in the B12 without more northeastern partners, and the likeliest ones (Pitt, Rutgers) found better landing spots. Don't forget, Pitt and the B12 were going to be the big thing before Pitt went to the ACC and WVU got rejected by the SEC before they went to the B12. If the B12 expands, Cincy is a likely addition if they can also add BYU, there is not a single thing WM or anyone can do to improve our chances short of moving Storrs to a location between Ohio and Texas. On the positive side, I have to think that the B12 looked at the possibility of adding Louisville and Cincy when they added WVU and decided against that, though people ding them for not grabbing Louisville first I think they're going to wait a couple years to see how it plays out. And I believe that UConn has a better shot at the ACC and B1G than Cincy, and that if either of them make a move it will not be because of public statements.

Reaction Score
His stated goal "get the bearcats into a better conference". He's up front and public about it. I want an AD that's working 24/7 to do that for us both publically and privately.

I am not an English major but this kind of journalism is clearly not what we would expect from a professional source. We have a quote, but no question; even the quote itself is allegedly given as his. Perhaps the 2nd rate journalist shouted: 'Mr AD would you like to see Cinn in a top 5 conf. at some point?' 'Oh yes of course ...' And the idea that he might have been responsible for getting Colo in the Pacific conf is bit much-- it certainly happened on his watch; however, even a novice to the scene know that Colo was always a natural expansion target for that conf. It would have happened even if he were against it. None of this is to say anything neg. against him-- because we cannot extrapl. from the article what he said and what was the question.
The idea that we have improved in academics, etc and that these things have been for naught is BS. We look better today then yesterday. We cannot willed ourselves into a P5. It might be that the ACC or the B12 will take Cinn over us and others-- all based on the goals they have.

Reaction Score
I can't agree with this although you are right about the football aspect but we have a tremendous amount to offer a big conference. I will take the SEC in a hearbeat but i know it's not likely. Warde and Susan need to put together a road show.

Really. You can go to the SEC as a desperate measure. Not me. Already the traveling is a disaster and we have nothing in common with them. And the B12 is similarly positioned. How about the P12? In reality it is the ACC and the B10. The ACC because they have a northern group. The B10 because they have a good balance of academics and sports-- even though I harbor some reservations about their FB fanaticism and whether we could ever fake much less match it. We are caught between the southern and mid-western cultures, while the P12 is too far to make sense and, the B12 just seems too much of a temporary or a school away from unravelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom