Cincy's new AD | The Boneyard

Cincy's new AD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
His stated goal "get the bearcats into a better conference". He's up front and public about it. I want an AD that's working 24/7 to do that for us both publically and privately.

Reaction Score
He didn't actually say that did he?
http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400496991

Two hours before tip-off, Cincinnati introduced Mike Bohn as its next athletic director. His top priority: Get the Bearcats into a better conference. Cincinnati and Connecticut tried to move to the Atlantic Coast Conference, but were rebuffed. Instead, Louisville will move from the American Athletic into the ACC next season.

More here: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/...-mike-bohn-to-replace-babcock-try-for-bigger/

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400496991

Two hours before tip-off, Cincinnati introduced Mike Bohn as its next athletic director. His top priority: Get the Bearcats into a better conference. Cincinnati and Connecticut tried to move to the Atlantic Coast Conference, but were rebuffed. Instead, Louisville will move from the American Athletic into the ACC next season.

More here: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/...-mike-bohn-to-replace-babcock-try-for-bigger/
Wow

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Did you see all those empty seats?

Reaction Score
Why does Manuel have to come out and say we want into a P5 conference? Everyone already knows this. If he keeps saying it will it magically happen? We realistically only fit into 2 conferences, the ACC and the Big. When they are ready to expand again I'm sure they know we would jump at the proposal to join. It won't help if Manuel shouts this from the Mountain top.

Reaction Score
Why does Manuel have to come out and say we want into a P5 conference? Everyone already knows this. If he keeps saying it will it magically happen? We realistically only fit into 2 conferences, the ACC and the Big. When they are ready to expand again I'm sure they know we would jump at the proposal to join. It won't help if Manuel shouts this from the Mountain top.
Don't be an idiot dude. Obviously the when the ACC and B1G expand they are going to count the number of times the respective schools have stated in the national media that they want to get in a better conference, and those with the highest counts will get to go. It's just common sense.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Don't be an idiot dude. Obviously the when the ACC and B1G expand they are going to count the number of times the respective schools have stated in the national media that they want to get in a better conference, and those with the highest counts will get to go. It's just common sense.
Teh sarcasm! It burns!

Reaction Score
Cincy's new hire looks unimpressive to say the least. It's silly that some of our fans are still ripping Manuel, pretty much all of this has been out of his control and I'm confident he's working his tail off to get us in a better conference.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Mike Bohn was a tire fire at Colorado.

Reaction Score
Cincy just hired a clown to be their athletic director.
I agree. He is a clown. I see nothing wrong with quietly working for opportunities to get into another conference. But to state it publicly is stupid. Its kind of like announcing at a family dinner that you are trying to get into a better family.

Reaction Score
His stated goal "get the bearcats into a better conference". He's up front and public about it. I want an AD that's working 24/7 to do that for us both publically and privately.

Some Football Coaches used Helicopters flying to NJ high schools to get recruits; some Athletic Directors put advertising on NYC taxicabs.

We are going to EARN our way into a Better Conference because we are (i.) going to upgrade our academic profile immensely through our focus on STEM and increasing our research capability; (ii.) proving that we (WE) have a strong fanbase that reaches throughout our State (including Fairfield County) and into NYC and the rest of New England (well into Vermont, Western/Central MA, NH, RI); and (iii.) WINNING in all sports (including National Titles).

All that other TALK ... I think is a lot of hot air.

You can be a Drama Queen and spout it ad infinitum ... I frankly don't care. This PROCESS is more complex than lobbying a few friends or making loud noise.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Cincy just hired a clown to be their athletic director.

The problem is, most other schools have clowns for AD's too. It will be interesting to see who ends up ahead in 5 years: UConn who is hiring for "character" and having admissions standards, professional administrators, blah blah blah; or UC who hired his idiot and Tubs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Some Football Coaches used Helicopters flying to NJ high schools to get recruits; some Athletic Directors put advertising on NYC taxicabs.

We are going to EARN our way into a Better Conference because we are (i.) going to upgrade our academic profile immensely through our focus on STEM and increasing our research capability; (ii.) proving that we (WE) have a strong fanbase that reaches throughout our State (including Fairfield County) and into NYC and the rest of New England (well into Vermont, Western/Central MA, NH, RI); and (iii.) WINNING in all sports (including National Titles).

All that other TALK ... I think is a lot of hot air.

You can be a Drama Queen and spout it ad infinitum ... I frankly don't care. This PROCESS is more complex than lobbying a few friends or making loud noise.

Or maybe we just need to schmooze the top Athletic Directors. It worked for TCU...

Reaction Score
Here's the thing. As when the ACC last added a team, UConn would look to be the favorite for both that league and maybe a 1B type for the Big 10. Places like Cincy need to get noticed to get considered. But places like UConn can't act like they are too cool to lobby either. that's what Warde did the last time. Louisville, which was considered the longest of long shots in the beginning, made enough noise to become the logical choice. UConn, too cool to lobby, lost out. It is a little bit tricky, but if you look at the teams that ultimately got into new leagues, Rutgers made no secret of its courting the Big for a decade. Syracuse courted the ACC ever since they lost out to VaTech. Louisville made aloud and very public case for itself.

Reaction Score

Um, have you been on the moon in the past decade? We've pretty much done all of the things on your list and it has "earned" us a seat in a non-autobid conference.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So, the guy spent 8+ years at Colorado, got them in to the Pac-12 and upgraded facilities. And he didn't have any NCAA or school infractions or violations during his time there.

And he still got fired/forced resignation?

Must have been a bundle of joy to work with on a daily basis.

Reaction Score
You just kind of exist to be a , don't you?
Pudge is writing these nonsensical things about earning our way based on academics and athletic performance. There are lots of ways to measure academic performance, I guess but since 2000 UConn's average SAT scores have gone from 1140 to 1235. That's a pretty significant jump. We've consistently improved our US News ranking andare now among the Top public universities in the country. We've seen a significan jump in research dollars and anticipate more. We've won 2 mens basketball championships, 7 womens basketball titles, a soccer championship, gone to 2 final fours in womens soccer and produce Olympians in track and field, swimming and womens hockey as well as basketball. We've been to a BCS game in football, a game we've only been playing at the 1A level for about a decade. So basically we've done everything he laid out and got beat by a glorified community college. Maybe we need to look at doing something else on the conference realignment front since just having a high quality academics and winning athletics seems to not cut it.

Reaction Score
Pudge is writing these nonsensical things about earning our way based on academics and athletic performance. There are lots of ways to measure academic performance, I guess but since 2000 UConn's average SAT scores have gone from 1140 to 1235. That's a pretty significant jump. We've consistently improved our US News ranking andare now among the Top public universities in the country. We've seen a significan jump in research dollars and anticipate more. We've won 2 mens basketball championships, 7 womens basketball titles, a soccer championship, gone to 2 final fours in womens soccer and produce Olympians in track and field, swimming and womens hockey as well as basketball. We've been to a BCS game in football, a game we've only been playing at the 1A level for about a decade. So basically we've done everything he laid out and got beat by a glorified community college. Maybe we need to look at doing something else on the conference realignment front since just having a high quality academics and winning athletics seems to not cut it.

I get it. You don't like my answer ... because I show you that this is a complex process (one that our PURE demographics don't push in). I don't like most anything you've ever written. And I'm willing to say that I grandfather ALL your writings before the Boneyard ... and give you future rights on all you are going to write.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom