Cincy @ Louisville ESPN | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cincy @ Louisville ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cincinnati = the new Pitt

Every Cincinnati starter is at least 21 years old and Sean Kilpatrick is 24. Still not as old as Carl Krauser was as a senior, but pretty close.
I understand Carl Krauser is collecting Social Security entitlements now.

Reaction Score
Cincy won despite getting "UConn'd" at LVille………I am still wondering how the hell Harrell (who is a passionate punk by the way, don't care for him) hammered to ball out of Rubles (who rivals Harrell in the punk category) hand immediately after the play, taking his arm with it - yet when Rubles reacts as he would naturally the ref goes after him. The punk play was by Harrell? That was an awful call and they continue to treat Pitino and his team like K and Duke for whatever reason……..great win for Cincy. They throw it up and go after it non stop and our guys better be ready for a brawl in a week, one they haven't seen in a while. One thing Cincy didn't like was the full court pressure, not sure if our guys can do that but they may have to in order to change things up.

I'm not sure whether Pitino and Cronin's "quick" discussion at the end was all that positive coming from Rick or not, that was interesting………almost seemed as if Rick had some parting thoughts in a "nice way" during the hand shake!
agree on all of this, especially the Pitino treatment. How can the refs go back and review a play 2 possessions earlier for a foul or thrown elbow, just because Pitino asks them to? It was ridiculous. Pitino had the refs in the palm of his hand most of the night, and it was clearly making Cronin nuts.

caw

Reaction Score
It will be an interesting test for UConn. Cincy has some serious defensive ability. Switch everything. Offensively they aren't pretty but they do just enough. It likely won't be a pretty game. With all the switching Cincy does on PnR action, it's going to come down to Napier and Boatright making plays at the rim or making shots over "slower" defenders.

I don't imagine they will help off of Daniels or Giffey much when either of them set screens, so probably not much pick and pop action available.

Just guesses based on hat IVe seen. They could always come out in something new.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If we can limit or stop Kilpatrick, then I really like our chances. The others are good, but kind of role players that respond to Kilpatrick.

Reaction Score
ONE ... they took a Louisville punch in the mouth; and, they still came back to win that game. They do have three very tough older kids leading them in Jackson, Rubles and Kilpatrick. Rick Pitino did have the refs in his pocket for a little while; and I was impressed at how Cronin fought. And, they refs withheld tossing him ... NOTE to AAC about Stuart ... that's good. Just when the freak was at pitch-high, Cincy pulled it out with solid play.

TWO ... they lack the top elite status with this team because they really don't have a PG managing the offense. 5 guys in a glove playing well; but, the playmaking can grind down because no one is a thinking ball movement PG.

Reaction Score
It's UConn, Cincy & Memphis until CR us do part....Go Cincy, they look like the real deal.

Happy to take L'ville's tourney credits but will never root for them.
For the AAC, not a bad core to work with. SMU wants to get better and Temple and Houston proved they can make noise come tourney time. Six schools right there. Not bad. Better than the Big East now.

Reaction Score
For the AAC, not a bad core to work with. SMU wants to get better and Temple and Houston proved they can make noise come tourney time. Six schools right there. Not bad. Better than the Big East now.

Not sure Houston has proved much since about 1984.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Not sure Houston has proved much since about 1984.
Thinking South Florida maybe? Although their nice run a few years back looks more like a fluke than anything.

Reaction Score
If we can limit or stop Kilpatrick, then I really like our chances. The others are good, but kind of role players that respond to Kilpatrick.
This is the key to the game. If we can hold him to him 20 points or below, I think we win. Kromah to start? Maybe mix in Giffey on him as well.

Reaction Score
ONE ... they took a Louisville punch in the mouth; and, they still came back to win that game. They do have three very tough older kids leading them in Jackson, Rubles and Kilpatrick. Rick Pitino did have the refs in his pocket for a little while; and I was impressed at how Cronin fought. And, they refs withheld tossing him ... NOTE to AAC about Stuart ... that's good. Just when the freak was at pitch-high, Cincy pulled it out with solid play.

TWO ... they lack the top elite status with this team because they really don't have a PG managing the offense. 5 guys in a glove playing well; but, the playmaking can grind down because no one is a thinking ball movement PG.

Spot on call Pudge…….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog