Christyn Williams | The Boneyard

Christyn Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
New audio interview previewing her team's attempt at a 4A state title which is later today with some guy named Geno in attendance. We can use this thread to update CAC's game later. She also talks recruiting.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
"UCONN, aaahhhh, Texas, Baylor, Arkansas, Tennessee, Lousiville, aTm, Kentucky". That's how she listed the schools she was interested in. Plans on doing unofficial and official visits, said she'll know in her gut when it's right. Wants a school that is good academically, where there's a family atmosphere, and that has a great BB program. Sounds like UCONN for sure. At any rate, she did list them first. Not that it means anything... sounds like a great kid...

Reaction Score
"UCONN, aaahhhh, Texas, Baylor, Arkansas, Tennessee, Lousiville, aTm, Kentucky". That's how she listed the schools she was interested in. Plans on doing unofficial and official visits, said she'll know in her gut when it's right. Wants a school that is good academically, where there's a family atmosphere, and that has a great BB program. Sounds like UCONN for sure. At any rate, she did list them first. Not that it means anything... sounds like a great kid...
Well.... She did list UCONN first, and it did sound good when she sorta paused and dwelled there on UCONN. But it was in response to the question, "Who are some of the people that you're hearing from most right now?"

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Yeah, but she also listed UTenn which makes me question how much thought she put into her list. Unless she has already decided on UConn and the rest are just fillers. ;)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Yeah, but she also listed UTenn which makes me question how much thought she put into her list. Unless she has already decided on UConn and the rest are just fillers. ;)
The question was "what are some of the schools are you hearing from". Since she's from Arkansas, it is logical she's get a lot of attention from Ark. And it's no surprise she's hearing from Tenn, it's just that they are such a train wreck, she's not considering them (my words, not hers LOL)... :p

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Sounds as if UConn is at the top. I think she wants to see what Lexi's experience is going to be.

HGN

Reaction Score
Three (3) things made me feel good about this interview...........1) She mentioned UConn as one of the schools ; 2) That she Didn't mention ND or SC ; and 3) , that Geno was there. All the things she mentioned that she wants in her school of choice UConn has in abundance. I am also glad that she didn't put any restrictions on a geographical area.

She certainly can go to any top program from what I have read . And I just hope that UConn is one of the programs that she pays an Official visit ...........And Geno closes the deal.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Ain't y'all got no grammars atall? Land o' Goshen!!

Reaction Score
I dont like what is going on at Tenn. and I hope they are not in Uconns bracket.That way if they end up playing each other then the Vols are playing well.Husky fan since 1987 but a CBB fan since 1970.I dont like seeing Tenn.like this and hope they turn it around.Holly was put in a no win situation.She followed a legend.IMO she is not HC material and it shows how much Summit controlled the team and IMO they never had much of any type of offensive sets.Rebound push the ball and crash the boards for the offensive rebounds.The talent just isnt there anymore for them to play like that.If Uconn men didnt have that incredible run in 2014.Would people be questioning the hire of Kevin Ollie.Probably because he followed a legend we know as Calhoun.IMO even without the NC KO was a great hire but he would have been scrutinized a lot more.Next year everyone wants a piece of the womens team because they think it will be a rebuilding year.I say let them think that because of the system they run,precision and attention to details and continue to play harder than everyone else.They will shock a lot of people and it will be fun to watch.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
CAC lost their title game 64-58.

Williams had 35 points and 8 rebounds in a losing effort.

Geno apparently didn't make it but Chris Dailey did.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
CAC lost their title game 64-58.

Williams had 35 points and 8 rebounds in a losing effort.

Geno apparently didn't make it but Chris Dailey did.
Condolences, Christyn! But you had a big game and a great season. Come to Storrs and win the last game of the season!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
With Connecticut women's associate head coach Chris Dailey in attendance, sophomore guard Christyn Williams -- the nation's No. 3 recruit in the Class of 2018, according to ESPN.com -- had a game-high 35 points and grabbed eight rebounds in the loss for CAC (24-14). Williams shot 11 of 26 from the floor and 10 of 14 from the free-throw line.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2016/mar/12/one-of-a-kind-20160312/?latest

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
The question was "what are some of the schools are you hearing from". Since she's from Arkansas, it is logical she's get a lot of attention from Ark. And it's no surprise she's hearing from Tenn, it's just that they are such a train wreck, she's not considering them (my words, not hers LOL)... :p

Eric - I was too lazy to listen to the audio. My comment was based on what you wrote - "UCONN, aaahhhh, Texas, Baylor, Arkansas, Tennessee, Lousiville, aTm, Kentucky". That's how she listed the schools she was interested in.

Reaction Score
If you check out Volnation, you will learn that HW is going after uncommitted 3 star talent.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
If you check out Volnation, you will learn that HW is going after uncommitted 3 star talent.
I've been following that post on VolNation for a while. Sad. Seems like I found better talent scrapping off my George Forman Grill.

Reaction Score
Christyn is "Maya Like" but a lefty. While at least those are my thoughts when watching her videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom