20. Colorado
21. USC
22. Louisville
23. Creighton
24. UNC
25. Washington St.
12283011.gif

Reaction Score
Ronsiek wants to play one season with her sister, who I think is at Colorado State. One of the Creighton parents told me that at the Big East tournament. All the other Creighton seniors are coming back for a fifth year.
I knew I saw this on the Boneyard. "Insiders" just read posts here. Shout out to this site.

Reaction Score
Nobody knows anything concrete the day after the championship game about how things will be a year later. Creme certainly didn't last year. Or this year, in all likelihood. I'm not knocking anyone who enjoys the predictions. Just take them with a grain of salt.

"grain of salt" is true with ANY poll or prediction, of course.

By your argument, one could argue that a preseason poll is pointless. Or that the final regular season poll is useless since the #10 and #11 teams made the final 4.

99% of sports discussion is about speculation. If you don't like year-ahead polls, then don't read em. For the rest of us, they are useful list of the top teams to pay attention to in the offseason.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
We have the end of the season AP poll, which is just that. ESPN & The Athletic doing a "way to early poll", and then we'll have all the portal movement, which will definately impact the pre season polls. What interests me will be the swing from these very early WTE polls, to the results of portal player movement, and then the pre-season polls as we get closer to November.

Reaction Score
"grain of salt" is true with ANY poll or prediction, of course.

By your argument, one could argue that a preseason poll is pointless. Or that the final regular season poll is useless since the #10 and #11 teams made the final 4.

99% of sports discussion is about speculation. If you don't like year-ahead polls, then don't read em. For the rest of us, they are useful list of the top teams to pay attention to in the offseason.
Perhaps you missed my reply to a comment from CamrnCrz1974 on Monday where I said, "I'm not knocking anyone who enjoys the predictions. Just take them with a grain of salt." Scroll up several comments and you can read it for yourself if you'd like.

And maybe you also failed to notice my point that a prediction the day after the championship game was meaningless. I noted in my Monday reply that it was impossible to know how things would be a year after this week's championship game. And I said absolutely nothing about the final regular season poll, which I think is valid and useful as one gauge of what to expect by then.

And finally, I said nothing about speculation among fans. I have no problem with that at all. I do it, myself on many things. All I said was to take the opinion of so-called experts with a grain of salt so soon after the end of the season. Or am I missing something else that seems to have offended you?

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
For the rest of us, they are useful list of the top teams to pay attention to in the offseason.
Then bitch and complain to anybody who will listen!

Reaction Score
The biggest question mark for both UConn and Notre Dame is the all-important post play.

The portal may provide some answers.
Well, Nat Marshall of ND entered the portal today.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
You've got to be kidding me. UConn goes to the FF this year without. the injured and incoming class and the prediction is UConn is preseason 4?????????? Kinda silly. Barring injuries it should be SC and UConn and everybody else. TX and ND will be very good however the mention of their guards vs UConns Paige and Azzi I dont think so. First of all UConns defense carried them to the FF. Even with Nika graduating you still have KK and Aubrey. Alot depends on alot. That being those coming back from injuries. With our loaded roster everybody demands play time but only those who earn it. We have top recruits all looking for the same thing. Be developed and win championships Geno will see to it that that happens and it will happen on each players pace of development.

To get as far as we did this past season is nothing short of remarkable. With everybody healthy and the freshman class coming in UConn will be crazy good.

Reaction Score
A #4 ranking to start the season is about right. As many have said on this board, UConn will not be at full strength on Day 1 and that it may be after the new year before they are. Since UConn always plays a difficult schedule early in the season, there could be a couple of early losses.

I think a lot of you are forgetting UConn is going from a Senior Big to a RS Sophomore and a Freshman Big. That's a big gap in talent level.

I personally would have waited until the transfers were done before releasing an early ranking.

Reaction Score
The thing about a way too early ranking is that it is, well, way too early. Guy has nothing else to do.
It (Way to Early) has become a ritual in most all sports, amateur or pro, so on it goes regardless of the possible effect of league changes and influences. That said, however, it now is almost complete irrelevant due to NIL and the Portal.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
It (Way to Early) has become a ritual in most all sports, amateur or pro, so on it goes regardless of the possible effect of league changes and influences. That said, however, it now is almost complete irrelevant due to NIL and the Portal.
Exactly. It’s a useless zero. Start rankings after say 8 games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom