Charlie Creme's Way-Too-Early Top 25 | The Boneyard

Charlie Creme's Way-Too-Early Top 25

Reaction Score
Don’t know if UConn should be #2, since we do lose AE & Nika, but we definitely belong in the top 5. Some unproven talent on our bench/incoming, and a lot of players coming off injury, but also we have Paige.

Reaction Score
i kind of understand because we have a lot of unknowns despite the talent (freshmen, players coming back from injury). but at the end of the day we've got a long season ahead of us, and it would be stupid to count out this uconn team for #1 by march. go huskies!!

Reaction Score
Yeah, this seems like it was done before Strong committed and that sentence was just added at the end.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Of course Iowa falls off the map - in a single player they lose:
39.3% of their scoring - leader
47.2% of their assists - leader
20.3% of their rebounds - leader
27.3% of their steals - leader
18.2% of their blocks - co-leader
(on the plus side they lose 40% of their TOs.)

Don't care who they have coming in, they aren't replacing all that with 35/minutes per game from any combination of players playing those minutes. It will be a very different team with a very different offense without Clark. Clark either scored or assisted on 67.2% of Iowa's baskets (an astonishing #), and she also took 39.9% of their free throws and 44% of their made free throws.

(And they are also losing two other starters in Martin and Marshall accounting for 23.4% of pts, 22.6% of assists, 18% of rebounds, 30.1 of steals and 21.8% of blocks combined.)

Reaction Score
Not surprised that Charlie Creme doesn't give UCONN much love. He never does unless we're coming off a Natty and have nearly everyone returning. I believe the 2024 - 2025 version of UCONN will be heard from ALL season long... including the National Championship.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Not worried at all about Charlie's predictions.

#4 is good for us. We have a lot of questions going into next year. Keep 'em guessing.

Texas at #2 is fair. ND at #3 - needs some answers. Biggest question is how will Hidalgo and Miles co-exist?

Iowa not being ranks is a no brainer. They fall back to the middle of the pack in the Big 10. Loose way too much talent to recover in one recruiting class.

Reaction Score
How accurate was Charlie's predictions this time last year?

Reaction Score
Not worried at all about Charlie's predictions.

#4 is good for us. We have a lot of questions going into next year. Keep 'em guessing.

Texas at #2 is fair. ND at #3 - needs some answers. Biggest question is how will Hidalgo and Miles co-exist?

Iowa not being ranks is a no brainer. They fall back to the middle of the pack in the Big 10. Loose way too much talent to recover in one recruiting class.
I think Iowa still has some very solid players and may end up in the Top 20 as they are a well coached team................

Reaction Score
I think Iowa still has some very solid players and may end up in the Top 20 as they are a well coached team................
I don't disagree but they'll need most of the season to work themselves into the top 20 as they adapt to life without Clark, Martin, and Marshall. Bluder will also probably go shopping in the portal and they'll also need to get acclimated.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom