CCSU game time | Page 2 | The Boneyard

CCSU game time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"If" you still had tickets. Lol. And your saying an alum who has seasons for football and basketball should stop supporting the program. Brilliant response.
Are you not at a point in your job where you can't take a half day on December 23rd to go to the game and then enjoy happy hour? That sucks.

Reaction Score
Are you not at a point in your job where you can't take a half day on December 23rd to go to the game and then enjoy happy hour? That sucks.
I teach elementary school and get out at 1. I have been teaching for 15 years and no I can't take the day off.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
My interest is quite evident. Thank you. 20 years men's hoops and 15 for football. How about you?
MBB, FBall and Soccer since 1964. Like Mau we had season tickets from 1965 until 1991 when they started pushing us further back because we wouldn't give another $2K then $3K then $5K etc.
I am not a fan of weekday afternoon games BUT it's Central, before a major holiday and hell, they'll play NCAA tourney games at these times.
It is what it is.
Maybe when your named AD you can dictate dates and times - but I won't hold my breath on that one.
Support no matter what

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I teach elementary school and get out at 1. I have been teaching for 15 years and no I can't take the day off.

Start licking toilet bowl lids on the 20th. You'll be plenty sick by the 23rd to take a day off. And please wear a Michael Jackson mask over your mouth while you're at the game.

Reaction Score
My interest is quite evident. Thank you. 20 years men's hoops and 15 for football. How about you?

20 years in basketball makes you spoiled. IN the late 60's and 70's they weren't winning all the time and to play others outside of UNH, Maine was amazing in itself. 80's until Jim Calhoun the same and even his first 3-4 years were tough but I didn't miss a game no matter who they played and when. Look around they all play cupcakes and have some weird times. And I hang out and golf with 3 CT school teachers and they take days off to play golf more than I so let's not make the excuse you can't. If it's out of loyalty and respect for your students than I do get that and congrats for being a solid citizen there and I mean that.

Reaction Score
People outside of education don't understand how hard it is to take time off, especially before a break.

As a person inside education, I can say with certainty that there is precisely nothing done on the half-day before Christmas break. Call in sick and let the sub show your video for you.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
You know it's a tough game time for season tix holders. But I see bemoaning of resale value in this thread? Can't make the game? I can't either. Do what I do, give the seats away to those who aren't fortunate enough to see a game. Nobody is going to say no to free tix and you can get in the spirit of holiday giving. Make some city kids year. Or some boneyarders for that matter.

Do you really need to recoup that investment?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Wrong and wrong. My schedule and venue related posts are invariably spot on.
Ha...just ask you!

This is in the running for douchetastic post of the year. Late entry, especially with the head start chief and a few others have, but it has potential.

Reaction Score
You know it's a tough game time for season tix holders. But I see bemoaning of resale value in this thread? Can't make the game? I can't either. Do what I do, give the seats away to those who aren't fortunate enough to see a game. Nobody is going to say no to free tix and you can get in the spirit of holiday giving. Make some city kids year. Or some boneyarders for that matter.

Do you really need to recoup that investment?

it'd be nice, yes.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Ha...just ask you!

This is in the running for douchetastic post of the year. Late entry, especially with the head start chief and a few others have, but it has potential.
Taken out of context I can see how you might think that. But you are also wrong. My self-aggrandizing comment wasn't dropped out of nowhere, it was a response to a direct insult. We still get to defend ourselves here, don't we? And my venue comments challenging the conventional wisdom over the years have proven correct. Gampel is not a competitive advantage over XL, in fact, Gampel was a disadvantage last year. And this year they adjusted the schedule accordingly.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Taken out of context I can see how you might think that. But you are also wrong. My self-aggrandizing comment wasn't dropped out of nowhere, it was a response to a direct insult. We still get to defend ourselves here, don't we? And my venue comments challenging the conventional wisdom over the years have proven correct. Gampel is not a competitive advantage over XL, in fact, Gampel was a disadvantage last year. And this year they adjusted the schedule accordingly.
Nah, I don't have a problem with your self-aggrandizement generally; I've come to understand that it is a symptom of your incurable megalomania.

It's your rush to throw all other fans who have different life circumstances than yours under the bus in your constant chest-thumping to try and prove that you are a super-fan for having season tickets. If I understand correctly, you are single and kid-less, you live in the Hartford area and you don't mind crappy seats at the XL. You therefore have a lot more time, disposable income and opportunity to attend all of the games. Telling people who "only" attend a few games a year--for whatever reason--that they are not supporting the program is not fair or accurate imo. Everyone has different circumstances and makes different choices, and I don't get the need to constantly try to elevate yourself and your fandom over others.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Megalomania is a way off, occasional hyperbole is more accurate. I'm not chest-thumping as much as deciding not to suffer those who don't go to games criticizing those that do. I just gotta laugh at being called a whiner for not liking to have to choose between not going to the game I already paid for or burning a vacation day by those that don't buy season tickets. And along those lines, combating the false narrative that playing games in Hartford is bad for the program when the opposite is true. And I never said that the couch sitters don't support the program, they just don't support it as much as those who buy tickets. That's a false statement? But I enjoyed your post, when you can't win on the facts, get personal

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Maybe those that only go to a few games buying from a scalper, not supporting the program is the way to go.

And I never said that the couch sitters don't support the program, they just don't support it as much as those who buy tickets. That's a false statement? But I enjoyed your post, when you can't win on the facts, get personal
And if you can't do either, just lie.

Nice.

NotADimeBack

Give me my avi back
Reaction Score
I remember leaving high school early during exams week,
Would rush home to catch uconn in those am early round big east tourney games... Fun X

Reaction Score
mauconnfan said:
If I still had my season tix I'd be sure to take a half day for this one and would enjoy the afternoon game. Not sure of all the hullabaloo - don't go and don't buy them there will be other fans.

Bingo. That's what I am doing with a few guys from work. Should be fun

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
And if you can't do either, just lie.

Nice.
That's not a lie. I said buying tickets from a scalper. No money goes to the program when you buy from a scalper, that's not support. Try to keep up.

Reaction Score
As a person inside education, I can say with certainty that there is precisely nothing done on the half-day before Christmas break. Call in sick and let the sub show your video for you.

And as another person "inside" education, I can say with certainty that in my district taking the day off prior to a vacation is a sure-fire way to get yourself in trouble. Every other district I'm familiar with is the same way. Poor form for sure.

Reaction Score
boog204 said:
And as another person "inside" education, I can say with certainty that in my district taking the day off prior to a vacation is a sure-fire way to get yourself in trouble. Every other district I'm familiar with is the same way. Poor form for sure.

End up with a letter in your file.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
That's not a lie. I said buying tickets from a scalper. No money goes to the program when you buy from a scalper, that's not support. Try to keep up.
How did the scalper get the tickets?

Reaction Score

this isn't a football bowl game. It's CCSU. Basketball. At noon. On a Weekday. If you wanna overpay, that's your business, but I work for my money.

Reaction Score
At the risk of people jumping all over me I can see how being a season ticket holder and plunking down good coin to go to the games someone might be upset by this.
At the same time I agree that the kids deserve to get home to their families. I can't afford the time off so I'm going to watch on my comp at work and hope I don't get caught! Students who may not be able to afford the tickets would probably appreciate them
If I were a season ticket holder this might make me feel better about not being able to go if I could find them and get them the seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom