CCSU game time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
is it really 12:30 on a workday????

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
the nerve to schedule a game early the day before Christmas eve just so the players could get home for the holiday.
post of the day.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Why because he is right?
Usually your bailiwick when it comes to schedule / venue related posts.
Wrong and wrong. My schedule and venue related posts are invariably spot on. For example, last year I railed about the fans lack of interest in attending Gampel games during the week. The AD listened, only one such game this year.

If Wednesday afternoon is so great for the players, wouldn't Tuesday night be even better? Now I know most posters here don't buy season tickets and don't care about stuff like gametimes. But why would UConn want to alienate the good fans like myself? Its one thing to have a schedule of 75% dreck, why make it worse playing in the early afternoon on a workday? Or on the same afternoon as a home football game? Maybe those that only go to a few games buying from a scalper, not supporting the program is the way to go.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Don't teams regularly do this, including UCONN in the last couple of years? It looks like there are other TV games listed during that time frame.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Wrong and wrong. My schedule and venue related posts are invariably spot on.
My, but aren't we just full of ourselves.

For example, last year I railed about the fans lack of interest in attending Gampel games during the week. The AD listened, only one such game this year.
See the above. If you think your Boneyard missives had any measurable effect on this year's scheduling, much less were the controlling influence, you have a more misguided sense of self importance than Chief. You be hangin' with Manuel and some UConn after the games, or what?

If Wednesday afternoon is so great for the players, wouldn't Tuesday night be even better?
They have a 4pm game on the 20th. I can't recall them ever scheduling regular season games less than 3 days apart.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They have a 4pm game on the 20th. I can't recall them ever scheduling regular season games less than 3 days apart.

I guess those decades of headlining Big Monday after playing on Saturday never happened. And this year we play on a Tuesday after a Sunday game...in Houston.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wrong and wrong. My schedule and venue related posts are invariably spot on. For example, last year I railed about the fans lack of interest in attending Gampel games during the week. The AD listened, only one such game this year.

If Wednesday afternoon is so great for the players, wouldn't Tuesday night be even better? Now I know most posters here don't buy season tickets and don't care about stuff like gametimes. But why would UConn want to alienate the good fans like myself? Its one thing to have a schedule of 75% dreck, why make it worse playing in the early afternoon on a workday? Or on the same afternoon as a home football game? Maybe those that only go to a few games buying from a scalper, not supporting the program is the way to go.
Do not even know where to start of the nonsense in this post, but it is Chief esq. But hey at least you think very highly of yourself.

Reaction Score
the nerve to schedule a game early the day before Christmas eve just so the players could get home for the holiday.

some of us work for a living.

Are they playing for the sake of playing and getting a game in the books, or are they at least trying to give the fans some sort of consideration at all? (no). I understand what you're saying about the holiday travels, but at that rate they might as well play behind locked doors at a more convenient time for the two teams. There is going to be nary a soul in the XL that day.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Really, CCSU is an insignificant game. I like the idea of giving the players a chance to get home for Christmas a bit early. They work hard enough all year.

Reaction Score
some of us work for a living.

Are they playing for the sake of playing and getting a game in the books, or are they at least trying to give the fans some sort of consideration at all? (no). I understand what you're saying about the holiday travels, but at that rate they might as well play behind locked doors at a more convenient time for the two teams. There is going to be nary a soul in the XL that day.
I have had Hartford tickets for 20 years. I looked past paying full price for exhibition games, but am not happy about putting a game at this time. Tuesday night would have been fine, or credit my account the cost of this game .

Reaction Score
Really, CCSU is an insignificant game. I like the idea of giving the players a chance to get home for Christmas a bit early. They work hard enough all year.
I have no problem with the players getting home, But our AD needs to also think about fans who actually pay to go to the games when making a schedule. I'm sure we could get Central to play whenever we wanted them to.

Reaction Score
If I still had my season tix I'd be sure to take a half day for this one and would enjoy the afternoon game. Not sure of all the hullabaloo - don't go and don't buy them there will be other fans.

Reaction Score
I have no problem with the players getting home, But our AD needs to also think about fans who actually pay to go to the games when making a schedule. I'm sure we could get Central to play whenever we wanted them to.
Historically the athletic department has treated the season ticket holders like doormats for at least a couple of decades, although that had been improving in the past year or two. However, this game time is a retro middle finger at the season ticket holders who are forced to have to deal with this game one way or another (take vacation time for a dog game, or eat the tickets since there will be zero secondary market resell value)

Reaction Score
If I still had my season tix I'd be sure to take a half day for this one and would enjoy the afternoon game. Not sure of all the hullabaloo - don't go and don't buy them there will be other fans.
"If" you still had tickets. Lol. And your saying an alum who has seasons for football and basketball should stop supporting the program. Brilliant response.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Et tu, mau? You've joined the sit-at-home majority? The ones who watch at home and say they would do if they were actually there? Sorry to hear that.

You'd get the hullabaloo if you still had your tix. This NOV-DEC schedule is putrid. The average Sagarin of this group is an embarrassing 264 (the mean is 266 so it blows no matter how you want to slice the data). And that's not even counting the 2 pre-season games. Then you add that ridiculous Furman game.

Reaction Score
Historically the athletic department has treated the season ticket holders like doormats for at least a couple of decades, although that had been improving in the past year or two. However, this game time is a retro middle finger at the season ticket holders who are forced to have to deal with this game one way or another (take vacation time for a dog game, or eat the tickets since there will be zero secondary market resell value)
Most school systems have half days on 12/23. I'm sure lots of families would love to take their children to the game.

Reaction Score
Most school systems have half days on 12/23. I'm sure lots of families would love to take their children to the game.

I teach in a middle school and get out at 12. I will go to the game but miss at least the first 10 mins if traffic is good. Keep in mind that the elementary schools get out even later. If the game was at 2 it would be fine, even 1:30 would suffice. 12:30 is brutal no matter how you slice it.

Reaction Score
Et tu, mau? You've joined the sit-at-home majority? The ones who watch at home and say they would do if they were actually there? Sorry to hear that.

You'd get the hullabaloo if you still had your tix. This NOV-DEC schedule is putrid. The average Sagarin of this group is an embarrassing 264 (the mean is 266 so it blows no matter how you want to slice the data). And that's not even counting the 2 pre-season games. Then you add that ridiculous Furman game.

F off Waq. I watched them at the Field House for years and then the HCC /Gampel until my son grew up and my job grew in time and area so I am lucky to get home to watch.. I'm not an alum I'm a fan, as much as one as you and this wethyhusky with you tickets you throw around. They lost most of the "real" basketball fans anyway when they started pushing us back in the 80's 90's maybe you guys weren't there then. I went to every game and never complained and you know why, they weren't always as good as they are now so the OOC schedule was still always fun to watch. And if you're a fan it still is to watch the team grow and the kids mature.

Quit whining or just don't go. Geez

Reaction Score
"If" you still had tickets. Lol. And your saying an alum who has seasons for football and basketball should stop supporting the program. Brilliant response.

Quit whining. Oh and congrats on being an alum and having both football and basketball tickets. :rolleyes:I didn't tell you to stop supporting the program I said quite bit**ing get it straight. There's reasons I don't have them, when did you start with yours? Let's hear some history and then maybe I'll understand?

Reaction Score

Thank you for your interest in UConn athletics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom