CBS Sports 10 Best Backcourts in College Hoops | Page 2 | The Boneyard

CBS Sports 10 Best Backcourts in College Hoops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
wouldn't expect anything less than from norlander, has been taking passive swipes at uconn more than any other writer. more than goodman. Florida being no.11? are you kidding me lol? Kasey hill couldn't crack uconn rotation

Reaction Score
wouldn't expect anything less than from norlander, has been taking passive swipes at uconn more than any other writer. more than goodman. Florida being no.11? are you kidding me lol? Kasey hill couldn't crack uconn rotation

Yeah, he didn't respond to any of the UConn comments, but makes sure to respond to someone that Florida is definitely #11. That has to be deliberate.

Reaction Score
Norlander is horrendous, hard to believe he's from CT.

Reaction Score
Norlander is the same dude that said he would take Kevin Pangos over Bazz entering last season and Duffy said he was nuts, lol. As its been pointed out its like dude bends over backwards to slight UConn to make sure there is not a hint of bias since he is from CT.

Reaction Score
T.J. McConnell & Gabe York combined in their final game last tourney: 10
points on 2-for-12 shooting; 2 assists. 0 steals. 1 exit.

Ryan Boatright's final game last tourney: 14 points on 5-of-6 shooting. 3 assists. 3 steals. 1 ring.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
You all already know exactly how I feel about these lists and why they are so. Perception.

Each year UConn is underrated to start the season because no one sees the 5 star recruits on our roster so they think we must "not be very good". Then inevitably one player on our roster steps up and brings his game to a whole new level and people start taking note nationally, yet not before its too late and we are cutting down the nets and everyone is suddenly surprised by "what a great run that was". In the offseason, that said player enters the draft and analysts think the roster is now depleted and uncompetitive. Rinse and repeat the cycle the following year, and so on. Yet any team coached by the legendary Coach K will always be "well disciplined and one of the best in the nation", regardless of who they have. Yet the funny thing is that the last couple years, one of Duke's biggest flaws has been their backcourt, namely the PG position, yet somehow this year they have a top 5 backcourt, please.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We only have one returning starter in the backcourt so maybe that is the reason we weren't listed. We don't know who the second guard will be at this point: Purvis, Hamilton, Omar, Cassel or Samuel. It is more important that we make these lists at the end of the season and I think we will. Until then, who cares.

Yes, Norlander writes that his rankings are based on the top four guards not just the starters so we don't have four returning guards seems like why UConn isn't listed? Whatever this dude"s rankings are I can't wait to get Boat, Purvis, Cassell and TSam rolling.....bring it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom