CBS Sports 10 Best Backcourts in College Hoops | The Boneyard

CBS Sports 10 Best Backcourts in College Hoops

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
LOL this is laughable. Someone put this in the team locker room bulletin board.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Yes. London Perrantes is better than Boatright. I knew it all along. Thanks for clarifying CBS.

Reaction Score
once again I don't see how Kansas's backcourt is being rated this high. I've seen the media take this wait and see approach with Purvis for his freshman season(and he's now had 2 offseasons to get better) while Selden pretty much had the same type of year with the same kind of incoming hype, why isn't anyone in the media taking the same approach with him? Maybe Graham steps in and plays well right off the bat as a freshman and Mason steps up his game, but KU's guardplay rarely impresses me.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
I can't stand cbs anymore
Although I prefer CBS's coverage compared to espn, they've been sleepin on our huskies so far, that top 100 list they did was hilarious

Reaction Score
We only have one returning starter in the backcourt so maybe that is the reason we weren't listed. We don't know who the second guard will be at this point: Purvis, Hamilton, Omar, Cassel or Samuel. It is more important that we make these lists at the end of the season and I think we will. Until then, who cares.

Reaction Score
I love it. This is the stuff that we thrive on!

As for our guards 'outsiders' really only have Boat to go on.

Reaction Score
In CBS's top 100 players, Boatright is the only UConn backcourt player who made the list.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Now, here's a list of back courts with multiple players that have championship rings.

1) UCONN.

Boatright
TSam
Calhoon
Purvis

Reaction Score
As always the experts will be "shocked" that uconn is in the elite 8... final four.. or title game again this year. As they are "shocked" every year uconn wins it.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I just love any pre season press that lowers expectations about UConn. It take pressure off the kids, it reduces media distraction, it motivates the kids to prove the experts wrong, and it makes the coaches appear more brilliant at the end of a successful season. And that gives the greatest boost to recruiting.

Take the two scenarios last season between Cuse and UConn. There was all that early hype for Syracuse and UConn was only getting normal buzz. The end of the season it was a 180 degree reversal. Five years from now, if not already, 99% of ordinary bb fans will forget the orange start but most will remember the blue finish.

Now I know why the tortoise and the hare story makes sense.

Reaction Score
Breaking...crap analysts produce crap list. Its funny, I have seen UCONN's backcourt get a lot of love as a top 3 backcourt from other fan bases on the national board. I value the good posters from our board way more than I value basically any talking head, save Bilas, Gottlieb and Luke Winn.

Reaction Score
Am I missing something with Arizona's back court? Not sure I'd have that group in the top ten, much less #2.

Reaction Score
I'm interested in seeing how Stanley Johnson operates as a college 2 guard. Very physically imposing and someone who should be able to post up smaller guys...but we all know how most college coaches(Hoiberg is really the only that I've seen put his bigger guards in the post) don't take advange of that matchup when it presents itself. He's also very mechanical, I can see smaller guards giving him fits if he tries to get by them off the bounce or trying to keep up with the defensively.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Exactly, TJ McConnell is what the national media loves. A slow unathletic white guy with a broken jump shot who will be playing in Mongolia after college is the media's wet dream.
Where is Aaron craft these days anyways?

Reaction Score
I'm interested in seeing how Stanley Johnson operates as a college 2 guard. Very physically imposing and someone who should be able to post up smaller guys...but we all know how most college coaches(Hoiberg is really the only that I've seen put his bigger guards in the post) don't take advange of that matchup when it presents itself. He's also very mechanical, I can see smaller guards giving him fits if he tries to get by them off the bounce or trying to keep up with the defensively.

Are they really planning on using him as a two? I guess they have to if they want to get him, RHJ, Ashley, and Tarz all on the court at once, but you're right, he seems better suited as a three.

Regardless, he isn't mentioned in the article, so I think CBS is operating under the assumption that he's a three which makes their article even more perplexing. Their starting backcourt, to my knowledge, is T.J. McConnell and Gabe York. And while those two aren't bad players, there is very little offense there. Hell, the inability of their guards to consistently create offense was their undoing last season, and that was with Nick Johnson. I do think Arizona will be one of the best teams in the country due to their loaded front court, but this ranking is baffling to me.

Reaction Score
Are they really planning on using him as a two? I guess they have to if they want to get him, RHJ, Ashley, and Tarz all on the court at once, but you're right, he seems better suited as a three.

Regardless, he isn't mentioned in the article, so I think CBS is operating under the assumption that he's a three which makes their article even more perplexing. Their starting backcourt, to my knowledge, is T.J. McConnell and Gabe York. And while those two aren't bad players, there is very little offense there. Hell, the inability of their guards to consistently create offense was their undoing last season, and that was with Nick Johnson. I do think Arizona will be one of the best teams in the country due to their loaded front court, but this ranking is baffling to me.
I hadn't read it until you pointed out he wasn't included but yea the starting lineup that was discussed during the summer was McConnell, Johnson, RHJ, Ashley, and Tarczewksi(sp).

pj

Reaction Score
It's quite simple. He's not aware that UConn is still a college. He thought we had moved up to the NBA, as in the Euro soccer system.

Reaction Score
Funny stuff. What's the deal with TJ McConnell? Aaron Craft is like Rondo compared to him and he was overrated. And of course Cook and Suilaiman - the freshman better be real good because those 2 are also vastly overrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom