Canada v. USA Friday | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Canada v. USA Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Not usually right in my predictions, but I did predict USA would score in the 80's in my poll question. :):)

Thought Canada would play a physical game against Team USA and they did. Not a pretty win, but still a 30 point margin of victory. Reminds me of some of the UConn victories;)

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Not a pretty win, but still a 30 point margin of victory. Reminds me of some of the UConn victories;)

Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin:

"Take the 'W' and get on the bus.";)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A few little things: Really surprised that Canada couldn't get more offense - shooting was pretty poor. Suspect they just had to put too much in on D. Love the bow and arrow tribute for made 3s ... is that something new? EDD seems to have found her game and she loves having the Stewie option! The officiating was sorta weird ... phantom walks. Lindsey Whalen: Yes, she has her uses, but her PG style more often than not fakes her own team out.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
A few little things: Really surprised that Canada couldn't get more offense - shooting was pretty poor. Suspect they just had to put too much in on D. Love the bow and arrow tribute for made 3s ... is that something new? EDD seems to have found her game and she loves having the Stewie option! The officiating was sorta weird ... phantom walks. Lindsey Whalen: Yes, she has her uses, but her PG style more often than not fakes her own team out.

I saw some college teams doing that this past season. In particular, I remember the Syracuse bench doing it to celebrate their long-range bombs with it.

Reaction Score
Achonwa and Nurse on the floor at the same time: equals toughness.

Not surprised that Canada held the US way down in scoring. But was surprised that Kia had a bad day of scoring. Perhaps it was because Coach Geno did what he always does at UConn: focus on the other team's best scorer, and neutralize her. Kia was Canada's leading scorer, and that seems to have been the strategy.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
RMB - agree about the officiating - and I would say it has been really strange through all the games I have watched - it is as if they imported some of the WNBA refs!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I watched the replay after the fact. We had too many TOs trying to force the ball into the post when the pass wasn't really there. We also didn't shoot so well in the first half, didn't attempt many threes, and did little in the fast break. Maya provided the energy by hustling, getting steals, and tipping rebounds. I think Geno told Dee at halftime that she was not being a badass. Then she came out and drained some threes. Top scorers: Dee, 12; Maya, 12; Tina, 10. Tops in assists: Sue, 9; Maya, 4; Elena, 3; Diana and Tina, 2. Top rebounders: Maya, 8; Elena, 6; Syl and Tina, 5; Sue, 4.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kia is a tough competitor. She struggled with her shot today. In fairness to her, though Sue guarded her some, other defenders included Angel and Catch. On one drive into the lane, she found herself defended by Griner. Kia pivoted one way, then the other, but Brit's long arm blocked the desperation shot. Kia will not see ANY defenders like Brit, Catch, or Angel over the next 2 years of WCBB.

Reaction Score
Kia is a tough competitor. She struggled with her shot today. In fairness to her, though Sue guarded her some, other defenders included Angel and Catch. On one drive into the lane, she found herself defended by Griner. Kia pivoted one way, then the other, but Brit's long arm blocked the desperation shot. Kia will not see ANY defenders like Brit, Catch, or Angel over the next 2 years of WCBB.
Angel pushed Kia around mercilessly - I was surprised she didn't get called for it a couple times.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
target_416x416.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc