Can RU or Ville get to the BCS title game? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Can RU or Ville get to the BCS title game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The MAC is really having a great year. I watched Toledo last week and Kent State today - both are decent sides.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
A huge portion of MAC talent is Ohio kids who were overlooked by the B1G. Cincinnati was able to build their program in large part because BE membership made them a better destination for these kids than the MAC (and their six Ohio schools). I still don't know why we don't place a higher priority on this recruiting area (I believe we've recruited a total of four Ohio kids since our upgrade) as it has to help us (I'm not thinking that we can steal kids from Ohio St but I believe we can grab a kid or two who would have been one of Miami or Akron's better recruits).

Better programs than us (Michigan, Ohio St, Notre Dame) have hired HC's who were the head guy at a MAC school before getting there. This would not be a bad place to look.

Reaction Score
That Kent rb is a load. It is nice to see a rb progress not stopped as soon as a defender lays a finger on him.

Reaction Score
So what would need to happen to get Rutgers or Louisville to the BCS title game?

Step #1: Not get creamed by a MAC team that lost 47-14 to Kentucky.

Yes, 30+ pts to Kentucky.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Just for the record the original post was an academic exercise. Obviously there is no way either can get there - I was just wondering if I could build a plausible path.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Meanwhile, UGA continues to lead Florida and K State looks tremendous. Bill Snyder is a genius.

Agree we should try to pry away a good MAC coach.

Reaction Score
NO! I swear TV would sooner cancel the game than have a Big East Team as one of the participants. You think UConn didn't do damage with that abysmal showing (particularly when they had the ball) in the Fiesta Bowl. The same TV phenomena that can't show enough Yankee-Red Sox Sunday night games really doesn't want the Big East. They also don't want the MAC.

Reaction Score
A huge portion of MAC talent is Ohio kids who were overlooked by the B1G. Cincinnati was able to build their program in large part because BE membership made them a better destination for these kids than the MAC (and their six Ohio schools). I still don't know why we don't place a higher priority on this recruiting area (I believe we've recruited a total of four Ohio kids since our upgrade) as it has to help us (I'm not thinking that we can steal kids from Ohio St but I believe we can grab a kid or two who would have been one of Miami or Akron's better recruits).

Better programs than us (Michigan, Ohio St, Notre Dame) have hired HC's who were the head guy at a MAC school before getting there. This would not be a bad place to look.
didn't we hire Ambrose from Akron.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
didn't we hire Ambrose from Akron.
I don't know about Ambrose (I think he was always in and around Maryland) but Moorehead came here from Akron. After the spring game (he was here less than two months) we spoke briefly about the amount of talent within Ohio. I later asked him what his recruiting responsibilities would be and he replied Maryland & northern Virginia, replacing (taking over what Ambrose was responsible for). I asked if he thought it would be a good idea to capitalize on his Ohio contacts and have him also recruit Ohio. he replied: "I know a lot of HS coaches in Ohio and i believe we could do very well there". I followed up by asking "Why don't they add Ohio to your recruiting area?". His response was (with a very deadpan expression) "I really don't know".

Reaction Score
I don't know about Ambrose (I think he was always in and around Maryland) but Moorehead came here from Akron. After the spring game (he was here less than two months) we spoke briefly about the amount of talent within Ohio. I later asked him what his recruiting responsibilities would be and he replied Maryland & northern Virginia, replacing (taking over what Ambrose was responsible for). I asked if he thought it would be a good idea to capitalize on his Ohio contacts and have him also recruit Ohio. he replied: "I know a lot of HS coaches in Ohio and i believe we could do very well there". I followed up by asking "Why don't they add Ohio to your recruiting area?". His response was (with a very deadpan expression) "I really don't know".
Moorehead.... Thanks for the correction.
Not sure wh I had Ambrose.

Reaction Score
The MAC is having a great season, already 6 bowl eligible teams. All of them are probably going to get invitations to bowls too.

Reaction Score
No undefeated Big East team would play for the national championship. Nor do they deserve to. Ville is now the last unbeaten. Anyone that tries to make the case for an unbeaten Ville to play in the BCS game over a few 1 loss teams simply doesn't know what they're talking about.

Reaction Score
So what would need to happen to get Rutgers or Louisville to the BCS title game?

They probably need about 2 dozen games to break their way. I only looked at it for 20-30 minutes but I can't even really find a realisitic combination of games that gets either to #2.

I'd say they should just root for Florida, Tennessee, Kansas State and Alabama this week. Might get them in front of 4 teams up to about 11-12 in the BCS rankings. Also either ND or Oklahoma is going to lose so they will at least make up some ground on one of them.

2 realistic upsets they should be all over tonight. Arizona over USC and Washington over Oregon State. USC dumping a game to Arizona would be huge.

I don't really see a way they can get even to the top 4 - but if one of them finishes undefeated 5-6 would be in play. Would have been really interesting in a four team playoff this year.

Just to show you how tty the BE is, Ville is one of only a handful of unbeaten teams and is 10th in the BCS. About five teams with one loss are ahead of Ville and will stay there. If Ville goes unbeaten the whole way, they might get to seventh in the BCS at best. It didn't help that Snooki took a dump against Kent State. Ville and Snooki play last game of the season.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Louisville is like 27th in the average of the computer polls.

If they win out - they would get to 5th I think.

I don't think they are better than anyone in front of them except maybe USCe without Lattimore - so it's not like it's some kind of scandal.

Reaction Score
Just to show you how tty the BE is, Ville is one of only a handful of unbeaten teams and is 10th in the BCS.

Louisville would be doing just fine if their nonconference scheduled were a wee bit better than UNC, Ky (1-8), SoMiss (0-8), FIU (1-8), Missouri St (1-AA/ 3-6).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom