buyout a mac game right now! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

buyout a mac game right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
There are many good points here but Dan hit the most important one as it pertains to us.

I do not know the intimate details to the way the state of Michigan administers their collegiate systems but logically there has to be sufficient overlap in state employees overseeing both schools (or at a minimum sufficient outrage by their local politicos) that our telling WMU that we are too good to take a trip to Kalamazoo (but here's a few dollars to ease the pain of our rejection), it will be a matter of minutes before we hear something similar from the folks in Ann Arbor about their previouly scheduled trip to East Hartford.

Reaction Score
ok so we just went thru that michigan buyout thread and some want us to play in ct and some say move it if it prevents a buyout. then again michigan can always just buy it out whenever they would like.

so this year were going to play at WM. something we should never have to do at this stage but anyway. were going to pass up getting a little creative with phone calls, hook up temple with a 12th game and have a chance to host a bcs school at the rent. thats a easy sell out and a winnable game for us and most here are not even going to think about it. where are the die hards that want blood and want uconn to be something one day in fball????? if buying out WM seems messy or not nice to you then go buy a umass tshirt. the syracuse ad gets it. they are going to mizzu. a bcs matchup is worth $$ no matter what end you on. we had a shot at fsu but not a rumble from our phone lines. get in the game or continue to watch other leagues make fun of you. good example- for the past 5ish years people rip the mwc but they always were fair with bsu. becuase bsu went out and played that big game somewhere and was willing to go anywhere for it. eventually they won and on the field they became legit and look now, they are moving up.

who really knows if tech will actually dump the game or w/e. but my point is i would be mad if we didn't call and see whats up considering how easy things would be to do it.
Love the passion...
But how do you know what is happening behind the scenes regarding phone calls?
Is my phone tapped as well?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If you want to be one of the big boys, you have to act like it. UM wouldn't lose any sleep over big timing us and buying out of our game at the Rent.​

I'm not sure about that last statement. The Michigan AD said, "We have a contract with UConn to go to their campus and play that game," Brandon said. "That contract is one we're absolutely going to honor as we do all our contracts."

I never like to say never, but if we were to break a contract for an away game after that same team visited us I would hope it would be for a much bigger fish than Texas Tech. We have 2 Texas Tech's joining the Big East in the near future. for cryin out loud.

And I think big boys honor their contracts. Little boys are the ones that dump what they have for the next, slighly more shiny object they come across..

Reactions: pj

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Love the passion...
But how do you know what is happening behind the scenes regarding phone calls?
Is my phone tapped as well?
i know whats happening behind the scenes, i'm just letting u guys know whats happening in a different way.:D

Reaction Score
Waquoit said:
I'm not sure about that last statement. The Michigan AD said, "We have a contract with UConn to go to their campus and play that game," Brandon said. "That contract is one we're absolutely going to honor as we do all our contracts."

I never like to say never, but if we were to break a contract for an away game after that same team visited us I would hope it would be for a much bigger fish than Texas Tech. We have 2 Texas Tech's joining the Big East in the near future. for cryin out loud.

And I think big boys honor their contracts. Little boys are the ones that dump what they have for the next, slighly more shiny object they come across..

I stand corrected, I hadn't seen that quote before and I think you're analogy is actually fairly apt there.

Reaction Score
I agree about scheduling mac teams, but Uconn did lose to WM on their own turf. Now let's go beat them on theirs. I think the schedule will get better the more the program wins. Hey how fun was it to see UC play @ Michigan & @ND. plus Tenn. coming in. That's not too shabby being a still relatively new to Div.1 plus being in the north east. I only think Uconn got these game because of the nationally ranked basketball teams, because on the National scale the football program is still not on peoples radars yet...

Reaction Score
I think the last time we did this, it was because Edsall got his ass handed to him on a platter by Navy. We looked small because of it.

Frankly, it doesn't see even close to being worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom