Buffalo games will be road games | The Boneyard

Buffalo games will be road games

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
With 90% of Buffalo filled with Orange fans, they will adopt the colors of St. Joes certainly and likely Nova after that.

We can expect a hostile environment.

Reaction Score
With 90% of Buffalo filled with Orange fans, they will adopt the colors of St. Joes certainly and likely Nova after that.

They'll just print a bunch of St Joes Stickers and slap them on the 25-0 shirts.

Reaction Score

SU fans have been dumping their tix ever since their late season swoon likely moved them out of
the East. Don't think there will that much orange...

Reaction Score
SU fans have been dumping their tix ever since their late season swoon likely moved them out of
the East. Don't think there will that much orange...

and now they are buying them back up

Reaction Score
In most of these tournaments I barely see any fans from other schools showing up to games not involving their teams. IE. Memphis fans for the other AAC games.

Different sessions, so I doubt many Cuse fans will be there.

The problem will be the pro Philly crowd with both SJU-Nova fans.

Reaction Score
In most of these tournaments I barely see any fans from other schools showing up to games not involving their teams. IE. Memphis fans for the other AAC games.

Different sessions, so I doubt many Cuse fans will be there.

The problem will be the pro Philly crowd with both SJU-Nova fans.

Is it different sessions? I don't think which region you are in matters for which session you're in, but I could be wrong.

Reaction Score
Didn't Nova beat SJU by 30?

I think they will overlook their hate for the easier opponent.

Reaction Score
I'm completely torn, and I'm pretty sure I'm getting old.
I'm in Erie, which is, maybe 1.5 hours from Buffalo.
10 years ago - maybe 5 - I'd go.

But I really, really like to see replays. And drink beer that doesn't require tapping the kids' college fun.

Sigh.:(

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I don't believe that Syracuse will dominate the crowd. I was in Springfield (or Worcester, I can't remember) when we lost on the BS last non-call on Hodge and NC State. The crowd was very corporate and equally divided among all of the teams. I expected a home UCONN crowd but it wasn't. I expect similar in Buffalo. It's up to us to get up to Buffalo to represent. Also, I like that none of the media expects anything from us. Ollie needs to stress the lack of respect with the team.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I'm completely torn, and I'm pretty sure I'm getting old.
I'm in Erie, which is, maybe 1.5 hours from Buffalo.
10 years ago - maybe 5 - I'd go.

But I really, really like to see replays. And drink beer that doesn't require tapping the kids' college fun.

Sigh.:(
I'm 46 and have flown to from Reno to Maui multiple times, many, many regionals, 3 final fours, and a couple of games against Cuse at Gampel. I want to slug people who would even consider not driving 90 miles to see a uconn tourney game unless they are 80 years old and driving is dangerous. Heck, I was just reading a thread on the womens board started by a guy in his 80's who drove 90 miles to see the chicks play in the AAC tourney. Sack up uconn fan.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I'm 46 and have flown to from Reno to Maui multiple times, many, many regionals, 3 final fours, and a couple of games against Cuse at Gampel. I want to slug people who would even consider not driving 90 miles to see a uconn tourney game unless they are 80 years old and driving is dangerous. Heck, I was just reading a thread on the womens board started by a guy in his 80's who drove 90 miles to see the chicks play in the AAC tourney. Sack up uconn fan.
I agree. He goes or he needs to sacrifice his testiculos on the Mojo God altar.

Reaction Score

I went to Buffalo in 2004 and was shocked at how few uconn fans were there, especially when we were poised for big things that year. Generally, all fans in the arena get behind the underdogs against the bigger name teams. Add to that the syracuse factor, so if we dont grab those seats they will be boos. A side note, St Joes also played there with Nelson that year and I was very impressed with their crowd numbers, easily better than ours.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Just took Thursday off, driving up, driving back for work Friday ( had already bought daughter ticket to Dance moms master class in new haven Friday night)and then driving back for Saturday ( because we WILL be playing Saturday) it is 2 x 14 hour round trips in 3 days. You can do the 90, strummer. You know you want to.

Oh and I am in the process of having a spinning senhor testiculo sign to distract foul shooters. Just need to find a way to get behind basket,

Reaction Score
How much will it cost me?
Will it be tough to get tickets or are these things lightly attended? If there is a preferred place to buy the tickets, please post a link.
Do they show replays nowadays on the big screen?
I'm rethinking this.
My neighbor (redneck) has nuts that he hangs from his truck. I'd borrow those for the ride up and hang them from my little Honda.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How much will it cost me?
Will it be tough to get tickets or are these things lightly attended? If there is a preferred place to buy the tickets, please post a link.
Do they show replays nowadays on the big screen?
I'm rethinking this.
My neighbor (redneck) has nuts that he hangs from his truck. I'd borrow those for the ride up and hang them from my little Honda.

Try SeatGeek.com or else it's $198 for all 3 sessions both days, there are still tickets available from the NCAA

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Yes, but we all know, and you yourself must concede, that you are a lunatic.

sidenote: A poster named HuskyBill just passed away yesterday. He posted mostly on the women's side these days, but you'd find the occasional post over here too. Big fan of both programs. Anyway, not only did this legend drive TO the final four in San Antonio, but he then drove back and forth between San Antonio and New Orleans to catch all the men's and women's games in 2004. He got to see the first Mens/Womens co champs. Hero. If it's good enough for Bill Dunn, it's good enough for the rest of us. That's him on the right with the bushy beard and the gray ball cap on.

boneyard-jpg.5260

Last edited:

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Yes, but we all know, and you yourself must concede, that you are a lunatic.

sidenote: A poster named HuskyBill just passed away yesterday. He posted mostly on the women's side these days, but you'd find the occasional post over here too. Big fan of both programs. Anyway, this guy drove back and forth between San Antonio and New Orleans for all the men's and women's games in 2004. He got to see the first Mens/Womens co champs. Hero. If it's good enough for Bill Dunn, it's good enough for the rest of us. That's him on the left with the bushy beard and the gray ball cap on.

boneyard-jpg.5260
I concede, unapologetically, that I am a lunatic. Proven by my UCONN obsession and various other metrics. In any event, $198 all session ticket and gas for a 180 mile drive, seems like an acceptable investment for even a half hearted UCONN supporter. RIP HuskyBill. Respect for your years of dedication. I think blue and white kid (now man) did the same thing if memory serves. Serious dedication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom