Bracketology (merged threads) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Bracketology (merged threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
So through the first couple of days of tournament play teams in the current rankings at numbers: 10, 11, 14, and 15 have lost in ASU, Stanford, FSU, and TAMU. And only the FSU loss was to another though lesser ranked team in Miami. The ASU loss is the only one so far that will likely have an effect on the NCAA top 10 reveal as they were in the #7 spot and will likely lose some ground. But the others may well shake the tree in the area of 4 seeds who are the bubble teams to host the first weekend.
We don't have a lot of information on what the committee thinks are the next ten teams but it likely is a positive for Syracuse and DePaul.

Charlie has already said that he has ASU dropping behind Maryland after yesterday's loss, and FSU dropping from a 4 seed to a 5. Stanford was probably the lowest 3 seed heading into yesterday, and the loss to Washington could have dropped them to a 4 seed. Syracuse is solidified as a 4 seed and, according to Charlie, DePaul moves up from a 5 to a 4. Of course, DePaul has yet to play its conference tournament, and any loss to a Big East opponent drop set it back as well.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
In looking at the two and three seeds, unless Oregon State or TX loses today, Uconn will face either Ohio State or Maryland in Bridgeport - TX cannot play in Dallas which moves them to either Sioux falls or Lexington and Oregon State will be either Dallas or Sioux Falls which leaves one of Ohio State or Maryland in Bridgeport. If they both make the final, I believe they are both 2 seeds, if one loses before the final, they are probably one of the top three seeds and couldn't be in the same region with the other.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Ohio replaces Maryland as #2 in bridgeport and Depaul is now the #4.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I'd much rather see a defensive team as the 2 in Bridgeport. Teams like tOSU can score a lot of points while these 50-60-points-a-game teams can never outscore UConn.
If the choice is Ohio vs Maryland ... I think I take Ohio - they both score a ton, but one of them actually has heard of defense, even if they don't much care for it! :)

GG

Reaction Score
Ohio State's defeat by MSU will drop them out of a #2 seed.
Following the SC game, Creme predicted UCLA as the 2 and OSU as the 3 in our bracket.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I meant to ask - how is Seton Hall a 7 seed and USF an 8 seed? That seems to defy logic. In the last 10 games Hall does have a win over Depaul, but they have losses to Marquette, Georgetown and SJU. All of USF's losses have come against ranked teams except for 2 - Temple once and Memphis once. I get that Hall beat a ranked Depaul team, but it seems illogical to me. It's big deal for USF because as an 8 seed, they'd have to face a 1 seed in the 2nd round. I am sure the RPI or something shows a better number for Seton Hall, but from an eye test standpoint, it doesn't seem right to me...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Ohio State's defeat by MSU will drop them out of a #2 seed.
Currently Creme has OSU as a #2 and UCLA as a #3 - OSU has a great RPI and two wins over Maryland and the loss to Michigan State is not as bad as the ASU loss to Cal - Maryland needed to go far in the tournament because of their crap OOC, OSU had a dynamite OOC and an RPI better than ASU or UCLA so they probably stay ahead of them. It doesn't much matter because it is likely we end up with OSU and one of the Pac12 as the two and three seeds in our region at this point anyway.

Reaction Score
Currently Creme has OSU as a #2 and UCLA as a #3 - OSU has a great RPI and two wins over Maryland and the loss to Michigan State is not as bad as the ASU loss to Cal - Maryland needed to go far in the tournament because of their crap OOC, OSU had a dynamite OOC and an RPI better than ASU or UCLA so they probably stay ahead of them. It doesn't much matter because it is likely we end up with OSU and one of the Pac12 as the two and three seeds in our region at this point anyway.
Creme just updated his Bracketology this (Sunday) morning - tOSU is now a projected 3 seed in Bridgeport, with UCLA the new 2 seed in the same regional.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Villanova just lost in the first round of the BE to Creighton which may drop them out of the field (I think their best player is out for the season.) It opens the possibility for two Ivy league schools to get in, which would be pretty cool! No one has covered themselves with glory at the back end of the field and as the bubble teams not making it in.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Villanova just lost in the first round of the BE to Creighton which may drop them out of the field (I think their best player is out for the season.) It opens the possibility for two Ivy league schools to get in, which would be pretty cool! No one has covered themselves with glory at the back end of the field and as the bubble teams not making it in.
Very surprised if two Ivy's make it. Their overall resumes are not that good. They shouldnt benefit because other teams lost in conference tournaments when the Ivey's dont have one.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Very surprised if two Ivy's make it. Their overall resumes are not that good. They shouldnt benefit because other teams lost in conference tournaments when the Ivey's dont have one.
They (Penn and Princeton) have RPIs in the 30s which is impressive considering that teams in P5 conferences have ones a lot worse. It probably will not happen, but it would definitely be nice if it did.

Plebe

Reaction Score

In the case of Villanova, a potential Ivy at-large bid would benefit from the fact that Villanova is clearly not the same good team without its best player.

Reaction Score
Penn and Princeton play each other on Tuesday. The winner gets the automatic bid, and
the loser, with another loss on their record, probably doesn't get in.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Charlie Creme's Bracketology has been updated as of March 7th, 2016 at 12:25 am. UCLA is listed as the #2 in UConn's region.
I think MSU has a better claim to the last 4 seed over TAMU with TAMU losing to KY (OK) and TN (bad) in their last two games v. MSU upsetting OSU on the way to the conference final - better RPI, better record and equivalent wins - TAMU maybe has better losses, but ...

Reaction Score
Either Michigan St, or Mississippi St should be ahead of Texas A& M. On the Men's side they take into account how you are playing at the end of the year.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Either Michigan St, or Mississippi St should be ahead of Texas A& M. On the Men's side they take into account how you are playing at the end of the year.

I think that would be overreacting. Texas A&M has 6 top-50 wins and a top-10 strength of schedule. Michigan State played a decent schedule but only has 3 top-50 wins. Mississippi State has 5 top-50 wins but played an atrociously weak nonconference schedule.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The new bracket might mean another date with DePaul and their frenetic, trapping style.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I doubt DePaul gives UCONN the same game they gave the Huskies earlier in the season. They've looked very shaky lately, especially in that conference tourney loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom