Boston Thursday Roll Call | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Boston Thursday Roll Call

Reaction Score
Does anybody have any idea what time the Saturday game would be? I looked at last year:

Sunday 2:20 5:05 Saturday 6:09 8:49 We were west, so the late game. This year East and West are Saturday, so I assume an early game, maybe around 6:00 in Boston and the late game in LA. Sunday games are Detroit and Dallas.

Might see what the ticket situation for Saturday looks like.
I'll be in for that, will have to convince the gf to find a place or way to watch the game if UConn is in it.

Reaction Score
Pub suggestions walkable to TD .. Sullivan's Tap/The Harp/West End Johnnies/The Greatest Bar/Hurricanes at The Garden.. All one-to- two blocks to the Garden. Pizza-Half-Time Pizza.. How do I know this?? Used to park at Causeway St and Friend St for biz for 20+ years in the open air parking lot behind Half-Time Pizza between Friend St and Canal St.

A word of caution. Be respectful to your hosts at Half-Time Pizza. Connected to the Angiulo Family-If you know what I mean.
Is their gabagool any good ?

IMG_0857.gif

Reaction Score
Are the game times out yet for the Saturday games? Would like to watch the women who are playing at 8 so hoping the times don’t conflict.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It's only .2 miles. That's walking distance. Maybe 2 blocks.
Yeah. That’s why it’s the best place to park and even pre-game away from crowds if the weather isn’t terrible. According to Shiri Spear the weather is going to be terrible.

Reaction Score
Still waiting to hear from @auror, @Rocktheworld and other Beantown locals to tell us best pregame spot. Hoping to up there by 5.
Maybe we should start a poll. I don’t think I’m going to bother trying a bar immediately near the Garden. But I of course have the luxury of just walking to the area and winging it as opposed to commuting in, finding parking, etc

There’s Night Shift Brewery in the north station area that isn’t right by all the big bars there that out of towners (who will be inundating said bars) may not know of. It’s at least big, and the beer is solid

Blackmoor in charlestown

Hill Tavern in beacon hill

Dubliner in government center

North end is mainly small bars or more swanky wine/cocktail spots

Otherwise you’re looking at any of the interchangeable Faneuil Hall bars

Reaction Score
Anybody know if/when there’s an open practice? I thought that was always a thing and that it would be this afternoon, but not seeing anything on the official accounts just yet

Reaction Score
Will be there +1. Early dinner on Hanover St then straight to pregame festivities.

Reaction Score
I hope we can represent better than we did in Brooklyn. I have not lived in CT since 1991 so it has been more than a minute. In that time most of the games I have gone to were road games. I went to the 2009 game against Duke in MSG. I can’t say I remember exactly which fan base was louder. I was just so upset at the refs that my wife had to pretty much get me out of there before something bad happened. Although I went to the first BE tourney in Providence have never attended a MSG BE tourney game.

My point is that I was in Barclays for all six games Friday and Sunday. We were the closest school by geography. From my perspective we had the fourth loudest fan base at the games. JMU was the loudest in their first game the upset. The entire lower bowl across from the benches was full with their fans. They stood the whole game. The second loudest fan base was Northwestern during the Friday game. Then I believe Duke fans were the third loudest during the JMU game. It was bad enough that we left our seats for the entire second half and walked around the concourse.

Then I would say UConn was the fourth loudest. I found that interesting because without question there were clearly more people wearing UConn shirts than any other team. That was not close. Yet we did not make the same level of noise per fan and honestly it was not close. Perhaps it was related to the fact that we had won both games by the end of the first half.

If we win on Thursday, I will be there with my boys for the Saturday game. I will wear white. These games will be closer and if we are not going to make noise then we should at least wear white to support this team. If any team ever deserved a fan base to be absolutely rabid it is this team. I really hope TD is all white on Thursday night. Certain there will be a Haiku for mojo on this topic.
I think we will have much better support at TD Garden than at Barclays. 14,000 of us were just at MSG for the BET the week prior, so getting back to NYC a week later is a tough ask, especially with Boston lined up.

Just speaking anecdotally, myself and quite a few people I know were just waiting for Boston and didn't bother going to Brooklyn. TD Garden holds 19,500 people. I would be extremely disappointed if UConn didn't have at least 12,000 there. Boston is also a lot easier to get to than Brooklyn for pretty much everyone who doesn't live in Fairfield County

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Did anyone try to join the SDSU "Aztec" club at the minimum donation and buy tickets through them? We got our tickets to Worcester that way via UCF in 2005 at face price (I think it was $50 donation, bought 4 seats, did not turn our great).

Reaction Score
Did anyone try to join the SDSU "Aztec" club at the minimum donation and buy tickets through them? We got our tickets to Worcester that way via UCF in 2005 at face price (I think it was $50 donation, bought 4 seats, did not turn our great).
Read on their board they sold out pretty quickly

Reaction Score
Are the game times out yet for the Saturday games? Would like to watch the women who are playing at 8 so hoping the times don’t conflict.

They won't be out until the Thursday semis are over.

Reaction Score
Anyone with any experience in the “Rafters” seats at TD? Seems like a bunch of these have flooded the market and pretty “low” prices. Pretty high up but i suspect comparable to high up nosebleeds at lower price.

I see they are through the “Boston Garden Society” whatever that is. Makes me a little concerned there will be some membership restrictions at the gate.

Reaction Score
Anyone with any experience in the “Rafters” seats at TD? Seems like a bunch of these have flooded the market and pretty “low” prices. Pretty high up but i suspect comparable to high up nosebleeds at lower price.

I see they are through the “Boston Garden Society” whatever that is. Makes me a little concerned there will be some membership restrictions at the gate.
They're definitely a bit strange. I've worked up in that area but I've never actually sat there. Personally I'd probably rather spend the money to get a better seat.

Reaction Score
They're definitely a bit strange. I've worked up in that area but I've never actually sat there. Personally I'd probably rather spend the money to get a better seat.
Would normally agree but the current price difference for Sunday in particular is quite big and growing. Worth considering.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I was there for a Val Halen concert. It's at the level of the roof. There's a row or two of suites above the top row of seats and the rafters is on top of that. I'd rather watch on TV

Reaction Score
I'm in for this one, after much hemming and hawing and checking various secondary market sites!!

Ended up getting a seat in 303 for just north of 250 (fees included)

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
What apps are you using to see prices? Are the same tix on all the reseller apps?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom