Boston Thursday Roll Call | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Boston Thursday Roll Call

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Doors open at 610p…might have to camp out in the meantime
Or go to the meet up spots people are talking about. You'll see somebody in Husky gear. Banners is basically attached to the building.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Just got this. “join UConn Nation this Thursday as we take over Beantown and cheer on our team in the Sweet Sixteen. Come to the one and only Husky Headquarters in Boston, Big Night Live Boston, starting at 4:30pm. Don't forget to wear white to support the Huskies! Register Here

IMG_3001.jpeg

Reaction Score
Just got this. “join UConn Nation this Thursday as we take over Beantown and cheer on our team in the Sweet Sixteen. Come to the one and only Husky Headquarters in Boston, Big Night Live Boston, starting at 4:30pm. Don't forget to wear white to support the Huskies! Register Here

View attachment 98274
Pretty ridic to charge $25 and mention there’s a ton of registrants so you’ll be waiting in a line. If there wasn’t a price tag I’d be there

Reaction Score
Still waiting to hear from @auror, @Rocktheworld and other Beantown locals to tell us best pregame spot. Hoping to up there by 5.
Pub suggestions walkable to TD .. Sullivan's Tap/The Harp/West End Johnnies/The Greatest Bar/Hurricanes at The Garden.. All one-to- two blocks to the Garden. Pizza-Half-Time Pizza.. How do I know this?? Used to park at Causeway St and Friend St for biz for 20+ years in the open air parking lot behind Half-Time Pizza between Friend St and Canal St.

A word of caution. Be respectful to your hosts at Half-Time Pizza. Connected to the Angiulo Family-If you know what I mean.

Reaction Score
Pub suggestions walkable to TD .. Sullivan's Tap/The Harp/West End Johnnies/The Greatest Bar/Hurricanes at The Garden.. All one-to- two blocks to the Garden. Pizza-Half-Time Pizza.. How do I know this?? Used to park at Causeway St and Friend St for biz for 20+ years in the open air parking lot behind Half-Time Pizza between Friend St and Canal St.

A word of caution. Be respectful to your hosts at Half-Time Pizza. Connected to the Angiulo Family-If you know what I mean.
I know it's yous, but this was the only gif I could post here.
Chazz Palminteri GIF by Eric

Secure Dog

Blue Collar = Blue Blood
Reaction Score
I hope we can represent better than we did in Brooklyn. I have not lived in CT since 1991 so it has been more than a minute. In that time most of the games I have gone to were road games. I went to the 2009 game against Duke in MSG. I can’t say I remember exactly which fan base was louder. I was just so upset at the refs that my wife had to pretty much get me out of there before something bad happened. Although I went to the first BE tourney in Providence have never attended a MSG BE tourney game.

My point is that I was in Barclays for all six games Friday and Sunday. We were the closest school by geography. From my perspective we had the fourth loudest fan base at the games. JMU was the loudest in their first game the upset. The entire lower bowl across from the benches was full with their fans. They stood the whole game. The second loudest fan base was Northwestern during the Friday game. Then I believe Duke fans were the third loudest during the JMU game. It was bad enough that we left our seats for the entire second half and walked around the concourse.

Then I would say UConn was the fourth loudest. I found that interesting because without question there were clearly more people wearing UConn shirts than any other team. That was not close. Yet we did not make the same level of noise per fan and honestly it was not close. Perhaps it was related to the fact that we had won both games by the end of the first half.

If we win on Thursday, I will be there with my boys for the Saturday game. I will wear white. These games will be closer and if we are not going to make noise then we should at least wear white to support this team. If any team ever deserved a fan base to be absolutely rabid it is this team. I really hope TD is all white on Thursday night. Certain there will be a Haiku for mojo on this topic.

Reaction Score
I hope we can represent better than we did in Brooklyn. I have not lived in CT since 1991 so it has been more than a minute. In that time most of the games I have gone to were road games. I went to the 2009 game against Duke in MSG. I can’t say I remember exactly which fan base was louder. I was just so upset at the refs that my wife had to pretty much get me out of there before something bad happened. Although I went to the first BE tourney in Providence have never attended a MSG BE tourney game.

My point is that I was in Barclays for all six games Friday and Sunday. We were the closest school by geography. From my perspective we had the fourth loudest fan base at the games. JMU was the loudest in their first game the upset. The entire lower bowl across from the benches was full with their fans. They stood the whole game. The second loudest fan base was Northwestern during the Friday game. Then I believe Duke fans were the third loudest during the JMU game. It was bad enough that we left our seats for the entire second half and walked around the concourse.

Then I would say UConn was the fourth loudest. I found that interesting because without question there were clearly more people wearing UConn shirts than any other team. That was not close. Yet we did not make the same level of noise per fan and honestly it was not close. Perhaps it was related to the fact that we had won both games by the end of the first half.

If we win on Thursday, I will be there with my boys for the Saturday game. I will wear white. These games will be closer and if we are not going to make noise then we should at least wear white to support this team. If any team ever deserved a fan base to be absolutely rabid it is this team. I really hope TD is all white on Thursday night. Certain there will be a Haiku for mojo on this topic.
I live on the Orange Line and I am close enough to TD BankNorth Garden. I got my tickets and I am going this Thursday. We need to be loud as all hell and effect the outcome of the game by effecting the officials and making them give every 50-50 call to UConn. To understand what I mean watch a video of the UConn-Villanova game in Hartford in 2022 when Hurley gets kicked out. The crowd was so loud and incensed the officials gave every 50-50 call to UConn for the rest of the game.

Reaction Score
The Brooklyn crowd was pretty sad in comparison to other programs, especially considering we chose this site and were by far the closest.

The hope, really, is that our fanbase foresaw 3 straight weekends in MSG, Barclays, and Boston, and most of them concluded (probably correctly) that the Brooklyn games would be the least interesting and our support would be the least needed among those.

There's no excuse not to dominate Boston, especially considering the other programs are from San Diego or the Midwest.
Damn fukkkking right. I will be there this Thursday. Ok, I need to get off of this thread. I am getting too jacked up with energy and I need to wind down to go to sleep.

Reaction Score
Still waiting to hear from @auror, @Rocktheworld and other Beantown locals to tell us best pregame spot. Hoping to up there by 5.
I'm waiting to hear when my +1 will be arriving so I know when I will be in the area. Otherwise I would organize something proper, but...

I'd avoid Banners as I expect that's where the crowds will be. Other than Big Night Live, but I expect there to be some spillover there.

My first try will probably be Night Shift Lovejoy, but that could get crowded too.

Tavern in the Square is an okay option, if a bit generic/Corporate craft (think Stout in NYC). The Harp and Greatest Bar draw a sports bro crowd if that's how you identify.

Underrated spot is Ducali. You have to cross one street so it doesn't get as crowded, but decent pizza and typical mainstream craft on tap.

If you're a cockail person, Ward 8 is around the block and has decent cocktails and will likely be 1 level less crowded.

If you just want a slice that resembles pizza and a large beer, Halftime is your spot.

For a group event, Blackmoor across the bridge might be the spot. Less crowds. But that's a tougher walk across the bridge in the rain.

There's a "new" food hall there in the Hub next to the Garden with fast casual spots if you just want some food and want to just see what inspires you. There's also another food hall a few minutes away at Haymarket called Boston Public Market that has a few places in there. But yeah, you're also just a 10 min walk from the North End. Alcove is next to Lovejoy and is a bit more bougie. Going the other direction, it's been a decade+ but I used to like the Tip Tap Room.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom