Borges confirmed: Hass is staying | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Borges confirmed: Hass is staying

Reaction Score
He said last Wednesday "end of this week", which presumably meant the end of last week.
I see, I guess saw an out of context clip of it early this week.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
You all worry about next year. I'm still trying to figure out how Hass improved his rim finishing so much this year. So much spin and touch now, plus an actual 3 point shot.

His defense and speed were always weapons.
I thought he looked much bouncier on top of everything you noted.

Diarra’s confidence was through the roof in every big moment. He’s been hitting buzzer beaters at least since he stepped on a college court and we saw that clutch gene grow to another level this season. Really hyped to see how he upgrades his game coming back as a 5th year senior and two-time reigning National Champion.

Also, it’s so dope Hass gets to go to work in the trenches everyday with his brother Mamadou. I imagine they had countless duels in the driveway or gyms nearby and now they’re together in the basketball capitol of the world.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Diarra played almost 20 mpg last season playing behind a first team AA PG, Spencer and a top-5 lottery pick in Castle. And they weren't all garbage minutes. He was playing key minutes in UConn's tightest games and had a regular rotation as first guard off the bench for the first half and the second half.

Diarra is 6'2" and isn't lighting up the NBA draft boards. The kid will play professionally throughout his 20's overseas and make some nice cash if that is what he wants to do.

He's been here two years and has two rings. He was a legit rotation player on this year's team.

With all that UConn lost from the roster, I find it tough to believe his minutes won't go up and be somewhere in the 22-25 mpg range. There are too many unknowns between Ball increasing his minutes, Nowell coming in as a frosh and any transfers. Diarra is the known quantity, the solid bed rock. The way he improved his 3-point shooting, finishing at the rim, and foul shooting means he will get plenty of minutes next season. And that's going to happen whether he starts or comes off the bench.

He has a chance to a 3-time national champion and not too many college kids can say that.

If he wants to be a guaranteed 15 ppg scorer, have the rock in his hands and play 30 mpg for his final season, I don't begrudge him one bit. A chance to be BMOC in your final year of college? Sure. And there are probably 50-75 good basketball schools he can do it. UConn isn't one of them. And no one on UConn's roster is guaranteed those type numbers.

Screenshot 2024-04-24 062211.jpg

Reaction Score
I would urge Hass to look at what happened to Alleyne if he’s considering anything else. Now he’s clearly more valuable with a bigger role and our national attention and media will be worth more than a few extra minutes.

Reaction Score
Diarra played almost 20 mpg last season playing behind a first team AA PG, Spencer and a top-5 lottery pick in Castle. And they weren't all garbage minutes. He was playing key minutes in UConn's tightest games and had a regular rotation as first guard off the bench for the first half and the second half.

Diarra is 6'2" and isn't lighting up the NBA draft boards. The kid will play professionally throughout his 20's overseas and make some nice cash if that is what he wants to do.

He's been here two years and has two rings. He was a legit rotation player on this year's team.

With all that UConn lost from the roster, I find it tough to believe his minutes won't go up and be somewhere in the 22-25 mpg range. There are too many unknowns between Ball increasing his minutes, Nowell coming in as a frosh and any transfers. Diarra is the known quantity, the solid bed rock. The way he improved his 3-point shooting, finishing at the rim, and foul shooting means he will get plenty of minutes next season. And that's going to happen whether he starts or comes off the bench.

He has a chance to a 3-time national champion and not too many college kids can say that.

If he wants to be a guaranteed 15 ppg scorer, have the rock in his hands and play 30 mpg for his final season, I don't begrudge him one bit. A chance to be BMOC in your final year of college? Sure. And there are probably 50-75 good basketball schools he can do it. UConn isn't one of them. And no one on UConn's roster is guaranteed those type numbers.

View attachment 99986
Many outstanding points but I think Alex would be guaranteed those minutes and that role if he were to return. Otherwise I agree with everything else you said.

Reaction Score
I would urge Hass to look at what happened to Alleyne if he’s considering anything else. Now he’s clearly more valuable with a bigger role and our national attention and media will be worth more than a few extra minutes.
I think if he leaves its because he just feels done with college. I can't see him going elsewhere.

Reaction Score
I did consider that factor and if that's what Diarra is waiting on
i'd be surprised if bringing in Mahaney directly forced Diarra to leave. like you said, Mahaney isnt a PG so i dont see how it would. i hope Diarra would be alright with bringing in a 3rd ball handler.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Can Haas keep up the same defensive intensity for 30 minutes that he did for 20?

I think probably yes but that’s gotta be a real question just from a physical limit and psychological point of view.

Reaction Score
Can Haas keep up the same defensive intensity for 30 minutes that he did for 20?

I think probably yes but that’s gotta be a real question just from a physical limit and psychological point of view.

Maybe he doesn't play 30 minutes, he'll play 22-24 in order to give ample minutes to other guards in the rotation.

Reaction Score
We had four guys that routinely brought the ball up court this season. TN, CS, SC and HD took turns and our offense did not focus on one guy being the PG or controlling the game.

And that ladies and gentlemen is why our offense was so good.
The other teams had no clue what play was about to be run, who was initiating it or anything else...........so we need HD back for continuity and leadership.

Reaction Score
We had four guys that routinely brought the ball up court this season. TN, CS, SC and HD took turns and our offense did not focus on one guy being the PG or controlling the game.

And that ladies and gentlemen is why our offense was so good.
The other teams had no clue what play was about to be run, who was initiating it or anything else...........so we need HD back for continuity and leadership.

Agree and that's why it should be part of the pitch to retain Hass and recruit Mahaney. Our offense was the best in the country with multiple facilitators.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
This was one of my favorite parts of being at UConn was when the basketball team would show up and play in pick up games

Carolina used to do this every year at some outdoor court on campus. Bunch of players would come out and students would get to play against them. Court would be mobbed and people sprinting to the free throw line to shoot for 5 as soon as each game ended.

Reaction Score
This was one of my favorite parts of being at UConn was when the basketball team would show up and play in pick up games

I remember guarding Jose Juan Barea at Northeastern. No idea who he was, he was short for a D1 player (i'm 5'11, he's maybe 5'8 ot 9). Suffice it to say I was thoroughly cooked like an overdone steak at capital grille that day.

Great to compete against D1 guys though to truly appreciate the level they are at.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
So what is Bouk doing on campus? Hope he’s getting his life back together

Reaction Score
I am a big fan of Hassan Diarra! Asked his former teammates in the NBA, & also his teammates that will be in NBA what he means; what he brings to a team! He has earned the ultimate respect in my view, I’d rather have the Dog I know, than the Dog I don’t know! Until further notice he’s running the team! Ride brothers

Reaction Score
H
So what is Bouk doing on campus? Hope he’s getting his life back together
Hurley mentioned the other day that he was there working out with the team. Hopefully the staff can straighten him out so he gets a chance to get back into the league.

Reaction Score
I remember guarding Jose Juan Barea at Northeastern. No idea who he was, he was short for a D1 player (i'm 5'11, he's maybe 5'8 ot 9). Suffice it to say I was thoroughly cooked like an overdone steak at capital grille that day.

Great to compete against D1 guys though to truly appreciate the level they are at.
It's crazy. I had to guard Rakim Lubin when he showed up and he looked like Steph Curry compared to all of the NARPs he was playing against

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom