Boneyard Tailgate | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boneyard Tailgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
oh well - there I go trying to make money for the school by advocating buying parking passes to the games and actually getting people on the grounds of the facility..... and the regulars shoot it all to hell. LOL.

Yes - parking across the street from stadium (silver lane) is cheaper and shorter walk than buying a general parking pass for red lots or getting steered there without a parking pass by the wonderful ground crew at Rentschler. Most of the recent and lately, not so recent too - football alumni that regular the games hang out over there too.

Huskynan - if it ever gets that far - this kind of info will be important for first timers for football games from the basketball community.
Baby steps, this is about getting people together first.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
It was South Florida. I was part of the ballbusting crew.

Yup, that was floating on the edge of my mind... Just having him pop the finger behind his back... Priceless...

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
It would be cool if everyone who has flagpoles for their tailgate set-ups and are on the Boneyard regually could have smaller flags made up signifying that we're Yarders'. Somthing smaller like you see on boats or a golf-sized flag?

Flag.jpg

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
It would be cool if everyone who has flagpoles for their tailgate set-ups and are on the Boneyard regually could have smaller flags made up signifying that we're Yarders'. Somthing smaller like you see on boats or a golf-sized flag?

View attachment 5914
for the tailgate setup, I had gotten a bunch of pennant flags, some custom. including a blue solo cup, LOL.

http://www.flagandbanner.com/default.asp
http://www.flagandpennants.com/flags/attention/customhorizontal.htm

I think that a single sided, 12X18 would be a good fit... for 25+ to get them at $20 is a good deal

I'd be in for one or two...

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

View attachment 5914

You mean like this...

yard.jpg

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
or this...yes, we've had this thread before...

Uconn-Huskies-Eyes Banner.jpg

Reaction Score
There used to be a large group that held a private party to the left of Silva's Day Care Center each game. Last year I didnt see the group once. Those guys are really flexible and will allow you to pre-pay for parking. They most likely could be convinced to set aside a large section of the parking lot. Also, if you get there early enough you just park and they will come by and collect payment once they arrive. Just throwing that out there.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

View attachment 5914
"Avast Yarders!!! Hoist ye flags ya scoundrels!!"

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
So, should I order the flag(s)? You guys want the logo that's at the top left of the screen or something else?

Reaction Score
BUMP UP! A little over a month till kickoff. First year for me NOT a UConn student since high school :(...Will there be boneyard tailgates this year? Would be fun to put faces to the avatars. Oh, and you get to meet @NorwalkHusky creator of the infamous "Any Ladies on the boneyard" thread!

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Yes - parking across the street from stadium (silver lane) is cheaper and shorter walk than buying a general parking pass for red lots or getting steered there without a parking pass by the wonderful ground crew at Rentschler. Most of the recent and lately, not so recent too - football alumni that regular the games hang out over there too. .

I agree, that's the way I usually go. Also, Stop & Shop on Silver Lane is a GREAT meeting place. Usually we'll have 4 or 5 leave their cars there so we can all ride in together. The bowling alley works just as well as a meeting too.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
BUMP UP! A little over a month till kickoff. First year for me NOT a UConn student since high school :(...Will there be boneyard tailgates this year? Would be fun to put faces to the avatars. Oh, and you get to meet @NorwalkHusky creator of the infamous "Any Ladies on the boneyard" thread!

MUST WEAR YOUR BY HANDLE AS A NAME TAG (this weeds out a LOT of people)...

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
We should have a big one for a home game and try to organize something for Mizzou as well as I know a lot of people are going there

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We should have a big one for a home game and try to organize something for Mizzou as well as I know a lot of people are going there

Sounds good. Why don't you take the lead?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Sounds good. Why don't you take the lead?

The one at the rent I'm not sure I should be responsible for since I live in NC and won't be making it to a game in CT this year it looks like besides homecoming (which I already am commited to an event for).

If there is enough people going to Mizzou though I will happily take the lead on a tailgate. I'll make a thread and have people comment in it if they're going and if we have enough guys going, say 10+ I'll go forward and organize something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom