Boneyard Tailgate | The Boneyard

Boneyard Tailgate

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
If you guys organize a tailgate that is open to people from all boards, I will rally the folks on the women's board and I will get a Boneyard flag made. I'll also contribute some food and beverages. Who's in?

Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
These tailgates were great back when we could easily secure 2000 square feet. Wouldn't this be difficult now? Or since we have an in with Calhoun perhaps we can get reservation space help.

Im in anyway

Reaction Score
These tailgates were great back when we could easily secure 2000 square feet. Wouldn't this be difficult now? Or since we have an in with Calhoun perhaps we can get reservation space help.

Im in anyway

I was thinking along those lines too, but couldn't some of us meet up before hand and all drive into thestadium together, essentially parking next to each other, giving us the room we need?

Reaction Score
I'M IN!
Maybe this can be linked with the Husky HQ/parent tailgate, Dave, Scott and Dan are always in the front by gate C.
If a few of the Yardies with blue passes meet up with them getting a good size space should be easy.

Reaction Score
And here I thought that all of Blue Lot was the Boneyard tailgate.:cool:

Regarding meeting up, my group meets at the Mobil Station on Silver Lane (e.g. 9 A.M. for a noon game) & drives in together through the East Gate. We usually have 5-6 cars, which ensures a 3 car spacing on the gravel for our tailgate.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Are we talking a 1 off? We could probably put this together in the Blue Lot using the Yarders passes. The Stony Brook or Boise game are probably the best candidates.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I don't think it would be too difficult for certain groups to reserve a spot for the tailgate through the AD. Many schools do this. Parking would likely be on your own and you'd have to walk.

If this were going to be a regular thing, it would probably require a more formal organizational structure with dues, committees, someone handing out those spring break wristbands and the like.

Eventually, you'd work your way up to a permanent tent/structure, sponsors, pregame concerts, fireworks, oxen pulls, before we get to the point and start committing serious NCAA recruiting violations.

Reaction Score
Maybe the parking people might have some flexibility to get this done. I assume Blue Pass holders could also have a second tag or flag to be directed to a specific area. Will inquire.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'm in depending on the game. Would love to meet you guys

Reaction Score
If you guys organize a tailgate that is open to people from all boards, I will rally the folks on the women's board and I will get a Boneyard flag made. I'll also contribute some food and beverages. Who's in?

IF I didn't live in FLORIDA I would be down for sure.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
LOL, I went to one with the 'yard many years back... CTO had a car accident, and we had the player Sparrowhawk so mad he was giving us the finger... I can't remember who that was we played!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
LOL, I went to one with the 'yard many years back... CTO had a car accident, and we had the player Sparrowhawk so mad he was giving us the finger... I can't remember who that was we played!
Was that that awful game vs Temple? It was Tom's birthday, IIRC, and someone brought a cake that turned everyone's tongues blue.

Reaction Score
Ideas:

If this is going to happen right - somebody needs to take the point. And don't look at me. I got enough on my plate. That's first. Somebody with organizational skills, motivated and a regular needs to take point.

Second - it would be good to approach the powers that be in the Athletic Department about assigning a designated area. Since the variety of first timers, the women's bball and men's bball boneyarder folks, probably don't all have the points and senhor -ity to park in the blue lots and qualify for those lots - and more likely probably would be single game buyers - they would be parking out in the red lots.

It seems to me that it would make sense to get set up on that side of the stadium - at least in the beginning. My idea is to try to get an area assigned officially in the gray parking up close to the stadium. Or if that's not possible, everybody that's going to do it, got to claim it somehow. Front row of the gray lot? That way, the first timers, and single game buyers that are looking for the boneyard can park in the boonies and walk their way up to the stadium and have a place to gather without having to go too far.

If none of that is possible - getting a designated area - then whoever is going to get together, just needs to get organized on where to meet prior tot eh games so that everybody goes in together - back to #1 - somebody got to step up.

IF it's going to be in the blue lots - so be it - newbies and first timers need to be prepared for long walks from where they park, to joining up with the tailgate.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Was that that awful game vs Temple? It was Tom's birthday, IIRC, and someone brought a cake that turned everyone's tongues blue.
That may have been!!!

Reaction Score
oh well - there I go trying to make money for the school by advocating buying parking passes to the games and actually getting people on the grounds of the facility..... and the regulars shoot it all to hell. LOL.

Yes - parking across the street from stadium (silver lane) is cheaper and shorter walk than buying a general parking pass for red lots or getting steered there without a parking pass by the wonderful ground crew at Rentschler. Most of the recent and lately, not so recent too - football alumni that regular the games hang out over there too.

Huskynan - if it ever gets that far - this kind of info will be important for first timers for football games from the basketball community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom